Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 03:20 AM        Portal 2
Well, would you look at that: apparently Valve employees have been actually getting up for work on a daily basis in the past 4 years, because Portal 2 is the best thing they've ever done.

Not even internet fuckshits parroting lines from the first game Monty Python style something like 50 billion times a day could ruin how fucking awesome this game is. Thankfully, there haven't been any cake jokes yet, so they haven't gone and reminded me of it, either. Yeesh.

Good show, Valve. Hopefully it won't take them another 4 years to get on with Episode 3 already, although if it's as good as this then I won't get too raged about it.

Spoilers!

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Apr 20th, 2011 at 03:52 AM.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 04:40 AM       
What happened to "bark bark bleh portal?"

I actually kiiiinda prefer Portal 1's campaign. Portal 2 has waaaaaaaaaaay funnier writing, but the level design feels kinda cumbersome at times (the second act, which I like to call "BioPortalShock" is just plain frustrating), and there's hardly any mystery to the game like the original.

I just beat co-op with a random dude. My friend was busy doing the campaign so I decided to just pick up a random guy. Turned out he was about as good as I am at it so we breezed through the campaign pretty quickly. Kind of a shitty ending, since they put hardly any narrative into co-op whatsoever.

I'm gonna go for all the achievements. I hate doing them, but I wouldn't mind, because it seems like I missed a lot of things.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 03:30 PM       
have you seen all the hate the game is getting in metacritic is hilarious

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 03:50 PM       
I thought the gameplay was much better than in the first one. The first one was fairly obvious that it was just a test game; this one had you basically doing your own thing for a lot of the time. The humor was definitely better, as well. I was laughing my as off the whole time.
Spoilers!

Last edited by LordSappington : Apr 20th, 2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Hurrr spoiler not spoilers
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 04:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
What happened to "bark bark bleh portal?"
It went away when Portal 2 was actually a game instead of a 3-hour proof-of-concept demo that had its dick sucked much more than was warranted

Plus I had already bought the second game when I said that, I was just wondering why the hell we were getting excited about shaving 2 days off the release date.

Portal 2 is better than the first one in pretty much every way I can think of, except maybe that it's still too short. Haven't tried co-op yet.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Apr 20th, 2011 at 06:13 PM.
Forum Virgin
Izlude is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 06:53 PM       
I just got it, but I am at work, so I cant play it yet. I'm super excited. However, I prepared my brain-juices for playing by passing through the Flash version of Portal. It was a lot of fun, and very frustrating, but I beat all 40 levels and think I am ready to do Portal 2.

If you wanna play the flash version, I have it uploaded here:
http://izlude.wikispaces.com/file/vi...612_Portal.swf
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 08:41 PM       
Portal 2 is MUCH harder than the first one. A lot of puzzles took me a pretty good while, because there are a lot of puzzles that are solved over a HUGE area and with a lot of different walls and stuff that look like potential solutions.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 11:37 PM       
Also, This song is AWESOME. Huge spoiler though, so don't watch it if you're gonna cry about it spoiling the game for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kPyGvqNn4Y
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 02:44 AM       
This is as close to perfect as any game has ever been. Sublime experience.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 06:37 AM       
I just passed what seems to be like the end of the first act and this shit is blowing my mind.

I shall never ever be afraid to spend $60 on a game so long as it is from Valve. I dunno what they're gonna do with the upcoming DOTA 2, but it should at least be entertaining.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 02:47 PM       
One thing about Valve that I love is that they legitimately do their best to make their fans happy. Say all the shit about hats you want; when you buy one of their games, you are getting a great damn experience.
/fanboy
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 03:18 PM       
I finished it before I had class today. Yes, it's wonderful. Cave Johnson for President.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 05:39 PM       
I played both coop and single player today... I love it. I will end up buying this for sure.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 05:43 PM       
Finished Singleplayer today. Hell yeah, that´s how you make a good Videogame. The end was...just great, so great
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 04:55 AM       
i am in space

great game, good ending, 5 stars, etc

haven't even played coop yet and feel like i got my money's worth
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 05:11 PM       
Co-op is the best I've ever seen in a game, simply because there is absolutely no room to be a dick. If you want to get anything done, you better be damn sure you're helping your partner and being at least friendly to him/her, or you'll either get dumped or repeatedly killed. I've only gotten paired with one asshole, and I just kept dumping him in the water and hitting him with cubes while he was mid-air. All the other partners I got paired with were total bros.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 05:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
Co-op is the best I've ever seen in a game, simply because there is absolutely no room to be a dick.
...I just kept dumping him in the water and hitting him with cubes while he was mid-air.

I finally finished single-player last night and can now look at threads about Portal 2. Absolutely fantastic game!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 07:59 PM       
some things that i didn't think were as cool

Spoilers!
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 08:32 PM       
Spoilers!

I still laugh my fucking ass off whenever I remember certain parts of the game, like Wheatley's accent that GLaDOS can't hear.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 08:40 PM       
Spoilers!

Yes! Parts like that really helped me to forgive the problems I had with the story and just enjoy the game.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 10:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextire View Post
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 10:46 PM       
The developer's commentary kinda spoiled some of the game for me, since every node is pretty much:

"We wanted to do this but we took it out because our playtesters were idiots."

Lots of stuff from trailers were flatout removed, like the excursion tubes. Plus, it kinda explains why I felt the game was so piss easy in singleplayer. Here's hoping for DLC, or user-created maps since it's Source SDK compatible.

Token Bleeding Heart
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 11:37 PM       
Excursion tubes were rendered pretty moot by the funnels or whatever they're called. No point in adding a feature that's like a less cool-looking version of another feature.
was never good
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 01:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
The developer's commentary kinda spoiled some of the game for me, since every node is pretty much:

"We wanted to do this but we took it out because our playtesters were idiots."

Lots of stuff from trailers were flatout removed, like the excursion tubes. Plus, it kinda explains why I felt the game was so piss easy in singleplayer. Here's hoping for DLC, or user-created maps since it's Source SDK compatible.
i love the dev commentary, but on the ps3 you can't teleport between commentary nodes, and fuck if i was solving shit just to get to the parts where the comments are.

so now i get to wait a week+ until PSN wakes up so i can get my free pc copy ;<
was never good
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 01:53 AM       
oh also how the fuck did you end up in the relaxation center after portal 1?

not a spoiler since this happens in the first second of the game