Closed Thread

Buttmunch
Tacobot is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 04:39 PM       
That game looks awesome.
Freelance Artist
The_Punk_Hippie is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 04:45 PM       
That game is epically hilarious. I have the sense of humour of a 10 year old boy, because I giggled so loudly at "cross the eerie expanse of Wiener Wasteland & sail on the Sausage Sea" that I scared my cat XD
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 04:53 PM       
An UPDATE!!!!!

I just got my mail and a letter from my secret santa tells me my guess was indeed correct

So I learned a lot of things in this letter

1) Bothans are discriminated against in the USPS
2) Obi Wan never tells anyone shit
3) Hulk likes to punch old ladies apparently
4) I am about to get a live pig
5) Protoclown hates shopping with the public, and who can blame him

However, he wouldn't hate shopping if he had done so at Mos Eisley Spaceport, where you'll never find a more wretched hive of sales and bargains.

That said there will now be a part 3 of "My Secret Santa, so stay tuned true believers!
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 07:56 PM       
Haha, that game looks great. Can't wait for the magical photo tour of Meatland!
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 09:46 PM       
Damn, I was hoping the letter would arrive first! Ah well! Glad it arrived quickly enough, and that you were able to find out that I was your Secret Santa based on your sleuthing skills anyway.

ALSO! I have received my package from Batman Johnson! Thank you, sir! I have a box full of randomness and I will be posting pictures shortly...my roommate with the camera has an evil, wicked job that forces him to go to bed about when the sun goes down, and I've been out of town for work the past two days. BUT I will arrange to have photos taken soon!
Stuff
BatmanJohnson is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2011, 09:48 PM       
Yay I'm glad you got it!
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 12:06 AM       
OK so here it comes.

Secret Santa part 2: A romp in Meatville (truncated version)

So we set the game up and started right in. Yes, it is a lot like Candy Land. However those random meatball event cards that are in this game kind of cause all sorts of crap to happen. Like by turn 3 I was 3 moves from winning and yet I still managed to get knocked back to start twice. There are no sure victories cause the spinner has that chance to make you draw a card on it, and some of the cards are nasty indeed.

But the contest goes to the determined and after 20 minutes of getting jostled about Meatland by the cards....

I emerged victorious vanquishing my girlfriend and showing the superiority of the male in a game or random chance on top of random chance!

There is also an alternate version of the game where you arrange a meat tray with the types of meat movements you can get on the spinner. Whatever you land on you have to eat a bit of. Maybe one of these days when I want to make my doctors life harder I will try this quadruple bypass version of the game.

Stay tuned for the next chapter....
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 12:08 AM       
Poor Dr. Boogie was my Secret Santa, and was kind enough to drop it off in person. I kinda blatantly lied about having roommates, had to move in with my folks once I moved back from Oregon and didn't want to admit it. I wasn't the one who answered the door, and I'M AFRAID HE GOT A BRUSQUE RECEPTION. I'm tanking an art project atm, so I couldn't chat either. Sorry, Boogie, especially since the gift is badass as hell. Posting pictures in a bit
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 12:37 AM       
It's true, I had planned to mail it, but I didn't get to the post office or UPS in time, so I just decided to creep him out by showing up unannounced. The best part was me trying to explain myself:

"Well, um, you see, he knows me from this online forum. Well, he doesn't know me, and we've never really met, and of course he wouldn't recognize me by my real name, but I'm his secret santa! Yep. You can trust that there's nothing sinister about this crappy-looking box I taped together from an old box of copier paper."

Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 01:00 AM       
Did you mention the name Grislygus would recognize you by? "Yeah, just tell him this package is from Dr. Boogie. "
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 01:14 AM       
I felt horrible, I thought I'd gotten paired with a new person and walked out ready to tear this fucker to pieces and he's like "Hey, I'm Dr. Boogie" and then I realized I was a complete asshole

ESPECIALLY once I opened the box, holy shit. I thought my poster gift was awesome when I was initially thinking about it, and now I know that I was completely wrong in the saddest way possible

CANDY BOX

MOTHEFUGGIN CANDY BOX, HALLOWEEN ON CHRISTMAS BITCHES SHIT FUCKING RULES OH GOD I GAVE SOMEONE A POSTER

We have:
-3 jumbo plastic candy canes filled with sweet tarts, skittles, and Reese' pieces respectively
-Giant tootie roll thing
-ghiradelli peppermint bark
-Bag of butterfinger bells
-Bag of twix
-milky way/3 musketeers/snickers/twix mix
-KIT KAT BARS

An attached note admits that it was not a box filled with women, but hoped I'd enjoy it anyway and imagine that it would come attached to a chimney, presumably in this brand new stocking here

Also Boogie, how long are you in Costa Mesa? Next week is my finals, we should go get drinks
Admiral of the Undead
Thanos is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 11:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
It's true, I had planned to mail it, but I didn't get to the post office or UPS in time, so I just decided to creep him out by showing up unannounced. The best part was me trying to explain myself:

"Well, um, you see, he knows me from this online forum. Well, he doesn't know me, and we've never really met, and of course he wouldn't recognize me by my real name, but I'm his secret santa! Yep. You can trust that there's nothing sinister about this crappy-looking box I taped together from an old box of copier paper."
Boogie, you delivered the greatest Christmas gift of all -- awkward uncomfortableness.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 01:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
Boogie, you delivered the greatest Christmas gift of all -- awkward uncomfortableness.
Yeah normally you have to be a blood relative to accomplish that in most families.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 01:49 PM       
Without further ado, the final part of my secret santa

My Secret Santa part 3: A cupfull of robot

So another package arrived at my door.

