Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jul 22nd, 2017, 07:16 PM       
Also, willie being outed as a brony is literally what killed this forum. This I believe.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jul 23rd, 2017, 10:55 PM       
Is fucked up to think that this thread is 13 years old. I'm in my god damn 30s now and I was posting here as a teenager and it's still here and I can post dumb navel gazing posts like this one
Level 29 ♂
Old Jul 23rd, 2017, 10:59 PM       
Since this thread's inception I have lived in three different time zones, one of them twice
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jul 24th, 2017, 01:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
Also, willie being outed as a brony is literally what killed this forum. This I believe.
Definitely. It wasn't because of a massive shift from web forums to social media or anything. It wasn't because updates and content on this site have both sharply decreased. Some guy was a fan of a cartoon show, and all of a sudden nobody wanted to be in the same room as him.

C'mon, son.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2017, 02:13 PM       
We all know Fluoride killed the forum.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jul 25th, 2017, 01:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain516 View Post
Definitely. It wasn't because of a massive shift from web forums to social media or anything. It wasn't because updates and content on this site have both sharply decreased. Some guy was a fan of a cartoon show, and all of a sudden nobody wanted to be in the same room as him.

C'mon, son.
I appreciate you sticking up for me
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 30th, 2017, 10:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
Is fucked up to think that this thread is 13 years old. I'm in my god damn 30s now and I was posting here as a teenager and it's still here and I can post dumb navel gazing posts like this one
This place meant a lot to me too Emu

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 30th, 2017, 10:43 AM       
The fact that I was a fucking 15-year-old kid when I started posting here and was accepted almost immediately meant the world to me at the time.

Now it seems so strange to me how much I cared. Teenagers are pretty stupid.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Aug 2nd, 2017, 06:26 PM       
I'd love to update the site more often like I did back in the day, but I make my own games these now, and that takes up a huge amount o' time. That said, you can always count on the site being updated regularly throughout the annual "Two Months of Halloween" celebration. Looking forward to September 1st!
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 12:29 AM       
Geez. In a year or two, it'll have been 20 years since I registered for the old i-mock ezboard forum. That's...so fucked up. We're all old now, and even just logging in again feels weird.

That was very funny. Well done.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Sep 1st, 2017, 03:11 PM       
Not sure what made me stop in, perhaps my subconscious was reminding me that the Two Months Of Halloween was starting up. AS most of this page has indicated there is a strange sort of nostalgia here. I remember being in early highschool on this site and that seems like a lifetime away.

Not sure what I'm really trying to say other than I am excited for the Halloween features and posts.

e: did Esuohlim ever watch Twin Peaks? So many unanswered questions.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 2nd, 2017, 03:06 PM       
Zomboid - Yep, 2 years away from being 20 years ago when I registered I-Mockery. Of course, it's technically 20 years old already since it actually began years earlier on Geocities... I just moved a lot of the sub-sections onto I-Mockery so they'd be in one place once I registered the domain. And yep, we're all old mummies now.

MarioRPG - I think most people who used to be on the site come back here around September 1st. If nothing else, people remember the Two Months of Halloween tradition has been going on for nearly two decades, so it's kind of ingrained in our brains as part of celebrating the season. Glad you're looking forward to the articles, cuz I have a LOT o' fun stuff planned for this season.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2017, 04:18 PM       
I wish we had new blood here for 2 months of RoGerWeen, but I know you are probably the only one running the site now and I wouldn't want to deal with mass spam either.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2017, 11:39 AM       
There isn't really a way to get to the forum from the main page new people would visit so we probably won't be seeing any Trick or Treatin' visitors make it to the back end.
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Sep 8th, 2017, 01:56 PM       
At year 20 Rog should do a retrospective on the site. I think that would be pretty neato.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 8th, 2017, 07:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetothepast View Post
There isn't really a way to get to the forum from the main page new people would visit so we probably won't be seeing any Trick or Treatin' visitors make it to the back end.
You also have to e-mail rog to register now, iirc

also hi

pram maven called me on my business line about 4 months ago to demand I remove threads about him or something. i think threats were involved
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 8th, 2017, 11:13 PM       
Really? Hahahah
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 05:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
The fact that I was a fucking 15-year-old kid when I started posting here and was accepted almost immediately meant the world to me at the time.

Now it seems so strange to me how much I cared. Teenagers are pretty stupid.
This place was a huge part of my adolescence as well. Both the content provided by RoG and also the forum. You guys were my secret group of friends I could be completely honest with. We've all gone through major life changes since most users parted ways from here, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks back to the golden days of this message board with a bit of nostalgia. The community we had was made up of a diverse group of misfits and was perfect for me and the rest of us at the time.

Also yes, this is the perfect time to catch up on Twin Peaks.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Oct 15th, 2017, 04:44 PM       
I used to come here more than old social media sites. All sorts of little ones died on the way before Facebook really came and took over. I miss the shit out of those days. I stopped coming here for awhile after my friend's mom died and we both discovered it together. I kind of stayed away from the internet entirely for awhile after that.

But I kept lurking and coming back to post sometimes, and I'm glad some of us are still here.

I-mockery for prez 2020
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 16th, 2017, 01:11 AM       
Do you have more friend's mom that can die?
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Oct 16th, 2017, 02:01 PM       
There's a few I'm sure that are on their way out. I'll mail you a memorial card or two
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 05:49 AM       
;>
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 20th, 2017, 01:53 AM       
sup
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2017, 10:18 AM       
Mew, I love the shit out of you. Rainbow Cemetery began my love of retrowave and outrun, and your smilie style is still my go-to, 14 Years later.

Know you are appreciated ;>
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 21st, 2017, 01:50 PM       
that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me :o