Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 09:16 AM        Toy: Why are Classic Exclusive He-Man action figures $50!?
Yesterday my friend and I happened to stop by the local Toy / Comic shop on our Sunday outing. It's a little place called Amok Time and has enough comics, toys, and statues to make any nerd giddy with glee.

So we made our rounds, walked by the statue case, checked out the new issues of comics, and then walked into the toy show room. Now on the way out after browsing the floor I stumbled upon He-Man Classic Exclusive action figures in a small case near the cash register.

Like many I'm a sucker for He-Man stuff. Especially Meka-Neck. He's my fav. So I looked into the case and saw some very well made action figures. They looked like the old figures but slightly upgraded. Body molds looked better, nice packaging, good stuff all around.

Then it happened. I saw the price.

$50!!!!!

wtf.......why? Why are these figures so much money? Is there that big of a demand for He-Man action figures in the year 2010? It's hard for me to believe that there is a huge following for an 1980's cartoon that was probably drawn by 4 people, using 3 voice actors, with a combined budget of under a 100 dollars.

any idea?

Here are some examples of what I'm talking about.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_14xzs3jcef_b