Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 04:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
Just shut the fuck up femnazi
you can say whatever the fuck you want im not gonna roll over and say that everything in my religon is wrong and that im wrong for being a part of it. I've repeated over and over again i dont support what is happening to these women, but your blaming islam as a general for what a few people are doing. the koran like all holy books is being twisted around to make peoples points. I interpert things different then you and the same for you. the Bible is interperted differently by different poeple. Calling me a femnazi is just your way of wasting peoples times and vain attempt to be funny

edit: hollycaust, if you dont know alotta people all over the world hate america. i know christians and muslims in pakistan that think america is a disease on the world and we argue for hours about it, but what they see from the outside in is different from what we see from the inside out. its the culture not the religon.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 05:23 PM       
Scru - Um. They were calling ME a feminazi for defending women.

Look, nobody wants you to say you're wrong for practicing the Muslim religion. At least I hope not. Practice any religion you want.

You want to know my problem with the Islamic religion? It tolerates the horrible things people do in it's name, and shrugs it off claiming only a few people are to blame. It minimizes a situation so prevelant it doesn't even need to be blown out of proportion. You have entire nations forcing Shari'a law on people, but you want to pretend it's just a few rotten apples. Nobody wants to take responsibility. You'd much rather say your religion is being attacked unfairly for actions that aren't representative as a whole, then be concerned that huge numbers of muslims hold what we commonly view as "extremist" beliefs.

Christians in Pakistan might share their anti-American views with Muslims, but they're not the ones actually making good on their words.

Dr. Boogie "The bottom line for me is that it isn't right to single out a religion as being wrong or evil because of how some of its followers choose to interpret its dogma."

Isn't it wrong to lump the individual problems religions have into one? Or wrong to admonish a religion of it's problems because you want to appear compassionate? Only "some" of it's followers? Whatever this "some" total of followers is, they're enough of a number to be a real problem for a continent of people. I don't mean being a Muslim makes them a problem, I mean being a Muslim who believes women, gays, jews, christians, etc. should be treated as second class. This is the current climate in ALL Islamic countries. So that "some" is a lot. Turning your head and looking the other way isn't right. Singling out a religion is the unfortunate reality of this situation.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 09:32 PM       
Quote:
Um. They were calling ME a feminazi for defending women
thats just as bad if not worse. the argument you made is one that needs to be made, and im glad that you expressed your views. eventhough it also clashes with what i was trying to say. the only thing that irritates me is how many people actually believe that islam IS evil and that muslims believe in a completely different god then they do. I really wish i could do more to stop these horrible things that are happening to women. and i wish people wouldn't do such horrible acts of terrorism in the name of islam. Im not gonna say that the laws of the country don't have faults and that they are right, but they're the laws of those countries and theres little you and i can do to change them. the only way we could change those laws is if we had an army of hafizas willing to change the way that they teach islam in those countries.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 10:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
Isn't it wrong to lump the individual problems religions have into one? Or wrong to admonish a religion of it's problems because you want to appear compassionate? Only "some" of it's followers? Whatever this "some" total of followers is, they're enough of a number to be a real problem for a continent of people. I don't mean being a Muslim makes them a problem, I mean being a Muslim who believes women, gays, jews, christians, etc. should be treated as second class. This is the current climate in ALL Islamic countries. So that "some" is a lot. Turning your head and looking the other way isn't right. Singling out a religion is the unfortunate reality of this situation.
Alright, it seems I've been a little unclear. I'm not playing the role of the guy who wants everybody in the whole world to join hands and live in harmony. In that statement, I meant to say that it seemed as though a bunch (to use a different abstract concept than "some") of the people in the thread were going after Scru as though he had to answer for every Muslim nation that mistreats women, sends terrorists out into the world, etc. simply because he himself is a Muslim. I'm not defending said nations.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 10:38 PM