Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 10:52 AM       
Any beggar who's anybody goes to New York. Everybody knows THAT!

Wherever you go, there you are.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 12:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole
"They deserve better than beggars because they have demonstrated possibly productive skills. " -are you out of your fucking mind? Do you have any idea what that sounds like? So midlle class corporate crime is ok because these people have a suit on and an education?
Crime is not okay. I said they should be punished, very harshly if it fits their crimes. But if the criminals can be reformed they can become normal people.

I did not say that a CEO, stripped of credentials and money and dropped in a ghetto could work his way back up again; I would assume that he would retain his degree(s), if any, and a few business contacts, and I said he would be able to support himself eventually instead of being homeless, not that he would become a CEO again.

Now let's talk about me, since this thread quickly degenerated into personal attacks. I think it's funny how Vinth calls me an incomptetent loser in one thread and now says I'll be worth something to society. I don't really care.

I am a musician, and if I seek a career performing or recording, it will be difficult regardless of the state of the economy. I fully expect to spend at least one summer if not several months or years touring and living in a van, but I will not be begging and I will have a place to come home to. I also realize that if I follow another kind of work (I'm training to be a studio engineer, and am already employed as such at my college) it will be difficult to find a good job and the security of that job may be up in the air. However, while I may not have rich parents, I do have enough siblings and cousins scattered around that if I do go broke I will always have a place to stay and an address while I get back on my own feet. Failing that, I am not above military service, and the Army is always looking for healthy young men. I repeat: I will never be homeless..

I am arrogant. I do see myself, as you quite accurately put it, as a "predator amongst sheep." I am also realistic. I know what can happen; I see the obstacles, and I am confident that when they come up I will be able to deal with them. Don't think of me as some idealistic yuppie kid with his head in the clouds walking toward a cliff.
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 12:39 PM       
Quote:
All I have seen you do is attack them fiercely because their views deferred from yours. I easily ignore your attacks because to me you are nothing but a faceless elitist windbag who amounts to a zit on my ass when it comes to annoyance levels.
Hello kettle, this is pot.

Quote:
Why is that, Max? Is it because they are looking towards the stars and the only thing you can do is look to the ceiling of your oh-so-prestigious “museum”?
Funny, I thought conservatives were supposed to be pragmatists, not "star-lookers."

Quote:
Don’t project your fucking failure of an existence on people who are trying to better themselves and thus the world.
Because anyone who isn't a Republican millionaire is an outright failure, correct?

Quote:
You are worthless to society.
What, praytell, constitues worthiness to society, Vinth? It sounds like, in your estimation, the only ones worth anything are coporate execs. I always thought that anyone who works any sort of job is worth something to society.

Quote:
Pern and OAO are going to be worth something to society.
Because they have conservative viewpoints, correct?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:14 PM       
Hey, Pernsy, did you ever think Vinth would be describing you as 'reaching for the stars'? Do you think he recalls any of the other stuff he's said about you or do you guess he can't recall much of anything past a few posts?

Anyway, it was a very impressive hissy fit and I'm glad he's decided to admire you in spite of your Satanism.

Hey waitaminutehere... You don't suppose Vinthy gives a wee tin shit about you or Once and Again, do you? You don't suppose his impassioned deffense of you had more to do with his own injured sense?

Oh, well. Keep reaching for the stars, fellas, that's what I say.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 04:01 PM       
Thanks for ruining this thread.
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 04:22 PM       
har har.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 12:52 AM       
I think he was jealous that you weren't picking on him.

EDIT: Oh, and if anyone calls me a conservative again I will never forgive them. I won't stand to be dropped in the same bin as the Republicans.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 01:09 AM       
It was my thread to ruin
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 02:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perndog
Oh, and if anyone calls me a conservative again I will never forgive them. I won't stand to be dropped in the same bin as the Republicans.
Never considered you one, although Vinth seems to have made you an honorary right-winger for the purpose of bashing Max.
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 09:29 AM       
Yeah, he was kind of desperately trolling around for any excuse at all to fight back since I've been dressing him in a pink layette and pushing him around I-mockery and his own sadly abandoned site in a "Hello Kitty" baby carriage.

It was sad spaz-out, but funny.

Old Sep 24th, 2003, 10:13 AM       
Ever get the feeling max that I have just been ignoring you?

But, continue to believe that you are "crushing my spirit" all you what. Whatever gets you through the day...
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 10:22 AM       
Okay.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 10:59 AM       
Forceable coercion is COOL when it goes to thing Max thinks are nessecary!!

Lets all give our money to the gov. because we all know they know how to distribute it the right way!!

God forbid any of us challenge the idea that the Federal government can threaten us with imprisonment if we don't surrender money we worked for!! And then that the government can give said money to people we don't even know about!!

I'm glad you care about the homeless Max. I'd like to think that most people do as well. However no one, including you, can ever justify a Federal welfare system. Or at the very least the current one.

For the record though, the article in this thread is sleezy and shamelssly attempts to sway me by filling my head with fantasies of attractive teen girl hobos makin babies wit me.

Old Sep 24th, 2003, 11:19 AM       
Wow, CaptainBubba said something that made me laugh!

Will wonders never cease?!?
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 11:26 AM       
"And then that the government can give said money to people we don't even know about!! "
-See, now, that's how I feel when 'said government' uses lots more of my money to kill people I don't even know about. I feel worse about that then when they use it to feed and shelter people I don't know about, even if those people don't deserve it, and when we kill people who don't deserve it or otherwise collaterally damage them, then I feel real bad about it. But I still recognize my responsability as a citizen to pay my taxes. Infrastructure, political salaries, largest war machine in the world, mini nuke research and social programs all come out of taxes. Tax laws our written by the representatives we elect in our representative democracy. So, yeah, I guess as long as there's due process and innocence until guilt is proven in a court of law, I pretty much support the governments right to jail folks who don't py their taxes. nd I'd be willing to bet that more of my tax bill goes to things I'm totally opposed to than yours does.

And all you have to do to get Vinth to like something you did is disagree with me. But don't let tht make you feel bad, or like you need to shower right away. Vinth's approval is a force of nature, and not anyones fault. Like a Hurricane, or a backed up leeching field.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 12:23 PM       
I'll pay my taxes too. I recognize that its my unwanted responsibility. However Its my opinion that alot of them shouldn't be.

Just because I have to do it doesn't mean I'm all for it, much like you (and for the record myself as well) concerning the war effort. I never said I wouldn't pay them.Theres just alot of them I just don't think I should have to.

I'm a follower of the belief that all government should require is enough to gaurantee protection to one citizen from another. It will never be this way but I figure its the job of at least a minority of citizens to strive towards this goal.

And I think Vince was reffering to my later comment on makin babies with hobo teen girls. Thankfully it had no correlation to actual principles, other than the universal notion that attractive teen girls need to make babies with me.