Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 02:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
And yeah, sailing around sacking towns and shit in any order you wanted ought to be re-used in some sort of pirate RPG.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Meier%27s_Pirates!_%282004%29

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 03:32 AM       
Quote:
like how those sharks that follow your boat will never, ever attack you as long as you're moving
They keep turning around and blowing right past my boat over and over again, but once in a while they will connect with it and knock me out of it I can't remember how to aim at and kill shit while sailing, unless I can't until I get some arrows

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 01:21 PM       
I never got to play Windwaker damn it.

I've been getting back into Starcraft II recently, and decided that I was going to train and become one of the top players in the world... for about five minutes before changing my mind since I realised that I can't be bothered.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 04:00 PM       

Hey, look! My 3rd-favorite game

I really wish I had a PC right now...maybe Iīll just play the PSP-Version...
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 04:53 PM       
Being the best StarCraft 2 player in the world is probably a lot like being the best rapist in the world. It's an impressive position, but you'll lose your humanity somewhere along the way, and everyone will think you're a huge asshole.

Why, yes, I do have a rather low opinion of StarCraft and its fanbase, why do you ask?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 08:22 PM       
I just reloaded Pirates! on my laptop yesterday.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 12:54 AM       
I finished AlternativA, thank god

Honestly, if it weren't 25 dollars, I'd have considered it a fun little point-and-click nostalgia trip, but it's just too shitty to pay for. The one part of the plot that was interesting, the murder that gets the conspiracy investigation going, gets swept under the rug after you break into the morgue and steal the dead guy's eye.

Spoilers!

Also, even with all the puzzle padding, where you have to talk to the same person over and over each time you make a little bit of progress, the game is something like 7 hours long. That was just me, though, and there were one or two times where I had to leave the game running while I watched a Let's Play of it to figure out what the fuck I was supposed to be doing. So, it's probably even shorter than that if you have a PhD in Ukranian moon-logic.

Not that I was expecting the game to not be horrible. Actually, it's slightly better than the trailer makes it look, but that's not saying much.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 08:32 AM       
In other news, hey, Mirror's Edge is actually good. Also definitely one of the prettiest games I've ever played.

Actually, I wouldn't really call it a "game," it's more of a super-glorified tech demo. A linear series of seamlessly-connected scripted events, where the enemies exist to provide the illusion of threat rather than anything tangible, and because of this are such fucking horrifyingly bad shots that they would make a squadron of Imperial Stormtroopers double over and collapse in laughter. Except for when the game feels like being a fucker and has 5 of them hit every clip from their machineguns on you in about 1 second, although it only seems to happen when I don't go the way the game wants me to, so I guess it's just a more assholeish way of keeping me on the train tracks. It almost feels like if you took all the police officers out of the running sequences you'd just inexplicably drop dead if you went the wrong direction.

It's entertaining, I guess, but the wall-running flat out does not fucking work, and the combat with real actual NPC police is the most horrible and offensive use of QTE spam I've seen since the knife fight with Krauser.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Apr 4th, 2011 at 10:09 AM.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 12:12 PM       
What are you talking about the knife fight with Krauser was great, the best QTE sequence ever made.

Man, they updated Super Meat Boy with like 140 something new levels but for some reason they don't save your progress yet. Since I only play games for the illusion of accomplishment they're totally inaccessible to me, plus I'm sick as fuck of Super Meat Boy. 44 hours of play time is pretty crazy for a platformer.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 01:07 AM       
I never even beat it. I got stuck on that room with the button on the ceiling, and the ONE time I hit it, I jump straight in thinking it's safe. Haven't played it since.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 09:16 AM       
i bought re 5 cause it was a greatest hit and now i'm on the hunt for the emblems only 5 to go

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 01:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
Man, they updated Super Meat Boy with like 140 something new levels but for some reason they don't save your progress yet. Since I only play games for the illusion of accomplishment they're totally inaccessible to me, plus I'm sick as fuck of Super Meat Boy. 44 hours of play time is pretty crazy for a platformer.
Oh wow I've been neglecting this game. now I need to finish it... AND play new levels. so long, exams!

