Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 09:27 PM       
Been playin' Gap Monsters and just finished. By using a skip.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 02:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
The push/pull system was kind of tough at first since it does rely on really quick timing, but once I got it down, I could fight those 100 dude battles so quickly. I had to flip the difficulty all the way up and then it was way challenging.
I get pushing to break through blocks, but pull is almost useless unless your opponent is a total maniac who's always pushing. And keep in mind this is all on easy, when you get a little icon telling you when your opponent is pushing/pulling. As far as I can tell, there's no other indication beyond that. Really, all I wind up doing is using push for some blocks, and otherwise just mash the weak attack button all the time to break through when the other guy tries to pull.

And I did eventually find the sword in the stump. I never bothered to look there originally because of all the invisible collision in the game, but I haven't used it that much because I already pumped up another draw-style sword that didn't have the big negative def stat on it.

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 03:15 AM       
As far as I remember, you can read the animation of your enemy to determine wether to push or pull, at least I think that´s how I always did it.

Alice 2 is really not a bad game so far but it seems to be way too long for it´s own good, it really drags.
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 10:39 AM       
all this diablo talk has me playing through diablo 2 again. i guess at some point they patched it so you don't need a cd in your drive anymore, but i'm surprised they didn't do something like implement a system to sell increased storage space. i was living off ramen when i was playing this regularly but i woulda robbed a hobo for $5 or whatever if it meant doubling that pitiful storage bin
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 02:35 PM       
I downloaded a thief demo, but I can't get it to work.

My lack of gamer skills has failed me even earlier than I expected.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 02:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubfest View Post
I downloaded a thief demo, but I can't get it to work.

My lack of gamer skills has failed me even earlier than I expected.
This turns me on.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 03:10 PM       
I know how to get thief working on windows 7, but I know nothing of the demo. I say find the full game and follow these steps:

1) Install by running setup.exe -lgntforce to bypass the "This won't run on windows NT" message
2) Right click on Thief.exe, selected Compatibility, and Run As Administrator and XP Compatibility Mode.
3) Start Thief up, opened options menus and quit, just to generate config files.
4) Unpack DDFix into Thief folder (for me, egames\ThiefG)
5) Replace the stock Thief.exe with pre-patched Thief.exe from http://www.saleck.net/Downloads/Thie...Fix-Thief1.zip It's necessary as the DDFixGUI does not do very well with 64bit windows. Manually patching the .exe with a hex editor is possible, but this was much simpler.
6) Right click on the new Thief.exe, select Compatibility and Run As Admin and XP Compatibility Mode again.
7) Unpack http://www.filefront.com/13839558/Da...creen-v6r3.zip into Thief folder and rand DarkWidescreen.bat, setting up the resolution (1680 by 1050, 100 FOV)
8) The game should work and even show the cutscenes.

It'll be a pain in the ass, but that's how to get thief running on a modern computer.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 03:21 PM       
Well, it was running without any comp modes for a bit, but then just freezes. So far, changing to xp, 98 or 95 has LESS success. Not sure if the fix will help, but I'll try!

(I was only playing the demo because I'm absolutely gash at gaming, but I figured a demo was a good place to start practising. I'm afraid of the full game)
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 03:27 PM       
Oh yeah, the full game is pretty daunting I suppose, if you don't play a lot of games.
Thrills and Oblongs
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 03:41 PM       
Update: It worked in concept, but as i wasn't starting from a full game it demands a cd.

I'll come back to it when I've gained courage enough to tackle the whole thing.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 04:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyandquietguy View Post
Been playin' Gap Monsters and just finished. By using a skip.
I BEAT THE WHOLE DAMN THING WITHOUT A SINGLE SKIP AHAHAHAHHAHA

Took me back to sitting around my nintendo and taking turns playing Fire n Ice with my friends in between Trog sessions
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 04:06 PM       
Shrub you could tackle me anytime and I will Thief you all night long.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 04:11 PM       
I downloaded AVA and plan on playing it, but I have to masturbate first.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 10:44 AM       
Freddy krueger is the new character in mortal kombat.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 02:40 PM       
Anyone played Minecraft? The game is destroying my life right now

I built this:

And yes, it took crazy long. The inside is bananas.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 03:03 PM       
The only reason I'd play Minecraft is if I wanted to fuck other people's shit up that they worked so hard on

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 03:06 PM       
milhouse you don't play games

what are you doing in here?
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 03:08 PM       
Minecraft is nones the cool. It's all about Terraria.
drifting in the void
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 05:15 PM       
Got my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles today...it´s a little odd that everyone has a british accent but whatever, it´s a great game with a lot of elegant design choices. About 6 hrs in so far.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 05:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Got my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles today...itīs a little odd that everyone has a british accent but whatever, itīs a great game with a lot of elegant design choices. About 6 hrs in so far.
Want to play that real bad.
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 05:21 PM       
I'm getting mine tomorrow, when this download finishes. I am not paying any money to Nintendo until they bring it to the states. They can bite my ass. On a brighter note, Europe will be getting The Last Story and Pandora's Tower also.
drifting in the void
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 06:12 PM       
Aren´t there bootdiscs or something for the Wii? It can´t be that complicated gettin a PAL-Game to run, right?

Oh and if anyone wants to know anything about the game I´d be glad to help
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 06:24 PM       
Yeah, I softmodded my wii when I thought they wouldn't bring tatsunoko vs capcom to the US. I still enjoy the japanese version more though! It took all of 10 minutes for me to fix it to where it would play PAL/NTSC-J games, plus games off a hard drive. I don't pirate games for my wii unless they don't come to America.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 06:27 PM       
i tried playing a bit of mario party ds but thosse lame coincidences that always make me lose at the end always turn me away from thesse games

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
SKATASTIC
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 07:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Arenīt there bootdiscs or something for the Wii? It canīt be that complicated gettin a PAL-Game to run, right?

Oh and if anyone wants to know anything about the game Iīd be glad to help

Does it tie into the rest of the Xeno series at all? The ending to Xenosaga episode III would lead me to believe it is.