Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ˇOlé!
xbxDaniel is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 08:35 PM       
The entire magic system is supposed to be revamped.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 09:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345
You weren't supposed to actually enchant things yourself, the enchant skill was to recharge the magic in items. That's why enchanters existed.
what are you talking about, enchanters are for if you've got too much money and don't want to save before doing it yourself :/
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 09:22 PM       
Well if you sold to the mudcrab (existed without a mod) you would always have too much money by selling the equipment that came off golden saints. HELLLOO?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 09:31 PM       
what about paying for training with it
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 11:16 PM       
Quote:
Well if you sold to the mudcrab (existed without a mod) you would always have too much money by selling the equipment that came off golden saints. HELLLOO?
i could never find that fucking guy, so i'd sell to the little thing in the top of the orc house. the game got way less fun for me after I realized money was so abundant if you kill a guard in islandlandthing and sell their obsidian maces and armor to that dude.
Slim Goodbody
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 11:53 PM       
Its very hard to go through the game without killing him, I had to develope a paranoia about not killing any mudcrabs and talking to every one of them in order to do it.

I liked not having to worry about money =/
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 12:00 AM       
And I liked not having to worry about death after finding that regenerating robe. I put it on, threw on some heavy armor, antagonized a few of those giant jellyfish and went out to lunch, and when I came back, fully charged heavy armor stat.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 09:03 AM       
I completely forgot about fallout 3 but I'm really hoping they do a good job with it too . Loved fallout 1 and 2 though so I kinda hope they don't change much.

That was very funny. Well done.
OH GOD
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 09:10 AM       
what, you mean apart from changing from an isometric view turn-based game to a 3d real-time game?
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 09:23 AM       
Quote:
Something's a bit off that you can't explain? That almost always means that a person wants to find something wrong with the game, but can't. And when I say it will run better on the 360, I mean compared to moderately priced PC's that are coming out right now (under 1000$). If you spend the money for high end of course it would be better. And its only PC and Playstation fanboys who think that the 360 will be a tragic failure. You haven't got the slightest idea, since all you are saying is speculation.

You are full of shit and have no idea why this game would be bad.
Me thinking the game will be a bit rubbish is the same as you thinking it will be a bit good.
Niether of us have played it and I would imagine you have seen all of the trailers which I have seen. I dont want to sound pedantic but parts like the dogs shitty animations and various other wierd things I noticed made me think in such a massive game world its going to have a whole bunch of bugs kicking about.
Im not looking for reasons to hate the game im just not going to blindly accept developers hype as fact.

Also I dont think the 360 is a failure, its a really nice piece of kit and will most probably come out ontop of the PS3 due to it bieng released so much earlier and bieng technologically equal.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 10:10 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer
what, you mean apart from changing from an isometric view turn-based game to a 3d real-time game?
Oh fuck . To be honest though, if it used the same engine as oblivion, it would probably still be pretty cool.

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 10:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia
Also I dont think the 360 is a failure, its a really nice piece of kit and will most probably come out ontop of the PS3 due to it bieng released so much earlier and bieng technologically equal.
Plus live, which I think is gonna be the major winning factor. The system is just marketed right in so many ways and is so god damn convenient on top of it :<

and willie, fallout 3 is 3d but it's still locked into isometric. and by default it's still turn based ;<
Slim Goodbody
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 10:24 AM       
Quote:
Me thinking the game will be a bit rubbish is the same as you thinking it will be a bit good.
Everything you said satisfied me but this. Because it will take a crosseyed kick in the nuts not to think it will be good. What is it that makes it look so bad? Its impressive "biggest game ever made" size? The hard to match AI? The overwhelming supply of semin this game is producing from the swollen cocks of game critics and fans alike?