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Apr 7th, 2011, 01:02 AM       
Been on another Minecraft binge. I finally found a wolf, tamed it, and my game crashed and now it's disappeared. Fuck.
drifting in the void
Old Apr 7th, 2011, 08:05 AM       
Wolfenstein. Luckily someone I know wanted to get rid of his copy...and since you´re not allowed to sell the game in germany (officially)...Already finished it when it first came out but it´s still nice to have it on the shelf.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 7th, 2011, 02:52 PM       
So what you're saying is that seeing a swastika has not caused you to turn into a Nazi? Even though you're in Germany?

drifting in the void
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 08:51 AM       
I know, it sounds crazy! Imagine all the options I have all of a sudden! I can go to Asia without turning into a drooling killer anymore shouting things like JA! SCHNELL SCHNELL or ACHTUNG IHRE PAPIERE BITTE!!!

Ah, what can I say, that stupid Hakenkreuz/Swastika-thingie is against the law here so everything with such a thing in it is against the law as well...

Guess how many of those Swastikas I conciously notice in the game. Exactly. None

I think itīs a real shame because that game is really good for just being a stupid shooter...
Forum Virgin
Izlude is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 11:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
I know, it sounds crazy! Imagine all the options I have all of a sudden! I can go to Asia without turning into a drooling killer anymore shouting things like JA! SCHNELL SCHNELL or ACHTUNG IHRE PAPIERE BITTE!!!

I saw "Zooey Deschanel or Action Paper Bite" when I read that.

I dunno about anyone else.
drifting in the void
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 11:53 AM       
Thats why I love languages so much. Things that already sound stupid to me sound even more stupid to people who donīt speak the language :D or...not as well as I do, I actually donīt know if any of you guys speak german

By the way, Iīm still a little disappointed that the funny nazi guys in Wolfenstein speak english instead of bad german, it was way funnier that way now oll zey do iz imitating bet german aczenz mein Herr
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 12:02 PM       
I took German once, which was enough to teach me some pronunciation and a couple words, but my vocabulary leaves a lot to be desired.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 02:21 PM       
I've played Wolfenstein which was enough to teach me some pronunciation and a lots of words. My vocabulary is astounding.
drifting in the void
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 03:06 PM       
Well...I gues should my country ever resort to demonic magic to take over the world, you guys can at least understand what the soldiers want of you before they mutate into some kind of abomination from beyond the void or something

I think itīs kinda interesting how every portrayal of Nazi-germany in games focusses solely on their military campaign and leaves the real evil out of the equation...then again, I really wouldnīt want to play a game about THAT...ugh...Makes you wish those guys only dabbled in ancient magic or some shit like that instead of what they really did...

Oh and I still think "Leichenfaust" is one hell of a name for a weapon Who comes up with a name like Corpsefist...
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 05:04 PM       
I need to stop buying Hitman games, because I've been duped into it three fucking times already and they just keep being horrible no matter what people tell me.

"Hey, we've got fun stealthing abound! Come and play with us!"

"Ok, Hitman. Hey, wait a minute, your stealth is broken, clunky, and horrible, and the AI isn't designed around it. How the hell am I supposed to do this?"

"Why don't you just shoot everyone?"

"I didn't sign up for a third person shooter! Not to mention that your gun mechanics aren't much better!"

"We promise the next game will be much less horrible than the last!"

"I fell for that with Hitman 2 and Blood Money already! Why don't you go fuck yourself, franchise?"
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 05:26 PM       
My friend was playing the new mutation for L4D2 and its you by yourself against only special infected....so no common infected or AI humans. Apparently they don't even show up to the game anymore
drifting in the void
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 05:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
My friend was playing the new mutation for L4D2 and its you by yourself against only special infected....so no common infected or AI humans. Apparently they don't even show up to the game anymore
That sounds...horrible actually. I hated L4D mainly because of those stupid special infected...and donīt start about challenge or anthing, I just wanted to shoot millions of zombies, not deal with Tanks and shit...

Again, Iīm at the last boss in Wolfenstein and again, heīs extremely annoying...he was stupid on normal, on hard heīs just...gah!
Funky Dynamite
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 08:32 PM       
Quote:
I need to stop buying Hitman games, because I've been duped into it three fucking times already and they just keep being horrible no matter what people tell me.
Just stay completely out of sight and focus on killing/stealing uniforms from people with high security clearance, mostly guards. Then you can pretty much do whatever.