Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 01:14 PM        RIAA Countersued for Malicious Prosecution
http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/08/03/14/158246.shtml

Quote:
"Exonerated RIAA defendant Tanya Andersen is expected to refile her malicious prosecution lawsuit against the RIAA today. The refiling will mark a significant watershed in the RIAA's fight against P2P users because for the first time, the group's tactics, secret agreements, and fee splitting with MediaSentry are likely to come to light, thanks to discovery. Andersen's attorney says he'll be 'digging into agreements between the RIAA, RIAA member companies, MediaSentry, and the Settlement Support Sentry. Part of that will involve looking at compensation, like how much MediaSentry gets from each settlement. "I'd love to know what kind of bounty MediaSentry got paid to supply erroneous identities to the RIAA," Lybeck says.' The judge has barred further motions to dismiss the complaint, which means the RIAA will have to face the music. 'Unlike the thousands of lawsuits filed so far, the RIAA does not have the luxury of walking away from this case if there's a real chance of embarrassing information being released. "Once discovery happens in the cases the RIAA brings, they run," Lybeck says. "This is our case now, and they can't run."'"
Here's hoping she supermans that ho.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 01:20 PM       
Good luck. She'd probably be better off forming a class action suit. Isn't there one already with some non-profits running the show?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 01:24 PM       
I think the real aim here is to expose the RIAA due to discovery, and anything they can get out of that is just icing on the cake.
Mocker
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 02:42 PM       
Still, its an uphill battle. They have the resources to overwhelm her. The fact she was able to defend herself amazes me.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 02:47 PM       
I really wish Bill Hicks was still kicking it. Anyway, I wonder if this is all going to end ala the Big Tobacco floodgates.
Mocker
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 04:12 PM       
The best thing Hicks did was die young. Otherwise, we'd be listening to his jokes about trying to buy an SUV to take his kids to soccer practice. And how he just doesn't get how to order coffee at Starbucks.

And, I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure copyrights on music haven't lead to cancer in anyone just yet.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 04:22 PM       
I meant that a successful suit against the RIAA might pave the way for a flood of new ones.

Wishful thinking, I know, but still.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 06:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
The best thing Hicks did was die young. Otherwise, we'd be listening to his jokes about trying to buy an SUV to take his kids to soccer practice. And how he just doesn't get how to order coffee at Starbucks.
That would be really depressing
Mocker
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 06:11 PM       
Its called getting old. Thats why I'm glad Hendrix, Cobain, Kinnison and Belushi died young. Otherwise, our memories of them would be sullied by PG rated family comedies and oh-so-whacky reality shows.

Ozzie Osbourne and Eddie Murphy, I'm looking at you.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 06:56 PM       
I wish Cobain was still alive, cause he sucked and needs to still earn that pedestal he sits on.
Mocker
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 11:13 AM       
Are you Eddie Vetter in disguise or something?
Official forum judge
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 12:05 PM       
It's Vedder.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 12:46 PM       
You're right... Cobain and Hendrix are kissing each other in heaven. :-/
Official forum judge
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 01:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I wish Cobain was still alive, cause he sucked and needs to still earn that pedestal he sits on.
Or better yet, Nirvana's popularity would fizzle out, and people would about them for a decade.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 02:59 PM       
Kurt : Hey Jimi! Wow I glad I finally met you! Your guitar playing was mind blowing. There was never another person who was able to emulate your style.

Jimi : Who are you?

Keith Moon : O_o.

Joplin : Suicide is for pussies.
was never good
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 03:15 PM       
tadao are you secretly fartin mowler
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 03:17 PM       
yes