A dog bouncing around like how videogames usually animate dogs bouncing around is enough to call the game shit? Every game of that scope has tons of bugs, like morrowind had. But despite the bugs morrowind still became GOTY. And they decided to push the game date back those few more months to fine tune it, adding thousands of man-hours into the game, each hour making it better.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 02:31 PM       
Quote:
The hard to match AI?
I wont get into the quoting everything game but I would like to pick you up on this.

Most new games promise ground breaking AI but you usually don't get the full picture of it until you actually try it. FEAR is one of the only games which has really impressed me with some genuinly new and interesting AI recently.

Anyway, im slighty tipsy right now so I will not try and aticulate my distrust for AI hype any further.
OH GOD
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 03:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
and willie, fallout 3 is 3d but it's still locked into isometric. and by default it's still turn based ;<
oh
ˇOlé!
xbxDaniel is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 04:24 PM       
Quote:
Anyway, im slighty tipsy right now so I will not try and aticulate my distrust for AI hype any further.
I've been disappointed before too. This seems like it's going to work out though. In one of the dev. diaries one of them commented about an orc who killed him and then proceeded to loot the corpse while muttering curses about the character. I'm not saying that is what it'll be like, but the AI will not be mindless or idiotic. The part I'm most worried about is dialogue, because I've been unable to find anything that really describes how it works in the game.

Overall this game should be solid, but MM is right about actually playing the game. We haven't played it yet, so we don't know what it's like yet.
Slim Goodbody
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 11:23 PM       
Is this just pessemism or denile of the inevitable.

The Damp Moose is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 12:01 AM       
I find it really hard to believe that this game will dissapoint anyone.

Morrowind was a fantastic game, and it still kicks a lot of current games' asses.

Bethesda would have to seriously drop the ball with this game to make it worse than Morrowind.

And as far as the whole dog animation sucking, that video was from a loong time ago in the development. A lot of stuff in those 6 videos has changed dramatically.

But then again I have a giant Oblivion boner, so my views are probably skewed.

EDIT:

I think that they've released the system requirements, but I can't seem to find them. On the forums the only thing that I found was:

http://www.srtest.com/bonus/t/sysinf...=30&submit2=Go

Scroll down to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

I'm not sure if this is official or what.

EDIT...AGAIN:

Because I'm lazy I didn't think to do a google search. This was the results from the first link:

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion System Requirements

Recommended:

* 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 1 GB System RAM
* ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP
* 512MB System RAM
* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card
* and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
* 8x DVD-ROM drive
* 4.6 GB free hard disk space
* DirectX 9.0c (included)
* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
* Keyboard, Mouse

Supported Video Card Chipsets:

* ATI X1900 series
* ATI X1800 series
* ATI X1600 series
* ATI X1300 series
* ATI X850 series
* ATI x800 series
* ATI x700 series
* ATI x600 series
* ATI Radeon 9800 series
* ATI Radeon 9700 series
* ATI Radeon 9600 series
* ATI Radeon 9500 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
* NVIDIA GeForce FX series
The Wolf
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 11:42 AM       
hahaha holy fuck. My computer is so outdated compared to that it's not even funny.

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 11:57 AM       
I can't wait to play Oblivion. I have faith that it will be good from all I've seen and heard about it. I haven't been disappointed by the series yet.

My PC should be able to run it but I'm probably going to want to upgrade my RAM for good measure.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 06:40 PM       
Quote:
Is this just pessemism or denile of the inevitable.
Think what you want but 9 out of 10 games promise groundbreaking AI and rarely deliver. Im just waiting till the game has some real non-biased reviews before I start preeching the wonders of an unreleased game's AI.
OH GOD
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 06:46 PM       
yeah looks like i'm gonna need a new processor and graphics card at LEAST

The Damp Moose is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 08:48 PM       
This game will totally be worth the $200 dollars I'm going to need to spend to upgrade my computer.

I hope.
OH GOD
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 03:55 AM       
i probably need to upgrade those so i can run Morrowind better too
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 08:29 PM       
What's the AMD equivalent of an Intel Pentium 4 3.0 ghz?