Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 11:19 PM        Still fighting the smoking ban.
Still holding out here in Brew Town. Long live the Bar Association!

BTW

"Cayenne peppers, carrots and strawberries each contain six suspected carcinogens; onions, grapefruit and tomato each contain five -- some the same as the seven suspected carcinogens found in tobacco."

"Smoking 3,000 packages of cigarettes would supply the same amount of arsenic as a nutritious 200 gram serving of sole"
Escape will make me god.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 11:41 PM       
As a smoker, I can safely say that the world did not end in California.
Nexus 7 Prototype
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 11:51 PM       
I'm just waiting to see who will be the last free smoker state. I think it's gonna be between WI, MI, and TX. But since they are lucky enough to have legal concealed carry and we don't, We should get to keep smoking for fairness sake.

Actually I don't care if MI is the last standing since I might move there and become a Yuper anyways.

And from a capitalistic standpoint, if there were really that many people that pissed off about smoke in bars wouldn't bars that don't allow smoking be springing up all over the place because of economic superiority? There are only 2 bars I know of in the Milwaukee area that don't allow smoking. that's 2/713. There are more than 713, probably over 1000, but that's all I can officially tally from the yellow pages.
Escape will make me god.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2009, 03:01 AM       
Is it true that Fond du Lac means "lake of cheese"?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 30th, 2009, 03:21 AM       
In Cali it was based on the health of the employees, not the customers. There are bars here that you can smoke in, they just can't have employees. It has to be family run or some shit.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2009, 09:31 AM       
Things like this make me glad that the only restrictions on smoking here are that you can't do it within 25 feet of a public doorway. It does suck that there's no longer a smoking section in restaurants, but then again, food DOES taste better without, and a smoke is just a quick step outside away.

And thank god I signed up for cigarette coupons, I now can get a pack of cigarettes cheaper than a gallon of gas.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 30th, 2009, 02:55 PM       
It appears that the bars in Florida are still holding strong.

My home state of Minnesota has nixed smoking everywhere and is going to ban smoking with children in your car real soon.
Nexus 7 Prototype
Old Jan 30th, 2009, 03:58 PM       
It starts with smoking ban. Next is the Deep Fryer ban, you know it's coming. They've already damn near outlawed trans-fat. I'm just afraid it will eventually end with the banning of my testicles.
Escape will make me god.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 31st, 2009, 10:25 AM       
Hahah. I love the smoking ban. It makes me laugh. Anywhere public that is over 50% enclosed is smoke free. This includes bus shelters. Because going out the shelter REALLY makes a difference.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2009, 04:13 PM       
Most bars in my area have adapted. I'm a non smoker but I always get dragged outside anyway.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jan 31st, 2009, 06:40 PM       
The smoking ban in Manitoba was the greatest thing ever.
Nexus 7 Prototype
Old Jan 31st, 2009, 10:35 PM       
Bars without smoking tend to smell like bleach and sweat in my area.
Escape will make me god.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2009, 09:08 AM       
I guess the worst thing about the smoking ban here (aside from having to go outside to smoke) is that it feels a lot less safe walking the streets at night with crowds of drunks congregating outside every pub/bar. It's also created a big noise issue for people living near pubs because drunk people aren't known for their quietness or consideration for others.
Bod is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 08:59 AM       
^^agreed^^

But what's also annoying is if you're a non smoker, one minute you're surrounded by friends, then they all go out together and I often find myself stuck alone for 10/15 minutes.
Went out Friday and got the DJ to do a request song for some woman's birthday, only by the time it came on, she'd buggered off for a smoke.