Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Loveline
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 04:22 PM       
Weird, that sounds like the girl I knew. She started off perfectly alright and was one of my three friends in dance class. Then she met my brother and hung out with us more outside of class and began to make increasingly bizzare claims. We couldn't prove she was lying of course, but my "Bull alert" kept going off almost every time she spoke. It was like someone flipped a switch on her. What makes that happen to people I wonder?

At least it sounds like you got rid of her pretty quickly. Our crazy girl hung around a bit longer, partially because after an incident in which she screwed her boyfriend in the school bathroom (long story) my bf thought she needed her friends to stand by her and kept inviting her along places.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 10:11 PM       
One of the reasons I avoid facebook. Like it was plutonium.

Seriously, she sounded like the kind of kid who, if she had been in high school during the late 90's early 00's, might have gone out and bought guns and ammo and pulled a Columbine.

Over a G-D dog cartoon.
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 08:54 AM       
Speaking of plutonium, I was watching a documentary about the melee immediately following the fall of nazi germany and they showed soldiers handing what they were calling "uranium" down a human chain, bare hands. I wonder how long they lasted :/

Yeah, she had her little idiosyncrasies. I would basically get along with her until a psycho episode, then I'd kind of stay away. She went through an uber-religious phase for a while and found everything offensive. It was almost like some sort of latent superiority complex, sorta. Much less stress now that I don't have to deal with it.

I pretty much hated any school pre-college. I had a few people I got along with, but I just couldn't muster that buy-in that everyone else had. Always got along better with the teachers.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 10:39 AM       
Wouldn't it have been funny if at the end of the chain was a barrel that they just kept throwing the stuff in.

As the Germans never were able to sufficiently purify natural uranium to make it "bomb grade", my guess was that this was non-enriched uranium, and that apart from getting a little hot, it probably wouldn't have hurt the soldiers too much. I'd guesstimate no more than a years worth of a pack-a-day habit. Maybe.

Nowadays, they'd be in full-on HAZMAT body suits.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 01:18 PM       
Could be. As I've had all the clinical radiation I can ever have, the thought of stuff like that gives me the oogies.

The documentary made the German nuclear physicists look a little dim. The overall claim was that there was a scramble to apprehend the Nazi scientists and they more or less ended up in the US or with the Soviets, meaning both countries more or less owe everything we know about jet propulsion and aerospace science to them.

But the captured Nazi nuclear physicists were a wash. No one talked, so they put them in a bugged manor house in Britain. The radio broadcast of Hiroshima just happened to be within their earshot, and they began discussing excitedly in German how the Americans might have managed it. From listening in to what they said, their captors deduced that they didn't know nearly as much as previously thought, and most were turned loose. One went on to a brilliant career with NASA.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 01:34 PM       
At the risk of hijacking this thread and getting banned () - the problem was that one of the German physicists (either Teller or Schoedinger ?) was convinced that you needed about 1000 times more U235 to create a chain reaction - so they were of the opinion that the nuclear explosive was virtually impossible. I'm not sure where they went wrong, but there are a lot of calculations where a factor of 10 here and there can get inadvertently dropped.

The one who worked for NASA - are you thinking of Werner von Braun? Tom Lehrer wrote a song about him ....
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 01:57 PM       
Yes, Werner von Braun.

Anyway, to get somewhat back on topic, I find that the older I get the more irritated I am by selfish behavior. Some people just seem to take and take and take and never come through for you when you need anything, and I feel like I don't have time for that anymore.

Last edited by Kitsa : Aug 21st, 2009 at 02:52 PM.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 04:12 PM       
People tend to grow up. It's an ugly habit.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 05:26 PM       
I cut people out of my life very quickly and easily. I have absolutely no qualms about walking away from someone and not looking back.
I go by the three strikes rule for the most part.
teacup of sunshine
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 05:26 PM       
The funniest thing about that is that those I described are older than I am by a damn sight.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 05:30 PM       
Never trust anyone over 30
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 07:35 PM       
Maturity never was quantifiable.

Man, I'm full of cheap aphorisms lately.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 08:08 PM       
I can't stand individuals who insist on self promotion with little to no substance. All by itself, this is worth "don't let the door hit you on the way out". I'm looking at you, Kenneth!
Insane Writer
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 11:39 PM       
I actually noticed that the people who were absolutely horrible when they were children were a lot nicer when they got older. Of course, it could just be that they were just as horrible but knew enough to hide it. Not that I cared.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 02:08 AM       
Oh yeah. I was a real fucking bastard as a kid. But, when I was arrested at thirteen, I had an epiphany. I've been doing the right thing, believing that it was really right, ever since.

I'm a contradictory asshole now. I realized that the handful of people I know are relatively good. Worth having. Everyone else can go pound sand. The most cynical optimist in the world.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 02:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
I cut people out of my life very quickly and easily. I have absolutely no qualms about walking away from someone and not looking back.
I go by the three strikes rule for the most part.
how many strikes do i have
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 05:33 AM       
You're back to 0, this evening went very well
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 09:46 AM       
:O bone-a-fied lovin'
Egg
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 12:03 PM       
no "love" sweetie, just alot of grabbing and mosquito bites hahahah
Insane Writer
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 02:47 AM       
Quote:
I'm a contradictory asshole now. I realized that the handful of people I know are relatively good. Worth having. Everyone else can go pound sand. The most cynical optimist in the world.
That's sort of what I'm like. There are the people who I really like (good friends and family) and if anyone else is a jerk then I don't care because they're not really anything to me. I can smile and wave at pretty much anybody, though I usually think well of people for awhile (it takes quite a bit for someone to get on my Angry List).
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 03:53 PM       
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he's ouuuuuuuuuutta there.

Good riddance, fucker.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 12:25 AM       
Yeah, tonight did it for me too. This person is just complete fucking poison and not worth the angst. I'm cutting off all ties, that's it.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 04:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Yeah, tonight did it for me too. This person is just complete fucking poison and not worth the angst. I'm cutting off all ties, that's it.
does this mean you're available
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 05:59 PM       
It wasn't my boyfriend. :P
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 02:14 AM       
I pretty much cut off all contact with a whole bunch of people from my hometown. We just don't have anything in common anymore, and it got to the point where hanging out was a real chore for me because hanging out with dumb hicks (who are perfectly content staying in the same town for the rest of their lives) just wasn't worth it for the sake of "staying in touch."

That was very funny. Well done.