Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 05:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tenenbaum
Spielberg over-rated? Ha, he still made JAWS, Close Encounters, and Schindler's List.
He's just way past his prime that's all... he some made amazing films (Jaws being my favorite), but now I think he should just retire and enjoy his hooleymoooleybajillion dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
I'll still see it, just for the visual entertainment of it all, but I'm not looking forward to it in ANY way.
Yep, same here man. I really can't believe how many huge movies are coming out this year. I really can't think of another year in which so many big films were coming out. It's really awesome.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 05:53 PM       
Why watch Star Wars when a new Lars Von Trier film is coming out?
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 06:31 PM       
me and my friends always talk about this:

it would be cool if tarintino re-did the original trilogy, rated r and shit, man. boba fett would like, just bust in and start shooting shit. it'd be awsome, dude.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 06:50 PM       
That's very interesting.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 07:41 PM       
Episode II was better than Episode I, but that's like saying I like it a lot more when I'm not biting the curb when someone violently kicks me in the back of the head that when I am biting the curb.

I used to really like Star Wars. Now it just makes me sick.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 08:38 PM       
"it would be cool if tarintino re-did the original trilogy, rated r and shit, man. boba fett would like, just bust in and start shooting shit. it'd be awsome, dude.'

That'd probably be the lamest thing in the history movies. No one, not even Tarantino, should remake Star Wars.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 08:47 PM       
The original trilogy kicks total ass and anyone who hasn't seen it has no right to comment on anything star wars.

The yoda lightsabre battle was the dumbest thing I'd seen in years. He always seemed like he was so powerful with "the force" that he never needed to be jumping around and shit. I hated it.

That was very funny. Well done.

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 08:53 PM       
Star Wars sucks.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 12:38 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzt
Star Wars sucks.
You suck.

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 12:44 AM       
I apologize if I don't like your bland cultural phenomenon.
The Wolf
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 01:34 AM       
Apology NOT accepted

Only a Canadian couldn't appreciate star wars. Fucking Canadians...

FS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 08:39 AM       
I worry about what "cool shit" Lucas will throw in Episode III to make it more 'memorable'. I wish I had someone to go and MST the movie with me, but everyone I know either hates Star Wars or loves the new Episodes.

If there's a triple-edged lightsaber, baby Luke vs. Sith lord Force battle, or one mention of "m'lady", "negotiations" or "my young Padawan" in this movie, I will burn the theatre.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 10:50 AM       
Chewie ripping Jar Jar's arms off would still make up for all of that.

IMO, Episode II was better than Episode I, but I found that Lucas's reliance on computer graphics really took away from everything. It looked way too fake. You'd think that they'd do a better job when Lucas and his company are responsible for inventing half of the techniques that are used today.

Yoda should have just been augmented with CG, rather than completely replaced. Not having a puppet or Warwick Davies in a costume just destroyed him completely. The CG facial expressions didn't even match what the puppet could do.

The scene that stands out the most in my mind was where Anakin uses the force to raise that piece of fruit for Padme. You can soooo completely tell that they took the post-bite frame and just used the eraser tool, and it doesn't even line up with her mouth properly.

Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.