Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 05:18 PM        MOST HORRIBLE REPUBLICAN AWARD: ANNE COULTER
"Max Cleland should stop allowing Democrats to portray him as a war hero who lost his limbs taking enemy fire on the battlefields of Vietnam.

Cleland lost three limbs in an accident during a routine noncombat mission where he was about to drink beer with friends. He saw a grenade on the ground and picked it up. He could have done that at Fort Dix. In fact, Cleland could have dropped a grenade on his foot as a National Guardsman –- or what Cleland sneeringly calls "weekend warriors." Luckily for Cleland's political career and current pomposity about Bush, he happened to do it while in Vietnam."
-Anne Coulter

First of all, Cleland was already a war hero before he lost his limbs. This is from the text written when he was awarded the Silver Star (an award given by the President of the unitd states, who at the timer would have been arch liberal Richard Nixon) for his actions earlier that same week at the beginning of the Seige of Khe Sahn.

"Captain Cleland distinguished himself by exceptionally valorous action on 4 April 1968, while serving as communications officer of the 2nd Battalion, 12th Calvary during an enemy attack near Khe Sanh, Republic of Vietnam.

"When the battalion command post came under a heavy enemy rocket and mortar attack, Capt. Cleland, disregarding his own safety, exposed himself to the rocket barrage as he left his covered position to administer first aid to his wounded comrades. He then assisted in moving the injured personnel to covered positions. Continuing to expose himself, Capt. Cleland organized his men into a work party to repair the battalion communications equipment, which had been damaged by enemy fire. His gallant action is in keeping with the highest traditions of the military service, and reflects great credit upon himself, his unit, and the United States Army."

The maiming Coulter mocks took place on the last day of the Seige of Khe Sahn. Here's an account of it. While W can't provide people who recall serving with him in Alabama, this account is written by Clelnds commanding officer.

"The 2nd of the 12th Cavalry was engaged in a combat operation at the time of this incident. Max Cleland was with the Battalion Forward Command Post in heavy combat involving the attack of the 1st Cavalry Division up the valley to relieve the Marines who were besieged and surrounded at the Khe Shan Firebase. The whole surrounding area was an active combat zone. Max, the Battalion Signal Officer, was engaged in a combat mission I personally ordered to increase the effectiveness of communications between the battalion combat forward and rear support elements: e.g. Erect a radio relay antenna on a mountain top. By the way, at one point the battalion rear elements came under enemy artillery fire so everyone was in harms way.

As they were getting off the helicopter, Max saw the grenade on the ground and he instinctively went for it. Soldiers in combat don't leave grenades lying around on the ground. Later, in the hospital, he said he thought it was his own but I doubt the concept of "ownership" went through his mind in the split seconds involved in reaching for the grenade. Nearly two decades later another soldier came forward and admitted it was actually his grenade. Does ownership of the grenade really matter? It does not.

Maury Cralle'
Battalion Executive Officer
2d/12th Cavalry Battalion
1st Air Cavalry Division
During the assault on Khe Shan

Can anyone defend barbarity on this level? Shouldn't Republicans of any decency feel actively ashamed to be associated or supported by her? How is it even possible to be as awful as this?

Is Anne Coulter
A.) Insane
B.) Actively, purposefully evil
C.) A Sociopath
D.) A careerist for whom no standards matter in any way shape or form
E.) All of the above.

If anyone as horrid as she was agreed with me about anything at all, I would seriously examine that belief. Can anyone think of a pundit on the left with whom she is comparable and give an example of anything they've said that approaches this wretched?
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 05:38 PM       
I am not surprised at the idiotic vitiriol that leaks from Coulter's mouth. She's kind of like Dubya's annoying lap dog, the kind whose breed name ends in 'itzu' and who yaps at anyone who approaches its owner. What surprises me, though, is that there are people who buy her hateful bullshit and agree with her lunatic ravings.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 05:44 PM       
I don't think any leftie pundit would be as violent as she is.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 05:54 PM       
She does it for attention. Simple as that. She may or may not believe the drivel that spews forth from her mouth, but what she DOES know is that there are "certain people" *cough-VINCE-cough* that lap all of that evil projectile vomit right up thinking it is their life source.

What I don't get is that "certain people" *cough-VINCE-cough* think she is one hott mama.
Pee Wee Herman is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 05:57 PM       
I've read a few of Anne Coulter's articles in the National Post, Canada's extremely biased right wing national daily newspaper, and she is so fucking right wing that it blows my mind. Reading any of her articles makes me feel so... disagreeable. All of her articles are basically just sucking the Republican party's cock. I think that a lot of the things she says are just so wrong. Not "fictional" wrong but "disturbing" wrong. Sometimes I Seriously think that she is writing these stupid articles for the sole purpose of pissing off non-conservatives. Either that, or it's all very clever satire.

