Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2008, 10:51 PM       
Oh so that was YOUR bracket's shrapnel that made my bracket fall over!

That sounds better than, 'my picks are not what I had hoped'
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 09:44 PM       
Here's the AP Top 25 Poll:

1. Georgia
2. Ohio State
3. So. Cal.
4. Oklahoma
5. Florida
6. Missouri
7. LSU
8. West Virginia
9. Clemson
10. Auburn
11. Texas
12. Texas Tech
13. Wisconsin
14. Kansas
15. Arizona State
16. BYU
17. Va. Tech
18. Tennessee
19. South Florida
20. Illinois
21. Oregon
22. Penn State
23. Wake Forest
24. Alabama
25. Pittsburgh

I agree with most of it besides Texas Tech at #12 and Penn State at #22. Actually, I would probably rank ASU a little higher and drop Kansas into the 20-25 range, but other than that it's a pretty good list.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 01:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Look Ma, no Wolverines!
And rightly so.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 10:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
And rightly so.
You ain't kidding there. I wonder what I would have said if someone had told me back when Rich Rodriguez was hired that it would hurt MU because he would lose his mind and start trying to make all the wrong changes. I would have probaly not believed that at the time, but look at what has happened since.

I think this will be a very inteeresting college football season.
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 10:35 PM       
I think Michigan will struggle this year not because of DickRod himself but because of the switch to the spread offense. Michigan has a lot of talent, but the QB's they have now aren't necessarily what you look for in a spread QB, ie a mobile runner who can make plays just as much out the pocket as in. It's a transition season for Michigan but give DickRod a few seasons and Michigan will be contending for a National Championship.
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 18th, 2008, 05:51 PM       
If he beats Ohio State, the alumni won't give two shits for whatever he does.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 04:49 AM       
As things stand now, I don't think he can beat OSU. His negative publicity will cause him additional problems as well. It will be at least a year before people will start to forget the bad press and the students quitting on him.
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 03:01 AM       
The college football season officially started tonight as several teams faced off on their respective gridirons. Personally, I enjoyed watching South Carolina put the whoopin' on NC State, Stanford give it to Oregon State, and Troy hold off Middle Tennessee State. Big time college football is fun to watch but I love to watch the lower tier conferences like the Sun Belt. Honestly, I enjoyed the Troy/MTSU game more than the others.

Zeus bless college foosball!
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 03:08 PM       
Can someone explain to me why Beanie Wells was still in the game against YSU while up 33-0, and getting carted off with a leg injury?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 06:46 PM       
Quote:
Can someone explain to me why Beanie Wells was still in the game against YSU while up 33-0, and getting carted off with a leg injury?
Tressel was obviously trying to run up the score.

I hope Wells is OK, but man, leaving your star tailback in the game at that juncture was a boneheaded move by the coach.
You may already be there.
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 11:37 PM       
Sweater Vest was trying to give him some Heisman cred and it almost backfired. Maybe the sweater was too tight?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 01:26 AM       
I kind of wondered why Wells was in there myself. The back up RB would have been just as effective in that situation. However I did read an article this morning that Wells was still upset about how he preformed in the YSU game last year. Maybe Wells wanted to make up for it. Maybe the decision to keep Wells in at that point wasn't all Tressel.

On a side note, he was taken out via the assist and not carted out on a cart. That is always a good sign.
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 02:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I kind of wondered why Wells was in there myself. The back up RB would have been just as effective in that situation. However I did read an article this morning that Wells was still upset about how he preformed in the YSU game last year. Maybe Wells wanted to make up for it. Maybe the decision to keep Wells in at that point wasn't all Tressel.
Are you serious? Do you really think last year's 130-3 YSU game really was on his mind? Puh-lease, don't kid yourself.

Michigan lost today, which is always a good thing. Gotta love the expressions on the fans' faces as defeat once again slams into them.

Minnesota squeaked by Northern Illinois today 31-27. Not going to get into details but a win is a win I guess.

Lastly, here's the greatest fight song in NCAA history:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A7ll0xE5c0
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 08:28 AM       
Didn't say he was upset about the teams preformance, I said he was upset with his personal preformance. He ran for under 50 yards in his premier game as starting RB. The Dispatch talked about it with him in an article

Found it. http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live...R.html?sid=101

Also, I called the MU loss to my friend but the call conversation went like this...

Friend: Michigan hasn't played yet.

Me: Who are they playing

Friend: They are playing Utah I think

Me: Oh yeah, they're definitely gonna lose that one

Friend: You would have said that no matter who I said they were playing wouldn't you?

Me: Yes
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 07:48 PM       
Quote:
Here's the AP Top 25 Poll:

1. Georgia
2. Ohio State
3. So. Cal.
4. Oklahoma
5. Florida
6. Missouri
7. LSU
8. West Virginia
9. Clemson
10. Auburn
11. Texas
12. Texas Tech
13. Wisconsin
14. Kansas
15. Arizona State
16. BYU
17. Va. Tech
18. Tennessee
19. South Florida
20. Illinois
21. Oregon
22. Penn State
23. Wake Forest
24. Alabama
25. Pittsburgh
Too bad for Tennessee. Losing to UCLA? Didn't the horrible '07 Notre Dame Fighting Irish beat them?

Details here:
http://uclabruins.cstv.com/sports/m-...090208aaa.html
Beloved Cunt
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 11:21 PM       
Minnesota will win the National Championship this year.

MARK MY WORDS!

ps kidding!
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 05:42 AM       
It would be worth losing to Minnesota on the 27th just to see them go undefeated, win the BCS and piss off every SEC and Pac 10 honk out there. Just think of the laundry list of excuses you would hear from them.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 03:59 PM       
Sucks that East Carolina lost. I love BCS busters.
Beloved Cunt
Old Sep 20th, 2008, 04:10 PM       
BYU and maybe Utah are your best bets for a BCS game this year.