Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pharaoh is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 04:09 PM        Gays are immoral, says top Christian
The London Metropolitan Police is to investigate comments about homosexuality made by a British Christian leader.

'HOMOSEXUALITY is immoral and spreads disease, and civil partnerships are damaging to society, according to Britain’s most senior Christian leader.

He also said that same-sex relationships risked damaging the foundations of society, and scientific evidence showed that homosexuality carried high health risks.

His comments were condemned last night by gay rights groups and MPs from the three main political parties, who said that he was swimming against the tide of public opinion.

Speaking about civil partnerships, the first of which took place in Britain last month, he said: “It does not augur well in building the very foundations of society: stability, family relationships. And it is something we would certainly not in any form encourage the community to be involved in.”

Asked on the BBC Radio 4 PM programme if homosexuality was harmful to society, he replied: “Certainly it is a practice that in terms of health, in terms of the moral issues that comes along in a society, it is. It is not acceptable.

“Each of our faiths tells us that it is harmful and, I think, if you look into the scientific evidence that has been available in terms of the forms of various illnesses and diseases that are there, surely it points out that where homosexuality is practised there is a greater concern in that area.”

I think it's wrong to censor him, whatever happened to free speech?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 04:11 PM       
Well, that about wraps it up for queers!
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 04:17 PM       
Um, isn't there a law in England that if you say something erronious and potentially damaging in public, you can be charged with a crime for it...?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 04:18 PM       
Who's censoring him? They're investigating him because he used his free speech to spew hate speech that borders on speaking his intention to take violent action agaainst homosexuals.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 04:23 PM       
This just in, all the smartest people of the world say, "Anti-gay sentiments are stupid and actually lower your iq."
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 04:24 PM       
Pharoah still wets the bed but blames it on the dog, says top Mocker
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 04:25 PM       
Hamburger salesman accuses Pharaoh of wet patties, and the public opinion coming up at nine.
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 04:31 PM       
gays ok, says top gay
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 04:37 PM       
Well I don't necessarily agree with him, but what's actually wrong with what he's saying, is it really hate speech?
was never good
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 04:38 PM       
I gots a gumball up my nose, says top Pharoah.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 04:39 PM       
Yes, because he's singling out a specific group of people and attributing a large problem to them specifically. Homosexuality doesn't spread disease -- sex, period, spreads disease. AIDS isn't just a gay problem, and it never really has been.
BANNED

Old Jan 26th, 2006, 04:45 PM       
"I think it's wrong to censor him, whatever happened to free speech?"

When you're a political leader or really have any public sway, getting up and saying things that aren't necessarily true or bigoted or anything like that can cause public opinion to change alot-- especially when it's represented as fact which is generally the case with speaking to the public. That's even more immoral than anything gays do, especially when it's based on things that aren't true. I really hope I don't have to explain more on that...

I don't really care either way, though.
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 05:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
"I think it's wrong to censor him, whatever happened to free speech?"

When you're a political leader or really have any public sway, getting up and saying things that aren't necessarily true or bigoted or anything like that can cause public opinion to change alot-- especially when it's represented as fact which is generally the case with speaking to the public. That's even more immoral than anything gays do, especially when it's based on things that aren't true. I really hope I don't have to explain more on that...

I don't really care either way, though.
Yes but he's had a lot of support from his coreligionists. In a letter to the Times signed by 22 representatives of various organisations, they state,

'We are deeply concerned about the breakdown of basic family values and the undermining of the key institution of marriage in Britain today. All Britons, whether they are in favour of homosexuality or not, should be allowed to freely express their views in an atmosphere free of intimidation or bullying. We cannot claim to be a truly free and open society while we are trying to silence dissenting views.'

I agree with that.
BANNED

Old Jan 26th, 2006, 05:38 PM       
Okay.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 05:38 PM       
Once again, I ask: Who is censoring him? Apparently nobody, because we're reading about it now.
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 06:02 PM       
Well he's going to think twice before repeating that sort of thing. He's had some heavy pressure put on him. He wouldn't want to be labelled a bigot. And I don't think you could call him a bigot when so many of his faith agree with him, they can't all be bigots can they?
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 06:11 PM       
Yes?

I don't know if it occurred to you, but just because a lot of people agree on something doesn't make it true. Most people believed the earth was flat 2000 years ago, yet it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Well he's going to think twice before repeating that sort of thing. He's had some heavy pressure put on him.
That doesn't mean he's being censored. When you say something, people are going to argue with it. That's what we call "debate." The first amendment gives you the right to say something, but it also gives others the right to criticize you for it. It's a two-edged knife that's had a bigger impact on the world than anything else over the past few centuries.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 06:14 PM       
Wouldn't want people to think about what they say, now would we.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 07:06 PM       
I thought the top christian would be the pope?
BANNED

Old Jan 26th, 2006, 08:04 PM       
"I thought the top christian would be the pope?"

'Britain’s most senior Christian leader.'

Clever word usage.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 10:07 PM       
The archduke of Canteburry is back from the dead!!! and he's pissed
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 10:15 PM       
Meaning he's drunk am i right
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 10:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mew barios
gays ok, says top gay

mew
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 10:28 PM       
I like how the title of this thread implies that Christians can be ranked.

spinning is vital to your health, says top
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 04:18 AM       
Breaking news