Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 07:36 PM        Anyone else think the gas prices will go back up in December
I'm usually the last person to suspect conspiracey or anything but it seems to me that it's the oil companies best bet right now to make campaign contributions in the form of lowering gas prices. Lower profits now means more record breaking profits later?

I usually hate more government control but it seems time to regulate the gas companies refining and maybe cap the profits somehow to ensure this last year's problems will never happen again.

record prices + record profits = gouging.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 02:42 AM       
usually gas prices decrease through winter.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 09:05 AM       
I think they'll go up this December though, for just the reason Courage states.

Besides, they have tyo go up at least some, to justify the MASSIVE, completely out of proportion with admittedly higher winter demand heating oil price spike they slap down every winter.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 02:11 PM       
natural gas prices(which is what they use to heat houses i think) and normal gas prices rarily raise together(at least not at the same level) for some reason. I think it's a complicated process involving the fact that they are a public utility and the way they have personal natural gas reserves. I remember reading an article on it when gas prices were really high but natural gas was still average.

Also I think no airconditioners in cars + heating in house kind of plays a trick ;(
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 10:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
I think they'll go up this December though, for just the reason Courage states.

Besides, they have to go up at least some, to justify the MASSIVE, completely out of proportion with admittedly higher winter demand heating oil price spike they slap down every winter.
that's usually like 25 cents or so here, I mean up like a dollar like it was befor.
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 06:52 AM       
Freedom is when your government setups up a system where others can sue you on a whim, and business takes the center stage.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 07:59 AM       
Max has a new pet