Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Robodie III is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 02:46 AM        ISP for console games?
I've never played console games online, and I'm ready to get rid of my dial-up connection, so I have to ask if there is a recommended internet service? Time Warner Road Runner? Yahoo SBC DSL? What should I stay away from? It would be for Playstation 2 and Wii games. Is 1.5 mbps fast enough?

And what would I need to play DS online? Don't I need to buy extra hardware and go to McDonalds for that?
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 03:31 AM       
I have SBC, but it kind of sucks! I haven't played console games with it but for shit like MAME and that, it works well enough. As for the DS, you need either a wireless router or a wifi adapter.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sr=8-1&seller=

They ain't cheap and are hard to find. I got one on ebay for 18 bucks, it supposedly works for the Wii too but apparently not perfect. Yet, DS wise, it has worked for me just fine. The only problem is that your computer must be on for it to connect. So maybe a wireless router would be better for you. I never had any luck with wireless routers as they ended up being a piece of shit, so whatever works for you.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 03:44 PM       
Check my thread in the stuff about the internet board to find a free router offer, and I do mean free.