Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

draw a sidewalk is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 03:56 AM        tattoos
i didnt see a thread for tattoos, but consider them art.
do you have any? what do you think of them?

noob3 wants a toyota logo on his belly. i think thats uber cute.

hurrah for tattoos. pictures to come soon
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 04:18 AM       
i will never get the toyota tatoo
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 06:03 AM       
doesnt lyle have one
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 8th, 2006, 08:10 AM       
I have one tattoo that I got over 3 years ago. It's short, simple, and only it took less than 5 mins for the artist to slap the word "trust" on my arm. I've wanted to get another one ever since then but I can't ever decide what I want.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 05:06 AM       
I have close to 300 hours of tattoo work at this point. In fact, during my time with the sideshow, I was briefly known as Leveticus (19:28 is a passage against 'marking of the body') before going to Tithonus - there was already a Leveticus.

Thus far, full sleeves and vest, legs, etc. Nothing visible on the neck or hands thus far. Got my first at 17, most of my work I collected in my travels and my favorites are from my time in Asia. I have a traditional tapped Koi that took about 10 hours but was well worth it.

My grandfather was apparently covered from head to toe - top of his head was an eagle.
retrocool
Dire Flamingo is probably a spambot
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 12:48 AM       
For some reason I really liked this little one my 8th grade history teacher had. It was a tiny Statue of Liberty with a lamb's head.
My Grandpa still has a mermaid tatoo on his chest he got when he was in the navy, and my uncle has some Maori designs on his shoulder from when he lived in New Zeland (He didn't get a face one because he moved back to Pheonix).
I think that it's a lot better if they have something to do with you or where you've been. Not like people who get Hulk Hogan tattoos (Even though that does say something - "dumbass".)
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 09:40 AM       
I think people that consider themselves almost good looking get tattoos as a vain attempt to be better looking :/
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 11:11 AM       
Pednaud, would some pics be out of the question?

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 03:26 PM       
I think tattoos are a stupid waste of money so you can look cool. I guess I'm agreeing with fartinmowler. It's basically like car detailing and getting flames put on the side of it to make it go faster-- err look cooler.

I"M JUST EXPRESSING MYSELF. Can't you just, i dont know, talk or something?
I don't really see how it's expressing yourself to get something somebody else drew put on your anus. I guess if you drew it yourself it'd be a little bit different, though.

If I ever got a tattoo it'd be something extremely personal, such as an idea I created or a picture I drew.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 05:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud
I have a traditional tapped Koi that took about 10 hours but was well worth it.
my husband has a koi on his arm (part of a sleeve) that took ten hours. but it wasn't tapped. (i had to ask him what that meant, even.) it seems like that tapping process would take a lot longer, though. did it hurt worse?
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 05:41 PM       
Tapping?
UNCLE ******
Uncle_Sham is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 07:10 PM       
is when they take like a needle thingy and dip it in ink and tap it with something into you skin (like poking i think) its traditional.
Administrator
doopa is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 11:40 PM       
hmn. I designed mine.

I can see why people might think badly about them though. Lotta douche bags getting tribal art or whatever. I think if your a visual, art type person it makes sense though. Live and let live kids
Ringmonster
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 03:42 AM       
I'm not much of a photographer DuFresne, but you get the idea.

and one from a couple years back, from some magazine I was in, snapped at a tattoo convention:

The tapping hurt real bad. It is basically a small sharp-toothed comb attached to the end of a short stick. That comb is dipped into the ink and the short stick is 'tapped' by another stick repeatedly. It's a real art as the wielder must maintain even piercing depth with each blow. Too deep results in scars, not deep enough and the color fades. The technique allows for a lot of really fantastic shading. The ancient fellow who did it didn't speak any English and I was alone, so there were no distractions from the pain. Great work though. Amazing depth and detail. I took a photo but the damn soft (and sexy) bathroom lighting sucks and it didn't turn out.

The most painful work I've had done is a tie between the nipple areas of my chest and my shins.

The most sketchy tattoo I've ever gotten was a Jopo (gangster) black market tattoo I got in Korea.

I can't speak for everyone but I don't get my tattoos to look cool or tough - Frankly, I don't think I need the help. I really enjoy the medium as an art form. Love the fact that my body is not only a canvas, but a memento of where I have been and the characters I have met in my journeys.

My friend Leveticus, the original, has just about every cliche tattoo in the book. Eyes tattooed on the back of his head, a Tazmanian Devil, Mistletoe just below his navel, the infamous 'Your Name' ass tattoo. The man is a walking cartoon character and he loves it. He loves making people laugh. But his entire back is a piece in memory of his father. It is truly a work of art.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 05:16 AM       
You are one big motherfucker, and that is coming from another big motherfucker.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 09:34 AM       
are the colors still as vivid as in the mag picture? i haven't gotten a tattoo yet because i haven't decided exactly what i want; i want to design it or use someone's one-and-only. my husband, on the other hand, has tons of them. one of his is a portrait of his grandfather in his ww2 military uniform.
Ringmonster
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 10:38 AM       
I do take up some space. I'm 6'4" and run 280 so, that's a lot of canvas.

The colors are very vivid. I am fair skinned and I avoid direct sunlight at all costs. So, the ink has held up very well. A lot of collectors get their stuff reworked after 10 years or so. I have stuff that is nearly 15 years old that is still pristine.
retrocool
Dire Flamingo is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 01:37 AM       
You could scare Henry Rollins up a tree.
The arm ones are beautiful, especially because I'm used to seeing tattoos of pot leaves and stuff like "Power" in Japanese. This is why the rising popularity of henna tattoos in my area is good.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 01:56 PM       
da maxx!
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 02:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimebanned
da maxx!
I couldn't figure out what that was and then I read your text. I still couldn't get it until I kind of tilted my head and it appeared like magic!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 06:48 PM       
that's the coolest tattoo I've ever seen
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 08:56 PM       
Is that some wierd thing on a cliff?
Ringmonster
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 09:01 PM       
It's Max, a one of the flagship characters during the launch of Image comics. There was a kick ass cartoon as well back in the mid 90's.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 09:01 PM       
it is quite clearly the maxx pay attention
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 10:48 PM       
you guys