Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 02:46 PM        Comedians You've Seen in Person
I haven't seen too many big names but a couple are:

Jim Gaffigan once
Jerry Seinfeld twice

Jim Gaffigan was quite good. We had front row tickets. Of course he talked about hot pockets for a little too long.

The 2 Jerry Seinfeld shows were a couple years apart from each other so they were quite similar both times. The first time he took questions and stuff at the end. The second time he didn't. The second time was before they aired the curb with the Seinfeld reunion so he did talk about that a bit. The first time we saw him scoot off in his limo right after the show even though when he was taking questions he said he'd stick around to sign stuff. We didn't have anything to sign and ended up just leaving anyway so we thought it was funny watching from a distance.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 03:13 PM       
I saw Neil Hamburger last month. He's not really my cup of tea, but he really knows how to beat a dead horse and handles hecklers really well. Haha.

I also saw Henry Rollins, 'cause he does a little standup stuff on occasion. He's as awesome as you might imagine.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 03:20 PM       
I've only seen some nobody named Jimmy Dore. I missed out on seeing Seinfeld once due to an utter lack of advertising and I was pretty mad when I found out after the fact.

I always wanted to see George Carlin in person too, but

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 03:40 PM       
I saw Howie Mandel right after he shaved his head he was actually pretty funny. Arsenio Hall was at the same show and was even better.

I once saw Dave Attell in New York but I was so drunk I dont really remember much of it. I left a drunk message on a friends voice mail after the show. Sounded like I had a good time.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 04:13 PM       
Dane Cook twice
Louis Ramey
Vince Morris
Ron White
Nick Swardson

For the Dane Cook shows, it should've been him once and Dave Attell once, but his Insomniac schedule interfered.

In the middle of his set, Ron White told a joke, took a brief break to mock a guy making too much noise, then told the same joke again. First time: laughter. Second time: silence.

Last edited by Dr. Boogie : Jun 23rd, 2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Forgot Nick Swardson
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 04:45 PM       
I saw Pablo Francisco when he was touring here. He sucked. The warmup act was from a guy named Flip Schultz and he was way better. Other than that, I've only seen some Finnish stand-up comedians.

EDIT: If I had a wish, I would go back in time to like 1990 and see Bill Hicks. I've seen Relentless and Revelations at least 10 times and they're still funny as shit.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 05:08 PM       
I keep Relentless on my ipod and listen to it on the way home every now and then. Best ever.

P.S. ~ Arizona Bay too.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 09:03 PM       
Why would anyone want to go see Dane Cook?

That was very funny. Well done.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 09:44 PM       
Dave Chappelle.
BAM BAM Williams.
Caroline Rhea.
Stella.
Michael Ian Black.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 10:54 PM       
i was at a party with ron lynch and brody stevens once
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 02:41 AM       
Quote:
I also saw Henry Rollins, 'cause he does a little standup stuff on occasion. He's as awesome as you might imagine.
I saw Henry Rollins at a "spoken word" thing a couple years back. He made a couple jokes but I didn't think he was trying to do comedy. Kind of preachy through most of it and tooting his own horn a little.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 03:30 AM       
Yeah. It's a buncha anecdotes and stuff. Reminds me a lot of Bill Hicks, though, which I guess is why I would say it's a bit of stand up.

And I would say Jello Biafra does spoken word. Rollins is hilarious. Biafra is awful. That's the biggest difference between spoken word and stand-up for me: interest or boredom.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 09:01 AM       
As much as I love stand up comedy, I have only gotten to see George Carlin live.

I wanted to see Mitch Hedberg, but that will never happen now

I also want to see Scott Aukerman, Jimmy Pardo, Bill Dwyer, and Mitch Fatel
Stuff
BatmanJohnson is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 07:47 PM       
I see Dave Chappelle Regularly. He lives near my favorite comic shop.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 28th, 2010, 12:07 AM       
I will be in Cleveland, OH on wednesday. I hope he is also there.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 29th, 2010, 12:06 AM       
I've seen a lot of comedians, but most recently was Harland Williams (and yeah, he's still my absolute favorite comedic performer to see live).
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 05:19 PM       

Hella lame in Virginia at the end of may.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2010, 11:56 AM       
Brian Posehn bumped into my elbow and apologized at a Black Sabbath show last year.
fabulous
mischief is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 06:01 PM       
My first live comedy show was David Allen Grier at the Improv in San Jose and I thought he was aces . Does Wayne Brady's show Making Shit Up count? Joan Rivers, David Spade, Todd Glass, , Ian Bagg, Rita Rudner, and umm.. tons of locals at dive bars and the Improv here.

And I don't know if this counts either but Kids in the Hall did a show at the huge comedy festival that came to Vegas and I got to go to that.

Last edited by mischief : Oct 28th, 2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: forgot!
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 10:45 AM       
Since this got bumped I can update who I saw.

Finally got to see Jimmy Pardo live. Funny as hell. And quite the gentleman who appreciates all of his fans. I shook his hand told him my nephew and I were both huge fans. He asked my name and said thank you. People before me in line to say hello to him saw him in Toledo and he remembered them.
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 01:42 PM       
The trailer park boys are touring now but I don't want to spend any amount of money for it.
Dr Tongue's 3D House
The Doctor is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2010, 06:14 AM       
Couple weeks ago I went to the Just For Laughs Tour, notables were Jeremy Hotz and Bob Kelly
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 1st, 2010, 11:53 AM       
I used to hate Jeremy Hotz with a passion, but after seeing past his terrible gimmick there's some genuinely great comedy going on.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2010, 07:51 PM       
I saw Doug Benson on Halloween, and he was too high to do stand-up.

So he sat down the whole time.