She wrote an article about the Democratic party leadership race. http://www.anncoulter.org/columns/2004/012104e.htm
Quote:
I went to a public school, but if I remember my high school geography correctly, New Hampshire and Vermont are the same state.
No, New Hampshire and Vermont are not the same state. They're right next to each other, but they're not the same state.

"Boy, me and my family sure are quoyed a lot in people's signatures"
-Max Burbank
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 06:45 PM       
See, I just think she's way beyond the pale and far out in front of other far right wing pundits. I don't see why she doesn't get WAY more negative press, she reminds me of Louis Farakhan at his worst.

I know a lot of people think she's a nutball, but she's so repulsive I'm really surprised she isn't one of those people that Republicans are constantly called upon to actually divorce themselves from.

I mean, Rush says a lot of stuff that makes me say "What a wind bag, what a load of crap", but rarely do I find myself saying "Oh my GOD, this person is sub HUMAN, how can anyone tolerate her? " I mean, she really makes me feel sick to my stomach in ways no other pundit has, though I admit I don't know anything about Savage. Really, she's just bottomless well of awfulness.
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 06:50 PM       
I know exactly how you feel, Max. Just thinking about her makes me all pissed off. Not extremely pissed off, but an unpleasant kind of pissed off.

-Max Burbank
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 06:58 PM       
Yeah, I disagree with lots of folks, lots of folks make me mad, but I read her and I feel like I need a really scalding hot shower.
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 07:08 PM       
Do you think she is going over the top with her conservative bullshit for the attention?

I think she is. It's actually quite a clever publicity stunt. Most publicity (even most negative publicity) is good publicity in terms of increasing your profile. Basically, the more people she pisses off, the more people complain about it. The more people that complain about it, they more people hear about it and start reading her article.

She's a freaking genius when it comes to publicity stunt type stuff. However, I still hate her guts and her political viewpoints. I hope she chokes on the Republican party's metaphorical cock when she waxes eloquently about how the evil and horrible democracts suck the blood of widows and orphans.

-Max Burbank
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 07:36 PM       
I choose letter F: just really stupid. I reserve "insane" for interesting people, "evil" for effectual people, and "sociopathic" for myself.
Level 29 ♂
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 07:51 PM       
How about "paranoid bitch?"
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 08:11 PM       
www.anticoulter.com
Max, you don't know the half of it.
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 09:16 PM       
She's definitely latched on to the idea that there's no such thing as bad publicity, and, considering she's a bestselling author, her maniacal ravings are clearly working for her.

That being said, I have to wonder if the right-wing really values her. To me, she seems like an embarassment to intelligent conservatives everywhere.
Level 29 ♂
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 09:21 PM       
The other day I saw a list of the top 10 most checked out books at my local library, and Treason had been in the number 1 spot for weeks.
aka Don Henley
Bobo Adobo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 09:27 PM       
She really has a lot of "Hitler-Like" traits. She somehow has so many supporters, while her political views seem rediculous.

I gaurantee if she were ever elected president she would create a secret government agency meant solely to kill liberals. She would probably start WW3, and then the world would end.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 09:28 PM       
Maybe before you go and slam Coulter, you will read her books. They are very well written and more accurate with the facts then 99% of the leftists crap that is out today.

And max, aside from being ugly and pathetic*, you are also a moron. There have been many reports of people who recall serving with Bush in the National Gard.

Stupid hebe, myths are for kids!
aka Don Henley
Bobo Adobo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 09:36 PM       
Hail Coulter! Zieg Hail, Zieg Hail!
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 09:38 PM       
i choose B and D. if her and o'riley ever had a kid, it would be the anti-christ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 09:49 PM       
Ann Coulter is nuttier than a Christmas fruitcake, and not to be taken any more seriously than the daily horoscope.

Ditto for people who say things like "They are very well written and more accurate with the facts then 99% of the leftists crap that is out today." Especially if they're fat bastards who suck down Haagen-Daaz like a shop vac going through sawdust.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
The other day I saw a list of the top 10 most checked out books at my local library, and Treason had been in the number 1 spot for weeks.
Take heart, Emu. Odds are that those people are the intelligent ones, who want to fully comprehend how insane Coulter is, without actually giving her any of their money.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 09:51 PM       
Actually, I think that some horoscopes have more credibility.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 10:09 PM       
The retarded guy that shits in the urinal at the gym has more credibility...
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 10:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb

*Just some proof for my ugly and pathetic claim.
Let's see how handsome you are, Vince "I'm too chickenshit to post a picture" Zeb.

Quote:
Maybe before you go and slam Coulter, you will read her books. They are very well written and more accurate with the facts then 99% of the leftists crap that is out today.
After reading Ann Cuntler's columns, I've got a pretty good idea as to the type of drivel that her books would probably contain.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 11:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
Which ones have you read? What well documented points stick out in your mind?
Level 29 ♂
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 11:57 PM       
Does anybody care what Vince thinks?
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 01:20 AM       
Thinks?