Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 10:07 PM        The (New) Man Show
Back and Adam and Jimmy were the hosts, the show was enjoyable. It wasn't the best, but it had its funny moments, for sure.

But now they got these new guys, and it's the most wretched thing on Comedy Central right now. I gave it the benefit of the doubt for the first two episodes, but I'm watching the third one, and I'm deciding it's utter shit.

Everything that made The Man Show worthwhile is gone. While many of the segments on the old show were improvised, EVERYTHING is scripted, with recurring jokes (Magical Negro) that just aren't funny. Things that COULD be funny, are ruined by these two having no parsonality worthy of them being hosts. Other things are just poorly executed, and wouldn't have been funny anyway. (Like having guitarists audition for a gay heavy metal band).

It just sucks. I demand it be taken off the air, or at least bring back Adam and Jimmy.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 10:25 PM       
Quote:
And if you want to send the stray "Bring Back Jimmy and Adam, You Suck!" email, feel free. My email is on the contact page. But remember, there's a reason they wouldn't do that show anymore and it could be that they hated your guts. Maybe they couldn't stand the thought of being out to dinner one more time, lifting their glass of wine to some beautiful woman across the table only to have some date-raping, frat donkey scream from across the room, "Ziggy-Socky, Ziggy-Socky, Hoi Hoi Hoi!" and then laugh hog-like, thinking he was really original. Kill yourself. This entire season was done - overtly or otherwise - in mockery of you and I already cashed the check.
LOL
Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 10:31 PM       
Where is that from?

I'm just saying, the show should have died with Adam and Jimmy, and if they were going to do one more season, they shouldn't have bothered unless it was going to be funny.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 10:41 PM       
dougstanhope.com

he also says

Quote:
The first few episodes of The Man Show are going to be the weak shit, so live with it. There'll be weak shit periodically throughout, don't get me wrong, but they front-loaded the beginning of the season with the most mediocre stuff, thinking that the hardcore Jimmy 'n Adam audience is too fucking dumb to handle the stuff we like. Maybe they are. The first time we said the word "abortion" you could hear the crowd's ass-pussies lock up like an emergency brake. Same with bashing religion, or much of anything that didn't involve jacking off or shitting your pants.
For those who know me and Rogan, there's better coming later.

Regardless, it's still television and at the end of the day, you'll never hear what we do through that medium. Anything that is even moderately funny in our voice gets so finger-fucked by lawyers, censors, producers and the network that you're lucky if you even have the same premise at the end, much less the same jokes.

People keep congratulating me and saying "It's about time", as though this is better than what I was doing. It isn't. The only true freedom of speech anymore is stand-up and anything else I do is just to promote it.

I never liked the man show, and I dont know how much i really like these new hosts but I think it is hilarious that he shows so much disgust for it.

CastroMotorOil is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 10:51 PM       
Its shit, sucks major balls, Jimmy and Adam were the man show, it just seems wrong having these two cockmonkeys there. The show was not the best ever, but some bits were hysterical (man show boy, houshold hints..., wheel of death). It is just not funny anymore without them, even the opening is wrong.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 1st, 2003, 12:09 AM       
Eh... the (original) man show was funny for like the first 3-4 episodes, and then it got old really fast. Same jokes/humor basically repeated over and over again. It's sad that it's lasted this long, especially with new hosts.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2003, 01:56 AM       
It had an occasional good joke, but some of the stuff is just downright gross. Like the ass sniffing thing? O .o

Stanhope seems to be a pretty funny guy, (says Mitch Hedberg and the quotes from his site, anyway) but i don't think the show is in any way salvageable, regardless of who is on it.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2003, 08:35 AM       
The Man Show with Adam and Jimmy wasn't very good, but most of the time there would be a couple of funny bits on each show that made it worth watching if nothing else was on. The new Man Show, however, sucks.

And although I sympathize with what Doug Stanhope says on his site, that's still bullshit. To say "this isn't really what we like, we have to do this cause the fans are stupid, really we're funnier than this," is retarded. It's not like before he took the job, he assumed all the man show fans were socialits wearing monocles and sipping brandy.

Bitching about the network and saying shit like "it's still television and at the end of the day, you'll never hear what we do through that medium" is just an excuse for why the show is an unfunny piece of shit.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2003, 10:11 PM       
Never was The Man Show funny. It was and is more moronic than "Men Behaving Badly". KILL IT, PUT IT TO FUCKING SLEEP ALREADY.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 12:48 AM       
Oh god. It might have been awful, but it can't touch Men Behaving Badly.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid