Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 12:59 AM       
at least we finally got back to arguing about video games
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 10:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Yeah, you're just a big buncha gay dudes. I bet you could get a vidya games show on Logo.
HAH! I don't even know what you're talking about, so I'm not even insulted! It's like my ignorance is rubber, and you're glue so whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 01:09 PM       
Don't you have some Newgrounds to peruse, mate?
!!!

T-Rex is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 08:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
HAH! I don't even know what you're talking about, so I'm not even insulted! It's like my ignorance is rubber, and you're glue so whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.
:-(

Guys, comparing Nintendo to Microsoft and Sony is like comparing a Family Car to a Sports Car. They're both cars but it's unfair to compare them. They both cater for different markets. Sure, a Sports Car is much more graphically powerful than a Nintendo Wii, but it doesn't have the Wireless Motion Control Wiimotes of a Family Car.

Last edited by T-Rex : Apr 28th, 2008 at 08:49 AM.
has a woody
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 12:13 PM       
@Fathom: No, I was too busy reading your whiny livejournal.

@T-Rex: I like that analogy, but it's missing something. Wii offers something that the competition doesn't, but I dunno if I can say that about a family car (having never owned one)
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 03:28 PM       
Wii offers INNOVATIVE CONTROLS (that don't add a whole lot) and MARIO! What's not to like?!

That was very funny. Well done.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 03:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
@Fathom: No, I was too busy reading your whiny livejournal.
I don't have one. Or is that a laugh you're trying to instill in others by saying that I did? 'Cause if it was, that was a dumb joke.
has a woody
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 04:08 PM       
Sorry, I thought we were arguing about video games, not about who's a bigger troll. lolseriousbusiness.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 04:11 PM       
Okay. If you were a video game character, you'd be Slippy Toad, douchebag.

What the hell is a troll, anyway?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 04:23 PM       
you guys are all 10 years old
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 04:28 PM       
COME SAY THAT TO MY FACE. <
has a woody
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 05:23 PM       
And you'd be Panther, cause he's sooo dreamy, just like you <3

Anywho, back on topic, if you're going to blame anyone for videogame rehashes (not you specifically, but everyone in general), blame the fans. We got good stuff, then different stuff that was still good. Fan(boy)s wanted more of the old stuff, and companies scrambled to appease them (best example being Square and their million-bajillion-FF7-Sequel-Extravaganzmatazz). Then fans said "what the shit? We want original stuff too!"

Now companies are either saying "goddamnit. Fine, we'll shift gears again." or "fuck you we already started production on 5 different Final Fantasy XIIIs." I've noticed that Capcom is mixing things up a little here and there, as well as a few other companies. Then you've got the bands of disgruntled developers leaving one company to start another (Treasure, Mistwalker).

Plus, certain franchises carry more credibility than others. If you were forced to chose between a new Mario and a new Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, most people would probably go for Mario. It's only natural for people to stick with what they're more comfortable with (which makes entering the console race pretty hard too. I was surprised to see the XBox stick around.)

Moral of the story: when a company puts out a game it hasn't whored out for ages, you should buy it and encourage them to make more different shit, then when the company thinks they can cash in on a sequel, pass on it. Probably a bad mindset to think in, but it gets the point across.

(Also, do we REALLY need another Bioshock? Seriously, 100+ people work on games now and none of them can pitch anything better than "sequel to the best selling game of last year"? Oi Vey.)
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 05:29 PM       
Excuse me, but isn't Capcom the poster child for endlessly releasing the same fucking game over and over again?
has a woody
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 06:11 PM       
Yea, buuuut....

I dunno. It feels like they're trying some different stuff. Then again, I can't think of any examples besides Okami. I'm sure there are others. Just...uh...lemme look on wikipedia for evidence to support my wild claims...

EDIT: okay, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, the upcoming Dark Void, and if you count Bionic Commando (because it's been, like, decades since the last one) then that's four...Okay, bad example.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 09:56 PM       
Hey, Bionic Commando was a great game and I was waiting for a fly-ass sequal. I loved the one for the GBC. The thing, with me at least, is that Nintendo seems to put more attention on their sequals and spinoffs as opposed to new shit. That seems to work for them, so what the hey. Capcom has put a lot of spotlight on their new games, while still seemingly releasing a new Mega Man game every month.

That's my opinion, that's how I feel, and it's neither right nor wrong.

Even though I'm right. :/
has a woody
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 10:05 PM       
Oh no, I never said it was bad. I loved it at lot (even though I wish it had jumping, but that's nothing to cry over.)

I just think that whether or not you count it in the same category as some of their other franchises (All 70 Mega Man series, Street Fighter II Turbo Mega Ultra Edition 2: Electric Boogaloo, etc.) is kinda up for debate. I could see them really milking it dry, but for the sake of preserving the integrity of the game, I hope they give it a break after the new games come out. Just let them stand as great nods to a great game.

And I must say, the remake looks fucking sick. I'm not too sure about the 'Next-Gen' version, but the second the classic music started up, I bought into it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 10:07 PM       
Mike Patton is doing voicework for it.
has a woody
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 10:13 PM       
I'm not sure if I should be worried or not. The only work of his that I'm familiar with is "the Angry Sphere" from Portal, which tells me zilch about what he's capable of.

Actually, now that I'm skimming through the wikipedia article, it's jogging my memory. I'm familiar with his music, but I haven't seen him doing any "conventional" voice acting (or rather, I haven't seen him do anything outside of music, though apparently he voiced in I Am Legend.)

I'll wait before I start groaning about it, though. I mean, I know Capcom has a history of laughable voice acting, but so long as I get some awesome Capcom music and get to move around like a maniac, there shouldn't be any problems.

I mean, it can't be any worse than Sonic's "big revival", right?

Last edited by Phoenix Gamma : Apr 28th, 2008 at 10:45 PM.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 10:19 PM       
MIKE PATTON you numbskull

mr. bungle, fantomas, tomahawk, peeping tom

i know this isn't the music forum but JEEZ
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 11:04 PM       
Mike Patton can suck a penis
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 11:07 PM       
NO

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 11:10 PM       
well if he did he'd swallow, he'd swallow, he'd swallow
GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 11:20 PM       
Oh God guys the mental image, why would yoooooou
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 03:52 PM       
Good one, willie

He did the Darkness as well.
Scruffy drunken Brit
Fat Ugly Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 06:24 AM       
When my mate's blackberry-like thing is running low on power it does one of Patton's lines from The Darkness.
"THE LIGHT GROWS DIMMMMM!"
"Is that Patton?"
"Yeah."
"Cool... You tosser. "
""

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Mike Patton is doing voicework for it.
I saw the trailer, he sounds like an 80s OTT action hero, totally serious and unintentionally funny as fuck.
Awesome.

...Fantomas need to start doing videogame soundtracks.