Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 04:06 PM        Thinking of Becoming a S.E.A.L :(
My dad was a Navy Seal for 20 years and my whole life everyone and their mom has been like "omg so you're going to be one too right?" so thats probably partly why I feel an urge to do it. About once every 2 months I get approached by a recruiter of some sort and they are like "hey dude join the army/navy you will love it". Thing is I am now a junior in a good university and getting va double major in math and comp sci and I would like to at least get my degree that ive been working so hard for and not waste my parent's sizeable investment in my education.

I feel like my girlfriend is gonna wanna break up soon bc she is all sad and bored and I only have a couple friends here since most of my friends are in another state and I'll be bored.

I am conflicted inside :/.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 04:17 PM       
I've been approached too, but I'm not necessarily a big guy. I'm roughly 5'8 and 150 pounds. So I'm about average height, average weight for a seventeen year old kid. I don't look like I've got a muscular background, or like I'm even in shape. At all. You're bigger, visibly in-shape, so they probably approach BILLIONS of guys like you, if they come up to one like me.

In short, can we fuck?
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 04:24 PM       
"omg so you're going to be one too right?"

:/ one giant idiot that will drown
xXxASPERGERSxXx
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 05:04 PM       
go mow a lawn so you can get those fishsticks for your starving cunt daughters Martin Fowler
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 05:50 PM       
i'm thinking of becoming a H.O.R.S.I.E. guys
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 05:55 PM       
If everything goes right, I'll be a pilot in two years. I considered the SEAL program too, unfortunately I'm only 2 inches higher than Schimid so they're probably looking for tougher looking guys. Plus I don't want Viggo kicking my ass in the rain.

I say you should do it. I've known very few people who chose to join the military, especially something like that, and regretted it. And fuck your girlfriend, let Jo'd have her.

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 08:20 PM       
Don't they approach everyone? I mean it isn't like Abecrombie where they approach you if you meet a certain physical quota.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 08:27 PM       
Yea they even lowered the IQ requirement to 80 (barely not-retarded) for army reqruitment. Its just that it actually gets me thinking about that kind of thing, not like I'm thinking "oh man they approached me I must be soooo qualified". They are always for army or marines but If I did do it I'd have to be a Seal. The point of doing it in the first place is so that I can both test and prove myself and I've met some soldiers and marines that make me want to srill a hole in my head, but every Seal I've met is intelligent and physically elite. Thats the kind of guy I'd like to be, but at the same time I want to be wealthy and powerful and I need my education to do that because I dont have any highly original ideas, but I am very smart and good at programming.
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 08:38 PM       
why don't you just do it after you graduate?
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 10:07 PM       
If the recruiters won't stop buggin you, just act really listless when talking to them, and they'll quickly lose interest. It worked for me.

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 26th, 2006, 05:00 AM       
If you are interested in being a SEAL, it wouldn't hurt to check out Air Force Pararescue. The training these guys go through is pretty intense.

Basic job description:
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/airfo...afjob1t2x1.htm

other stuff:
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joint...pecialops2.htm
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 26th, 2006, 09:09 PM        Re: Thinking of Becoming a S.E.A.L :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBubba
My dad was a Navy Seal for 20 years and my whole life everyone and their mom has been like "omg so you're going to be one too right?" so thats probably partly why I feel an urge to do it.

I am conflicted inside :/.
Choosing a career purely on the basis that your father did it and its expected of you is hardly a wise thing to do.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 01:24 AM       
figures that jeanette would post in a thread about seals
Banned

Juttin is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 02:47 AM       
I'm looking to become a W. A. L. R. U. S. :/
Marc Summers is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 03:52 AM       
SAY THAT YOU ARE GAY
SAY THAT YOU ARE GAY
SAY THAT YOU ARE GAY
SAY THAT YOU ARE GAY
SAY THAT YOU ARE GAY
SAY THAT YOU ARE GAY
SAY THAT YOU ARE GAY
SAY THAT YOU ARE GAY
SAY THAT YOU ARE GAY
SAY THAT YOU ARE GAY

...not that you are...
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 05:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by juttin
I'm looking to become a W. A. L. R. U. S. :/
that joke was a "funny-once", mycroft
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 10:03 AM       
Aren't S.E.A.L.S the ones who are ALWAYS killed first in the movies?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 10:18 AM       
Does Finland even have a military?
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 10:47 AM       
Killing is wrong.
OH GOD
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 01:05 PM       
and bad
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 02:07 PM       
and sad
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 06:46 PM       
The navy seals are the hardest training people in the military. If you are thinking of doing this you have to remember that you have to go through navy basic then do 6 months of B.U.D.S. If you want to do it then go for it but you have to be a tough mother fucker. I trained with some of those guys this summer and did the trident challenge (entrance physical test to go to B.U.D.S) its not hard you have to swim 500m in 12 min, 12 pull ups,do 80 push ups and 72 sit ups in 4 min and run 1 1/2 in 10:30 but after that you got hell week and all that shit.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 07:22 PM       
What about Special Forces?
xXxASPERGERSxXx
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 09:16 PM       
I laughed when I read the Trident Challenge.

Again, my dad was a Seal, I know all bout the training. I started doing training with him when I was 12 and I already know how to live for 12 hours tied up in deep water. The only part of Hell Week that scares me is 4 hours of sleep. I have sleep issues.

Navy Seals are like the premiere Special Ops Fathom.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2006, 09:29 PM       
how do you live for 12 hours tied up in deep water.