Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM       
That reminds me, I still need to see that in French, I think the language used would be gorgeous
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 02:50 PM       
I wanted to make a joke about worshiping Mary so that Jesus wasn't actually in his head, but I think it'd get lost in translation from Catholic self-deprecation to I-Mockery self-deprecation. That, and discussing theology is something I'm wary of doing on I-Mockery unless it's exploited to talk about how great my girlfriend's pussy would be if I had a girlfriend.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 02:53 PM       
Aforementioned female acquaintance in real life linked me to http://www.penisland.net/ from her office, then immediately set her status to an away message.

I think I found a new supplier for when I have to replace my Montblanc.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 02:54 PM       
I've always found theology kind of dull, unless it's approached from a psychological angle

The only theological discussion I'd really like to have is where the fuck these death metal bands are getting this "Eleventh Seal" crap. There are only seven in revelation, retards
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 02:55 PM       
Oh my god, Seth, your female acquaintance is my hero
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 02:56 PM       
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 02:56 PM       
I draw a distinction between theology and exegetical criticism

Why can't the monocle guy roll his visible eye and save me the effort? Fuck, if we had an emoticon like that I don't think I'd have to post anything else.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 02:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
I've always found theology kind of dull
I happen to like arguing the same old shit over & over, it's why I'm on the internet.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 02:58 PM       
Like I mentioned earlier, I can show you a YouTube video that would probably make her far less heroic. I just refuse to because I can imagine things going horribly wrong.

Or maybe that was in an AIM conversation with Pub, which is effectively the same thing as posting in this thread.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:00 PM       
I'd like to know what specific 'holy text' these guys are getting it from, the only parallel I've managed to dig up on the subject is that the theme also apparently appears in a few video games and anime, which really somewhat confirms my theory that all death metal people are doing everything they possibly can to crush their inner dorks

Last edited by Grislygus : Apr 11th, 2008 at 03:04 PM. Reason: ELEVENTH SEAL
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:02 PM       
God, I type slow
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:03 PM       
I actually have more than one arguably attractive female friend in this town, with whom I communicate primarily via AIM.

Seth: you've yet to sling comments at me that uncomfortably straddle the fence between facetiousness and actual deep personal contempt for my existence, in the bloomington thread about Baked

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
The Power of Grayskull
Pandajuice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM       
You're right GG. Theology IS boring.
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM       
I get the distinct impression, that, if we ever met in real life, I would be found to be a slow witted insect
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:06 PM       
IN REGARDS TO SETH. NOT THAT GUY, SETH!
The Power of Grayskull
Pandajuice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
IN REGARDS TO SETH. NOT THAT GUY, SETH!
No need to make the distinction, you'd be pretty slow next to me as well.
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:11 PM       
I REALLY doubt that you'd be much use in a discussion as to whether or not Voltaire grew alongside Candide
GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
I was going to say something very self-deprecating about how is it you guys have all these friends in comparison to my complete lack, and then I realized that some combination of leaving the house and NOT TRYING SO FUCKING HARD would be helpful.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
I'm really not the guy to consult for Simpsons references, but there's one that really touches my heart.

I think a mid- or late-90s episode had Lisa meet a fellow intelligent girl her own age, and by that time the show had established her as an unrealistically intelligent 8-year-old. When she meets the girl with her father, they invite her to play a game where he says the name of a public figure and she has to devise an anagram of the name that describes him/her. He throws one out, then his daughter replies in within a few seconds. Lisa, when given one, just hums uncomfortably and then the father gives her a ball to play with.

I love it because my life from 2002-2005 was a constant oscillation of which side of the equation I was on.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Ancient Mariner
And I HIGHLY doubt that you've read Tennyson
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:12 PM       
Not you, Seth

Wait, I actually haven't seen that episode, was it a newer one
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandajuice View Post
You're right GG. Theology IS boring.
NO OPINIONS HERE, JUST COLD, UNCARING FACT!
GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
:EMO

and I dislike discussing theology only because I get really easily frustrated by people who insist on using repetitive and moronic arguments for ANY side.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Well, to be fair, I found both Tennyson and Byron so tedious that I frequently mix up their works and biographical details.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asila View Post
I was going to say something very self-deprecating about how is it you guys have all these friends in comparison to my complete lack, and then I realized that some combination of leaving the house and NOT TRYING SO FUCKING HARD would be helpful.
Congratulations! You are the female Pub!