Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 05:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post

I like that he grabbed a beer on his way out.
That's exactly what I was going to say too.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 08:23 AM       
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-10996451
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 08:34 AM       
Quote:
Mr Zafaryab, 27, of Kingsbury, who owns a nursery and works in a medical supplies company, said he was willing to pay the £100 fine for parking on private land, without permit, behind a parade of shops in Copeland Mews.
Sounds quite reasonable. Hats off to this gent for sticking to what he feels right in his heart.

Quote:
On Thursday evening, Mr Zafaryab's car was finally released after he paid £100. He said he planned to challenge the fine in court.
OH YOU LYING BAS.

In other news, in Straylia we have to vote for a new Prime Minister in the next day or two. Another one. I for one am sick of electing Prime Ministers, and I think this country has got jolly well enough of them as it is.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 11:05 AM       
Didnt you just get a new lady PM?
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 02:26 AM       
Exactly.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 02:36 AM       
must've had small breasts
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 02:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
must've had small breasts
I'd like it if you called them wibbly wobblies. It's more civilized.
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 05:20 AM       
So these miners in Chile right, I heard that they wont be able to rescue them for at least a couple of months. That's fucking nuts that is.

I don't care if they have food, water, magazines or ipods down there; you would go nuts and kill yourself after that long underground.

Are they in the dark? Those poor bastards. Funny how every mining accident in China ends with nobody ever surviving and getting trapped, yeah, what a coincidence.
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 05:44 AM       
Yeah that Chilean mining story is quite intriguing.
I think they managed to get electricity from a vehicle engine (which sounds a bit dangerous, what with the exhaust fumes and all, but they probably know what they're doing) so apparently they have at least limited access to light.

I think this will be a very good chance to study human behaviour under extreme circumstances. Will they start chewing on each other? Will they hallucinate? Will they all turn gay?
To be continued.
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 06:36 AM       
I once got locked in a change room for a good ten minutes, and I was clawing at the walls I tell you what. A friend locked me in there, and when I got out I chased him with the intent to kill him.

The human mind changes under pressure. Often for worse. It will be interesting to see how these Chilean miners react to the situation that they are faced with.

The news tells me that nobody wants to break it to them that they may be trapped down there for a little while. So they're just dancing around the issue with standard South American government aplomb
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 12:29 PM       
Mexicans are a resilient species of bugs.
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 11:46 AM       
http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15749633/21613793

Short video of the trapped miners.
Forum Virgin
spookware is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 07:42 PM       
We had a couple of loons stuck down a mine for about a month. It was hell boring to watch from the top, poor suckers. When one of them requested an Ipod with Foo fighters, good old Dav Grohl then named a song after them........
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 09:54 PM       
So they've got to wait 4 months for a rescue? Pardon the indiscretion, but where will they put all their "shit"?
You may already be there.
Lethal fresco
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 06:23 AM       
I think they have plenty of tunnel space to shit in, but only one habitable room.

Apparently a couple of them have already gone depressed. Doesn't bode well.

Would be really scary if this developed into some sort of lord of the flies scenario, where they'd all start killing each other while the rest of world could only watch, but not really intervene.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 07:05 AM       
Man, though, after 4 months that room will be mighty fragrant.
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 10:27 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookware View Post
We had a couple of loons stuck down a mine for about a month. It was hell boring to watch from the top, poor suckers. When one of them requested an Ipod with Foo fighters, good old Dav Grohl then named a song after them........
That was in Tasmania. Not as long stuck down there, but they only had a tiny space to live/shit in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastin Children
Would be really scary if this developed into some sort of lord of the flies scenario, where they'd all start killing each other while the rest of world could only watch, but not really intervene.
Scary, sure, but that would also make a GREAT movie.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 02:31 PM       
His name should be changed to blastin children.
Lethal fresco
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 05:38 AM       
I think if nothing interesting happens in a couple of days, they should start spiking their food with hallucinogens.
And then instead of food they'll just send down lots of knives.

PS
Sure you can call me blastin children if that may tickle your fancy
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 05:37 AM       

In all seriousness, I'd be very surprised if they all made it out alive
SKATASTIC
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 10:42 AM       
They should use that ship from the Core and send Hillary Swank down into the mine with them.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 10:53 AM       
I know this is a serious topic, but still ...
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 03:47 PM       
http://www.weather.com/newscenter/na...ast/index.html

Hurricane Earl is expected to start impacting the east coast tonight (9/2/10) hitting North Carolina, then Virginia. Long Island, New York possibly by tomorrow (9/3/10). Earl was just categorized as a category 5 which is going to cause some major damage. Maybe as bad as hurricane Isabel.

Gaston is only listed as a tropical depression now but its going to clean up anything Earl missed.
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 04:14 PM       
And I remain unaffected.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 05:09 PM       
As a tax-paying Oklahoma, I have to ask myself, "How does this affect me?"