Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

davenightmare is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:13 AM        freddy's nightmares review award winning- thanks
Hi, just had to sign up to say how damn fine your freddy's nightmares stuff is. Definately that was needed on the web and it is ingeniously written, does the tv show great justice. Even though I have seen those episodes so many times I had great fun reading with all the use of screen shots and giffs. Great call the way you offer a chance for everyone to see (exactly like it says) the ALWAYS amusing starting to the series.
I could loop that starting and just leave it on all day. It's the best starting to a series ever in my opinion and I'm a big freddy's nightmares fan as it's nostalgic and was forbidden to me as a child by my horrified parents (got to see tj hooker and hunter, but fred's nightmares was on late 11pm schoolnights, and even if it was early I would have been attacked for watching it.
Just on the off chance anyone stopping by this post knows... I was wondering are the united states (single episode p tape) videos of freddy's nightmares (I have the big uk ones of pilots being from Ireland) recorded in SP mode or LP mode?
They are still availible to buy sealed in various spots over the web (seems theyre was a lot printed) and I'd love to collect one or two. It should seem obvious that they'd be SP mode, but I remember another 90's series in particular that had 1 episode p tape also and it was LP mode. I know that they are NTSC format (american video) and have a player that is compatible. Just if anyone stopping by owns any and knows, otherwise it's no big deal. Thanks a lot and again A GREAT FREDDY tribute. This site looks really good and I'm going to enjoy exploring tonight.
All the best
Dave
p.s. I got a real freddy's nightmares crew sweatshirt off ebay recently (just plain nice xl grey sweater in perfect condition with the freddy's nightmares tag proffesionally embroided in red accross the centre. It's written (in the official, usual way) very big, centred and came from a seller in hollywood who sells movie gear. I must post the link to their ebay sales pages (a lot of VERY cool stuff) and also a pic of this freddy crew sweater. I was thrilled as I got it for 31.00usd (only two bids!) Disgraceful but great for me (and I had to pay twice the shipping costs to us ebayers...I thought I'd be breaking the bank, paying up to 70/80/90 usdollars when it came on. The lack of willingness on the part of the freddy's nightmares fan community at ebay was strange. I suppose maybe I was simply lucky and not everyone saw it or even cared about a crew sweater, but baffling to me, I'd call it priceless! being from the sets of those series, and very worn by someone involved (had a small coffee stain which I now have removed and it's otherwise like new) . Also I heard that a new freddy's nightmares series is starting from a friend who has imdb.com membership but I certainly can't find anything about this on the web. Anyone know anything about this?
Cheers. Later