Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 04:03 PM        Zel Miller, Democrat for Bush
I respect Zel Miller's right to his opinion and his right to actively campaign for Bush. I even support his right to be a Democrat. But I think Jim Jeffords had a lot more balls becoming an independent.

Miller Blast Kerry

By JEFFREY McMURRAY, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - The Bush-Cheney campaign Wednesday unleashed its most famous Democratic booster, Georgia Sen. Zell Miller, to make the case that presidential candidate John Kerry advocates policies inconsistent with some of history's most popular Democratic presidents.

Miller, a Georgian who is the lone Democratic senator to back publicly President Bush 's re-election bid, criticized Kerry in a speech announcing his leadership of a national "Democrats for Bush" effort. He was joined by a handful of lesser-known Democrats, but the campaign said it would release a more comprehensive list in the coming weeks.

The popular former governor cited the policies of Democratic Presidents John F. Kennedy and Harry S. Truman while contending that Kerry, not Bush, is outside the mainstream on issues ranging from tax cuts to war.

"John F. Kerry has the same initials as John F. Kennedy," Miller said, "but he has a far, far different view of what the government can do to help families prosper. John Kerry's spending and tax plan would stifle our economy and stall our recovery at the worst possible time."

Miller was an original sponsor of Bush's proposed $1.6 trillion tax cut, which Congress trimmed to $1.3 trillion. He argued that it represented a smaller proportion of the American economy and benefited poor Americans even more than one enacted under Kennedy in the 1960s.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 04:18 PM       
yawn.

DINO.
BombsBurstingInAir is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 10:00 AM       
You're kidding, right?

So Max, when you go to the polls are you going to select Kerry and then go through the list, or are you simply going to select Democrat?
Mocker
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 10:10 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombsBurstingInAir
You're kidding, right?
The man is more conservative than half the Republican Party. He is out of touch with the current party alignments. I've become a supporter of big tent politics, but that is NOT what this man practices. He clings to his Democratic Party registration much the way Democrats chose to stay Democrats in the late-19th Century. I'm not saying it isn't smart on his part, but as Max already suggested, it is slightly dishonest and cowardly.

He chastizes the Dems. for being a "national party no longer," but then uses his party affiliation + contrary policy stance to make himself seem important. Blah.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 10:14 AM       
I'll have to think on this a bit. My mind is not all that clear today
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 10:15 AM       
What he said. Big tent is big tent, but if Nixon rose from the dead and registered Democrat it wouldn't be big tent, it would just be a cowardly ass lie.

Ben Knight Horse Campbell has bigger stones than Zel Miller, and he's a creepy greasy bag of crap.

If Mccain were to decide to actively campaign for Kerry (and he might yet, they're friends and he has ample reason to hate Bush) and he stayed a Republican, I'd think that was cowardly.

Zel Miller should be an independent. The only reasons he stays a democrat are tacticle and electoral. He does more damage to the democrats as one than he could as a republican. That's crap.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 10:20 AM       
Same could be said for some Republicans doing damage to their party. I don't think anyone is being a coward.

The people who vote for these career officials know what they are getting. You also can't yield much power in your party if you are a Zell Miller. I wonder how Dashcle and Zell get along?

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 10:39 AM       
Max, you think that it took balls for Jim Jeffords to become "independant"?

Examine his voting record. He was about as "Republican" as I am an atheist.

Edit: This comes from the ADA, which monitors the votes of Congress and how they match up with the platform of the Democratic Party

http://www.adaction.org/SenateVR2002.htm
http://www.adaction.org/Senate2001fullVR.pdf
http://adaction.org/senatevr2000.html
http://www.adaction.org/1999vt.html
http://adaction.org/1998SenateOregon.html

Jeffords lowest ADA voting total in the years posted above was in 2001. The number was 35%. If you examine the key issues that were used as the guidelines for the ADA ranking, you would see that Jeffords voted on the Republican side on non-important issues but he voted almost lock-step with Democrats when it pertained to their key issues.

I guess if Lincoln Chaffe became an "Independent", you would be shocked too.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 10:45 AM       
Max, you think that it took balls for Jim Jeffords to become "independant"?
-Vinth

No, Sailor Mini Moon, it was just a really long typo.

"Examine his voting record. He was about as "Republican" as I am an atheist."

That's the POINT numb nuts. That's why Zel Miller is just being a cowardly attention hound by NOT becoming an independant. Because, if you look at his voting record he's about as 'democrat' as I am a right wing extremist hosebag.

Why not try making a relevant point for once, like Bombs just did? He's totally correct that his constituents know who he is an vote for him, and in a representative democracy that's how it works. I'm not saying h should be forced to switch party affiliation. I'm saying I think it would show a little more intgerity.

Old Mar 25th, 2004, 10:55 AM       
Maybe Zell Miller believes he is stil a Democrat for the simple reason that he believes in the Democratic platforms that Kennedy perscribed to. But that is what Zell Miller said.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 11:03 AM       
Perscribed to. Perscribed to. That Kennedy 'perscribed' to.

How do you make it through each day thinking you're smart? What do people say when you say things like that? Do they just politely pretend you said the right word?

Listen. A 'perscription' is wjhat your doctor wrote you so you can treat your manic depression and hypoglycemia. People do not 'perscribe' to ideas.

Do you have any idea at all how pretentious and stupid you sound when you try to use vocabulary you have no grasp of?

"Oh, sure, way to ignorificate the substntiousness of my ideations with obfistulatory remarks on the satelites of my verbiage, Jew!"
Mocker
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 03:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombsBurstingInAir
The people who vote for these career officials know what they are getting. You also can't yield much power in your party if you are a Zell Miller. I wonder how Dashcle and Zell get along?
His power rests in his "reputation"as someone who crosses the "party lines"and votes against his party. He's a rebel, he's cRaZy. Were he a Republican he'd be just another southern conservative Republican. As a Democrat, he gets a spotlight.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 03:14 PM       
Is that the truth, or just an idea you perscribe to?
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 07:59 PM       
Max do you know who's going to replace Miller next term?

A black Conservative.

The democrats are losing power very quicklike.

....phychic Ronnie signing off.

Old Mar 25th, 2004, 08:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Perscribed to. Perscribed to. That Kennedy 'perscribed' to.

How do you make it through each day thinking you're smart? What do people say when you say things like that? Do they just politely pretend you said the right word?

Listen. A 'perscription' is wjhat your doctor wrote you so you can treat your manic depression and hypoglycemia. People do not 'perscribe' to ideas.

Do you have any idea at all how pretentious and stupid you sound when you try to use vocabulary you have no grasp of?

"Oh, sure, way to ignorificate the substntiousness of my ideations with obfistulatory remarks on the satelites of my verbiage, Jew!"
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=Prescribed

pre·scribe ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-skrb)
v. pre·scribed, pre·scrib·ing, pre·scribes
v. tr.
To set down as a rule or guide; enjoin. See Synonyms at dictate.
To order the use of (a medicine or other treatment).

v. intr.
To establish rules, laws, or directions.
To order a medicine or other treatment.
Law.
To assert a right or title to something on the grounds of prescription.
To become invalidated or unenforceable by the process of prescription.

...I'll just leave it there.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 09:18 PM       
Leave it wherever you want. It's still not the right word. And were it not for dictionary.com, you'd still be misspelling it.

teh_mastar! is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 09:19 PM       
What's a phychic?