Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 05:57 PM        Shadowrun
So it took its own liberties with the license and is only loosely based on Shadowrun but it's still a pretty damn fun multiplayer FPS. The reviews have been ranging from 6's to 7's but I'm enjoying the hectic online fun. Who else has it?

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2007, 06:53 PM       
The game's content is not relevant to my interests.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 6th, 2007, 07:31 PM       
It looks fun. I want to play it. I need more moneys.

Maybe after I get my first paycheck or I'll rent it this weekend.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 11:41 PM       
Yeah, Ive heard a lot about this one (Mostly from Shadowrun fags talking shit about a game before it was even released. Thanks Gamefaqs) and I am very intrigued about it. One problem, im poor. So it will be a while before I can even try it.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 11:56 PM       
Get a jay-oh-bee.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 12th, 2007, 11:43 AM       
I'm having lots of fun with it. Stupid Unstoppable achievement is pissing me off though. Resets if you die during the same game. I've "gotten" it 3 times now and last night I was at 11-0 with only a couple rounds left in the game so I was just going to chill and survive... Then I lose connection to the server. Bah.

Anyway, I think it's quite awesome. The balance is actually pretty good. Dwarves piss me off but oh well.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 05:55 AM       
i'd rather play the genesis shadowrun
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 03:48 PM       
I could never get past the part at the graveyard where you have to release people.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 04:45 AM       
I liked the Genesis one better than the SNES one. Both are very good.

*spoiler*

I remember fighting the boss on the SNES one forever before realizing what to do.... Thought he was invincible..

Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2007, 11:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Get a jay-oh-bee.

I already have a job. But it sucks. Plus im spending most of my game budget on my collection of older titles (Mostly NES and Genesis).

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 8th, 2007, 09:46 PM       
The Unstoppable achievement was a bitch to get.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 12:24 PM       
Yeah kind of. I first thought it reset if you died during a game (was told that) cause I had 10 straight many times and would then go into lame defense mode that never worked. Once I found out that the only issue seems to be if the person you kill gets rezzed it doesn't count. Shortly after I found that out, I got it.

The Healer achievement is my most hated one right now because it's almost impossible to heal 50 blips in one game (doing it without cheating). I've gotten so close. One time I was at 9.8 healing (think you need 10.0 for the achievement). The kill 3 peeps at once with a grenade is also annoying since you basically need to get lucky with 3 retarded elves sitting next to each other.

I'm a little sad I got my Elf Player achievement already. I like being elves but now playing as a Human. Took a few matches to figure out what style I like with them but now it's ok.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 10:16 PM       
I play as a human mostly. I hate elves. Everyone and their mum plays as an elf.

I know this because Elf Killer was probably the fifth achievement I got.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 12:18 AM       
Yeah I agree there are too many elf players but self healing/speed/essence is good. I am coming around though and like Humans quite a bit. That extra damage is crucial and getting a tree early makes life easy.

Elf Bane was very easy, yeah.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 07:11 PM       
I didn't know how to kill trolls easily for the longest time.

I tried anti-magic generators, dwarves, mini-guns, etc. But then I thought, Rocket Launcher. Now it's no problem.

When I can't buy a launcher, i.e. the first two rounds, I just get an SMG and teleport all over the damn place.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 12:33 PM       
Good games last night Fathom and Sam. At least once it finally worked. I would have liked to play more but it was getting late.

We'll have to play some more. I only have like 80 games to go with the Human!

Oh and Sam, I'll never forgive you for the one time you got me with your minigun.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 02:21 PM       
I passed out right after that.

So damn tired. But yeah, we need to play again.

And miniguns take more skill than they're given credit for, (if you're not using smartlink.)