Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 09:31 AM        Metallica.

Sure they're complete garbage now. Death magnetic was one of the stupidest albums ever. Even the name of the album was just a blind shot in the dark at trying too hard to think of something badass.

But, they were at one point a huge influence in metal. Kill em' all had some of my favorite songs (Jump in the fire, Metal Militia) and RTL and Master in my opinion were both totally different albums from each other but still amazing.

Also, playing guitar as a kid I pretty much taught myself all through tablature from a bunch of tab books my dad gave me that were ALL Metallica. One was "The Art of James Hetfield". That one sucked.

Could there possibly be any hope whatsoever for them in the future? Or should they have died with Cliff Burton? Or all died INSTEAD of Cliff Burton?

I know there's alot of hip youngsters here who listen to underground whozawhatzitz and that darned flip flop or whatever it is, but I hope that as mainstream as these guys are that there are a few people who can respect them for what they once were and what they did for metal.

Also, fuck Kirk Hammet with his jerry curl, cowboy hat and mystery race. Dave Mustaine is and always will be Metallica's original backbone.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 11:26 AM       
They suffer from a combination of age and arrogance, so I doubt they will ever be what they were once.

I pretty much thought it was over when I heard Load
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 12:37 PM       
Hate me some metallica. Was able to block them out for a while. Just watched a documentary on lemmy and they had a segment with ulrich and hetfield. Forgot how annoying they are. Ulrich and pauly shore could go on tour as weasal impressionists.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 02:46 PM       
I don't know why i made this thread. I have to stop smoking.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 03:26 PM       
Blah blah blah Death Magnetic sucked but not as bad as Load
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 07:59 PM       
Come on guys, there lifestyle determines there deathstyle

Also if you haven't, you need to check out Some Kind of Monster. It's 141 minutes of them whining.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 08:50 PM       
I didn't really mind metallica up until they started their diatribe against napster. Then when I started seeing them everywhere actually talking, I hated them.
Prepare for time warp.
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 09:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
I didn't really mind metallica up until they started their diatribe against napster. Then when I started seeing them everywhere actually talking, I hated them.
Dude when I was a kid I remember watching all of that shit and I kind of agreed at the time, but then I was at this place called Coconuts that was a music store and I saw a gold plated copy of Master of Puppets for $200.

If you gave a shit about music (which Metallica obviously doesn't given the things they've recently done to it) then I think you would produce music good enough to gather fans that were strong enough to still buy all of your t-shirts and coffee mugs and cock rings and lubricants instead of worrying about every fan paying $12 every 3 years.

Also, in 2008 there tickets were for there terrible show was $300. And yeah, SKOM was a crybaby fest. Is it just me or does it looks like Kirk is about to cry EVERYTIME he's interviewed?
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 12:07 AM       
I loved SKOM, particularly the part where they came up with five lines for the titular song, and then stopped to jack off and wax philisophical about just how amazing it was that they could "pull songs out of thin air". Shit's deep, bro
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 01:56 AM       
Thrasho

Let it be known that I still hate the shit out of you.
Prepare for time warp.
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 02:23 AM       
:<
Ancient Mariner
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 02:35 AM       
10K I WILL NOT HAVE YOU UNFAIRLY CHASTIZING MY FAVORITE WAYWARD NEPHEW
Prepare for time warp.
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 05:15 AM       
:>
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 05:50 AM       
I used to listen to eurotechno and embarrasing shit like that when I was a kid. Then I found Metallica, which made me realize that my music taste was awful. I don't really like Metallica all that much these days, but it made me discover all sorts of cool music.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 10:27 AM       
I still like Ride the Lightning and their, like, two instrumental songs.

But yeah what a load of jizz.
Well Shit
creeposaurus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 01:37 PM       
Metallica's multiple (desperate) attempts to make their comeback have always made me laugh. Lawl Guitar Hero Metallica lawlawl.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 05:31 PM       
I was all about rock band for about a year. I would bring all my dates over to the duplex and impress them with my ability to sing the girliest songs. It actually worked too. I never got into the guitar hero though and wouldn't touch a guitar hero Metallica.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 12:54 PM       
the only time i ever played gh/rb was when rock band had just come out and i was living with three other guys and i fucked myself over when they all found out that i knew the lyrics to a lot of the songs (because apparently none of the other guys listened to the radio growing up) so they'd always just throw the mic in my face.

fuck that game!
Forum Virgin
testube is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 03:38 PM       
Justice for All Yalls.
Prepare for time warp.
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 11:07 PM       
metallica sucks
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 06:36 AM       
And how bout the sales on that new 'album' with Lou Reed? Yeesh, I expect that the dollar store will be getting a ton of those (which means they are banned from this year's Secret Santa, yay!)
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 12:18 AM       
Album? I just heard one song and thought it was a one-off thing because it was such garbage. LOU REED CAN'T SING, JESUS. He should just stick to talk-singing his old ass off.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 06:22 AM       
I think it is called Loulu or Loulou or Lou Lou or Lu LU or Lulu, or something like that. Keep hearing about how bad it is, and samples of its bad tracks therein on P&S