Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 06:14 AM       
My GF just picked up Forbidden Island (speaking of co op games) which is supposedly like a Pandemic or Defenders of the Realm. We haven't tried it yet though
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 06:21 AM       
http://vimeo.com/27752539

srsly, this show is making me interested in board games.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 06:57 AM       
It does a lot for board games, which are usually seen by people outside terribly dry, to say nothing of being nerdy.

I s'pose I've come to like card games a lot more - I got my friends addicted to all the Munchkins.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 07:08 AM       
I got a list of must plays for you then

Thunderstone- A deck building game where you have to compete with other players to build a deck capable of gaining the most victory points

Ascension- In some ways similar to Thunderstone, but streamlined to a mere 3 game mechanics

Nightfall- While I hate it's theme, I love the everyone plays on everyone's turn mechanic

Dominion- Probably my least favorite on the list, but its popularity is a lumbering juggernaut, so you will likely never want for more players to play it

Quarriors!- Not a deck/card game, but similar in its mechanic, you buy dice that represent creatures and spells to get enough points to win the game, lots of fun there
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 09:31 AM       
Paint me green and call me Frederick, my Quarriors! is on the way

Sadly the boardgaming-GF is gone again but what the hell, there´s enough people to play with around I guess.
drifting in the void
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 12:50 AM       
Gone gone. A woman´s mind can be a little strange sometimes. But it´s better when these things happen early I guess, 2 months is nothing.
drifting in the void
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 06:37 AM       
Meh, it´s not like I can do anything about it but don´t worry, Women come and go until you find the right one I guess.
drifting in the void
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 07:00 AM       
MY right woman does, yeah, otherwise she´s not the right one
drifting in the void
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 03:54 PM       
Huh, what do you know, there´s a german version of Glory to Rome and it comes without the horrible cartoony art in neon colors too
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Oct 13th, 2011, 07:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
My GF just picked up Forbidden Island (speaking of co op games) which is supposedly like a Pandemic or Defenders of the Realm. We haven't tried it yet though
Finally played it, it is fast paced and pretty difficult to win as far as co op games go. You pick a role from a list of a team of treasure hunters and of course they all have different useful skills (some more useful than others obviously). You have to recover 4 treasures from the island as it sinks. If too much island sinks, you can't get to the rendezvous point and everyone loses. The island sinks really fast. We played on the beginner difficulty and it was tough, I can't imagine playing on expert where the island is sinking at twice the rate.

The next 4 days will be the Buckeye Game Fest. I won't have a ton of pictures of this, because it is mostly just playing games that are out or have been out for awhile. It is in essence an extended CABS meeting. But if I play anything I think is really cool I will post a pic of it here.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 13th, 2011, 07:49 AM       
Is the Buckeye Game Fest as exciting as it sounds?
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 13th, 2011, 12:12 PM       
I remember playing Dream Phone with my buddy when we were 13. It belonged to my sister and she was staying at some girl's house over the night. I won. It was pretty excellent and to this day I can hoard over him that Jamal liked me better than him. Because his creepy robotic voice said over the phone "You're right, I really like you!"
drifting in the void
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 01:54 AM       
I played the online-version of Memoir 44 last evening...never played Memoir before...seems like a really fun game but I think there´s no german version out there which is strange, given how popular the game is in the states...

Oh and my Kickstarter-Copy of eaten by zombies arrived the other day but I haven´t had time to take a look at it yet.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 01:49 AM       
So my midterm in Computer Imaging is to make and box a board game. Mechanics finished, plastic and wood bought, lazertran sheets ordered, just beginning the final drafts of the graphics

More crap to be posted once the whole thing's done in about three weeks
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 09:53 AM       
Pretty cool.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 04:40 AM       
:thumbsup
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 08:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
So my midterm in Computer Imaging is to make and box a board game. Mechanics finished, plastic and wood bought, lazertran sheets ordered, just beginning the final drafts of the graphics

More crap to be posted once the whole thing's done in about three weeks
You could probably get a smaller game company to publish it if it is popular with play testers
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 08:33 PM       
So I picked up copies of 7 Wonders and Smallworld for cheaper than I could get them online. I think this guy is getting all my future game purchasing business, cause he beat competitor prices in everything he sold
drifting in the void
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 04:06 AM       
Alright, Saturday is Essen-Day. I still don´t know which games to pick up...I´m not willing to spend TOO much money on the stuff right now, but some games have to be purchased...I think, I´ll take Eminent Domain and Aries Project (if I can find it)...but what else...
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 10:46 PM       
i own what i think is an austrian version of monopoly called DKT

SANTO el enmascarado de plata