Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 01:55 PM        Switching Audio Signal? (L -> R, R -> L)
Hey so I recently bought some speakers and with the way my physical set up is, I have the left speaker on the right side of my desk and vice versa.

This is due to the fact my tower is below my desk on the left side, and for some reason the manufacturers made it so everything must plug into the R speaker (ie, audio plug, subwoofer line and left speaker line and ac out). So pretty much my sound is reversed.

Is there any piece of software or anything so I can switch signals? It's weird for when I'm playing a game and someone shoots at me from left and I have to turn right.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 02:04 PM       
There was a way in Winxp, I can't find any settings on Vista though. It should be somewhere in control panel/Sound
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 02:05 PM       
What OS are you on?
I hate this hacker crap!
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 03:04 PM       
I'm running XP good sir, please advise.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 03:49 PM       
Everything I'm reading says it has to be done on the sound card driver level. I'm remembering that my sounblaster software did it.

I just looked at my system toolbar (you know the clock on the bottom right) and found a sound program running, I opened it at it had a way to switch the channels.

You could alwyas cut the speaker wires and splice in a long piece of wire though.
Turrican't. :(
Kitsunexus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 10:53 PM       
Man, there SHOULD be something like "Enable Reverse Stereo" like those old DOS games had, that would be awesome.

OK, I THINK I found a solution, but it involves bypassing your Windows mixer for this third party one:
http://www.actualsolution.com/power_mixer/

It doesn't mention anything about reverse stereo on the site, but this program was recommended in a forum post that popped up in a Google Search.

seems to be a lockergnome forum: http://help.lockergnome.com/windows/...ict445575.html

so that should have a high probability of working!
Turrican't. :(
Kitsunexus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 10:55 PM       
i didnt think my old post published
I hate this hacker crap!
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 10:23 AM       
Ok I'm going to look through my settings in my audio manager and then get that software if I have to.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 06:35 PM       
i think that radioshaq has like extension cords for stuff like this. then you could just put your right speaker on the right side :O