Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 12:23 PM        Next Gen Shadowrun Preview
They just put up a Shadowrun preview over at IGN. It's definately looking better.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/732/732935p1.html

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 01:23 PM       
I think it looks like a blast to play, but it seems like it might get old fast.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 11:37 AM       
If you don't have a real substancial opinion, don't say anything.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 09:26 PM       
I'm serious. The gameplay seems very focused on predetermined strategies. Granted, only two game modes exist as of now, but if every race and ability is so specialized, and if gameplay rests on them being used in a specific pattern every game, wouldn't it get a bit redundant? Sort of like Command and Conquer. (Granted, I'm the only person in the world who wasn't really phased by C & C, but you get what I'm trying to say here.)
MY DAD
MrAdventure is probably a real personMrAdventure is probably a real person
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 08:01 AM       
despite the fact that shadowrun is inherently stark raving gay beard fodder (i guess it makes sense, that a world is considered post-apocalyptic now that it is full of elves like some fucking an*me fantasy), i still got into it in that whole "mad max is awesome all of it dudes" phase of my puberty, so seeing this game makes me kinda mad in a sad way

how about they rename it idk publicwalk the game and we'll call it square for the IP
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 04:34 PM       
This game is looking sick.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 08:58 PM       
Read the Gamefaqs boards concerning this game, Funny as hell. Fanboys, idiots, and people who post without reading abound

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 09:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAdventure
despite the fact that shadowrun is inherently stark raving gay beard fodder (i guess it makes sense, that a world is considered post-apocalyptic now that it is full of elves like some fucking an*me fantasy), i still got into it in that whole "mad max is awesome all of it dudes" phase of my puberty, so seeing this game makes me kinda mad in a sad way

how about they rename it idk publicwalk the game and we'll call it square for the IP
i hear what you're sayin mr a i always liked the technology and postapocalypse aspects of shadorwun way better than the elves and magic sh*t
MY DAD
MrAdventure is probably a real personMrAdventure is probably a real person
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 10:26 PM       
oh man yeah, the inclusion of several races in shadowrun (along with a magical "resurgence") always felt like a sort of cop out to try and lure d&d players into it

man they really need to change the name of this game, i can't see it doing much good for it at all. people who are unfamiliar with the IP don't care what it's named, while people who have played anything shadowrun before will most likely snub the game altogether, rather than giving it a shot based on its own merits
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 12:01 AM       
This looks fucking terrible by any standards.
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 10:32 PM       
Oh dear god, what have they done to my cyborg zombies.