A robot that doubles as measuring cups from Think Geek

There it is outside of the box looking all robot-y

And broken down into measuring cup form. I was just lamenting my need for new measuring cups too.

This concludes my gift receiving portion of the SS. Big ups tp Protoclown for the cool swag!
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 02:57 PM       
I'm glad Pentegarn had hisself a merry little Christmas, as he was my Secret Santa and very generous and giving to me!

My package actually arrived yesterday, but I was not around to claim it. As such, I had to get myself to the post office and pick up my bundle of joy. Side note, they don't seem really careful with them, as it started to collapse a bit. I worried momentarily that any animals within would be harmed, but (thankfully) there were none to worry about.

Right from the get go, my eyes started analyzing what glorious gifts awaited me.

As is custom, a small letter was packed away within, detailing the harrowing decision-making adventure that came about in choosing a suitable gift. As well as a traditional American closing, before signing his name delicately in printer ink.

The comic collection came bundled amongst itself, which I have no problem with.

As you can see I received a veritable plethora of love from Pentagarn. In fact, I received not one, but 3 movies! And a big ol' bag a candy! And a pretty complete collection of a comic book that I haven't read (seems to be in the vein of Robot Chicken). The movies included Cannonball Run (which everyone should see at least once), a Clint Eastwood two-pack (Hang 'Em High, and Good, Bad, the Ugly; Pentagarn has an excellent eye for things I would like) and Army Of Darkness: Screwhead Edition (I own the Boomstick Edition, but this will give me an extra copy to cherish).

All excellent gifts! I am very thankful, I hope shipping wasn't too bad for you. I always feel bad when someone has to ship internationally for me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some things to read and some candy to eat.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 04:11 PM       
Fuck, I'm running behind guys but I swear ill ship mine today.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 04:36 PM       
You'd think for what USPS charges to ship to America's Hat they would have taken care of the box better, no wonder people are choosing fed ex and UPS.

Just glad it got there in one piece.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 05:09 PM       
I've seen packages come in much worse shape
Forum Virgin
Pharmasweaves is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 05:15 PM        The Best SS ever courtesy of Tacobot
Finally got around to unwrapping and am still enjoying my secret santa gift.

It started by opening the box to this

"PPS don't eat the gum from the baseball cards"
oo this is starting out good already

Unpacked the stocking, full of great looking candy (except maybe the pouches of tamarino fruit?) maybe look forward to pictures of enjoyment? of the candies

the aforementioned baseball cards. im not even sure i want to open them, i wanna just keep em in mintyish condition still

unpacking the rest of the box. i think i remember having gummy candies like that when i was really little from the korean store

first thing unwrapped was OH MY GOD THE BEST GIFT EVAH here are a couple videos of the girlfriend enjoying it as proof

next was a graphic novel of TMNT AWESOMEness i used to always watch the old school tmnt cartoons on tv and now i can get back into loving them again

next was a wooden knife kit, i set about assembling it

fun times, maybe ill try to sharpen it or something haha

next was a dvd of Creepshow 2, which i look forward to watching with the wife soon.

and the last package was batteries, i assume the same kind as the rc car, for even more fun to come
the toad rc came with a tiny banana and red shell, but i couldnt get the camera to focus on them enough to take a good picture. if you go through my photobucket album you can see the tries.

yay i loved the package, although it makes me feel bad about my gift.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 05:25 PM       
My gif-tee should have gotten there gifts today. I hope they like them.

Last edited by Ex Leper : Dec 8th, 2011 at 06:00 PM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 08:02 PM       
OK so you say you have a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmasweaves View Post
girlfriend
But does the
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmasweaves View Post
wife
you mentioned later know about her?
The Third Man
Harry Lime is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 08:54 PM        Amazing Secret Santa Package
I was really excited to come home and find a huge UPS box on my porch. And even more excited to find this guy hiding in all the pink packing peanuts inside!

And even more excited when I began rummaging through its innards

to find all sorts of mystery goodies inside

But who might they be from?

A lovely hand drawn letter from Replicant!

Now onto the other goodies.

First an excellent array of holiday themed candy that will surely keep me satisfied for the holiday season.

A cholocate covered Peep shaped like a tree, Christmas Dots, Frosty Nerds, and Cotton candy Snowballs.

Next, an Infectious Disease Stress Ball!!

Fuck Yeahhhhhh!

Next up, a Sparkling Bacon Ornament!

Followed up with some fantastic dough ornaments
(Note the all mighty pickle)

Last but not least, a copy of Jean-Pierre Jeunet's Delicatessen!

I love Jeunet!

A few shots of putting the ornaments to good use.

Thank you Replicant for a very generous, thoughtful, and christmas packed package! I love it!

Many Cheers and Thank Yous!
Paul
"Fighting the Frizzies...at 11:00"
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 09:39 PM       
I WANT A BACON ORNAMENT.