Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 10:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Did the Phillys fans really start booing Selig as soon as he got the mic? Freaking epic!
Of course! It's Philadelphia, what did you expect?

It wasn't a real boo - you wouldn't have had to ask - but it was more of a good natured "Yeah, thanks for the trophy and all, but we can't cheer for the guy that made us play the top half of the 6th in a monsoon."

But, wow, I've never heard such a cheer for a Phillies manager (Charlie Manuel) in my life. Danny Ozark managed some of the best teams of the late seventies, and he was ALWAYS roundly catcalled by the Phaithphul.

And, Yes, PG, I was wound tighter than the proverbial drum. Especialy since the Rays tied it again in the top of the 7th with Baldelli's homer. And Lidge had a history of making easy saves into relatively adventurous affairs. But he really lived up to the "lights out" moniker.

I have to hand it to Tampa, though. They're not just a good, but a great young team, and they will be a force for years to come. Now, they've got the experience - they just have to wait 'til next year.

You may already be there.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 01:20 AM       
Congrats, Philly fans. Now can you stop bitching about your championship drought?
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 02:55 AM       
So no one's going to mention the piss poor job the umpire's did? Seriously, though, congrats to the Phillies.