Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 04:52 PM        Cheney contradicts Osama's 9/11 involvement
This is coming from the White House's own site...

11:45 A.M. EST

Q Welcome back. Joining me now the Vice President of the United States, Dick Cheney. Mr. Vice President, thanks for joining us.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Hello, Tony. It's good to talk to you.

Q So the Democrats now have a plan. They call it Real Security: The Democratic Plan to Protect America and Restore Our Leadership in the World. As far as I can tell, there is nothing in here that actually talks about attacking the bad guys. But let's talk about some of the things that at least have been mentioned in recent days and weeks by Democrats -- number one, the idea of strategic withdrawal from Iraq in order to "strengthen our position in the region."

My question to you is, is there any difference in your mind between strategic withdrawal and retreat?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: No, and, frankly, that would be exactly what Osama bin Laden and the al Qaeda types have been predicting and betting on all along -- it's the idea that if they kill enough Americans, they can force us to change our policy. It would be a strategic retreat. It makes no sense at all to turn Iraq over to the terrorists. We can succeed in Iraq. We can complete the mission. We are making progress day by day. It's tough, hard work, but it's very important that we prevail there, just as we're prevailing in Afghanistan.

Q You mentioned bin Laden who likes to talk about strong horse versus weak horse. He has predicted that the United States would become a weak horse. Are you saying that the Democrats, rather than as they have promised to do, to capture bin Laden, that they'd be giving in to him instead?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: I don't think there's any question about that if you were to withdraw from Iraq. The al Qaeda presence there is significant. Mr. Zarqawi, the top terrorist in Iraq, is the head of al Qaeda in Iraq. He's pledged loyalty to Osama bin Laden; that if we were to withdraw from Iraq, I think the danger would be, obviously, that you'd turn the country over to the worst possible elements, and it would become a safe haven for terrorists. It makes no sense at all, and it's totally unnecessary.

Q I've talked to a number of people who have been in Iraq. The same stories keep coming back, which is that Iraqis increasingly are taking responsibility for military and police actions. Do you think it's conceivable or even likely that by the end of this year, there will be fewer American troops on the ground in Iraq?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Well, I think that's a possibility, but we've been very firm, Tony, in refusing to put a timetable on it. We talk about it in terms of conditions on the ground. Obviously, there are a number of things happening that should result in that kind of outcome down the road. One is the progress that's being made on the political front as the Iraqis put together a government under their new constitution, and they're working on that very hard, day in and day out; and the other is the progress that's being made training Iraqi security forces and getting them into the fight.

They're now taking more and more responsibility for their own security. And those two developments are key ultimately to our being able to turn the situation over to them.

Q Today's release by Democrats contains a lot of second-guessing about what led up to the war and the early execution of it, including the notion that it was based on faulty security. Recently a number of documents that had been retrieved from Iraq have been translated, and what we're starting to get is a picture of Saddam Hussein actively involved in training terrorists, and even talking about weapons of mass destruction. Is it possible that we actually underestimated Saddam's involvement in the international terror network?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Well, some of us didn't. I think there are -- there's been a debate, obviously, and we've got a lot of folks who don't believe that there was any kind of a relationship there between al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein. I think the record is abundantly clear that Saddam Hussein was, in fact, a prime sponsor of terror. This is the guy who was making $25,000 payments to the families of suicide bombers. This is the guy who provided a safe haven for Abu Nidal. The track record there is very clear.

George Tenet, Director of the CIA, went before the Senate Intel Committee at one point and said there was a relationship between Iraq and the al Qaeda that went back to the early '90s. So I think what we'll find as we get a chance to go through and analyze these documents -- there's some 50,000 boxes of them that are now being made available here over the next few months -- that we'll see a pretty complete picture that Saddam Hussein did, in fact, deal with some pretty nefarious characters out there. And he was legitimately labeled by our State Department as a state sponsor of terror.

Q Including Osama bin Laden?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Yes, we don't know the full scale of it there yet, and I don't want to make a hard and fast prediction here. But there is reporting, obviously, that we've seen over the years that there was some kind of a relationship there between the Iraqis and Osama bin Laden.

Q I want to be clear because I've heard you say this, and I've heard the President say it, but I want you to say it for my listeners, which is that the White House has never argued that Saddam was directly involved in September 11th, correct?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: That's correct. We had one report early on from another intelligence service that suggested that the lead hijacker, Mohamed Atta, had met with Iraqi intelligence officials in Prague, Czechoslovakia. And that reporting waxed and waned where the degree of confidence in it, and so forth, has been pretty well knocked down now at this stage, that that meeting ever took place. So we've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden [sic] was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming. But there -- that's a separate proposition from the question of whether or not there was some kind of a relationship between the Iraqi government, Iraqi intelligence services and the al Qaeda organization.

Interview continued here...
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0060329-2.html

Can anyone explain to me what the FUCK is going on here?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 05:02 PM       
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 05:51 PM       
Geggy Duke and the Vindicated has a nice ring to it.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 07:42 PM       
dammit man, you got me interested over nothing. read the rest of the transcript:

Quote:
Q Okay. A couple of things, I think a couple of minutes ago -- I want to make sure -- you said Osama bin Laden wasn't involved in 9/11 planning. You meant Saddam Hussein, correct? That Saddam Hussein was not involved in September 11th?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Correct. Yes, sir.

Q Okay.

THE PRESIDENT CHENEY: Thanks for straightening that out. I didn't realize I'd done that. (Laughter.)
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 12:39 AM        Re: Cheney contradicts Osama's 9/11 involvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy
Can anyone explain to me what the FUCK is going on here?
Yeah, you're mentally ill.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 11:29 AM       
was it an honest mistake or a slip because of the lies they've been telling all along? The coverup of 9/11 makes me doubt everything the administration says about it. i can't say i Know what the truth is, but the doubts have at least some credibility..

the tape that came out after 9/11 of Osama confessing to being behind the attacks looks like a fake. The inconsistancies are clear if you look into it.. http://www.welfarestate.com/wtc/faketape/

then later we hear that he denied being involved in the attacks http://www.welfarestate.com/wtc/faketape/

why would osama lie about his involvement with the attacks if he's already wanted for terrorist crimes many times over?
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 04:42 PM       
oh shit...oh shit. geggy AND ranxer.

a perfect storm. a perfect storm of bat shit crazy.
Mocker
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 05:26 PM       
I dunno. I think the person who sure their government isn't lying to them is crazier than the one who is sure they are. :/
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 05:56 PM       
right, because that's exactly what I said.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 07:17 PM       
As soon as I read the carefully edited version from Geggy, I said to myself "Well, to be fair, Cheney has a habit of mis-speaking. Maybe he MEANT Saddam", and lo and behold, I turned out to be right.

Geggy, it's alright if you don't like the president or this administration. I don't either. But every mis-spoken word doesn't automatically point to conspiricy. Hell, I sometimes when I mean to call my brother, I'll call my dog instead. People do it.
Mocker

Old Apr 1st, 2006, 07:25 PM       
Mocker
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 08:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
right, because that's exactly what I said.
Did I say you did? I mean, you can be up this admin's butt about plenty of things, but stand you up next to the Vinces of the country and you hardly seem nuts at all to me.

I stand by my remark.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 09:08 PM       
Italian do you like Blaze ya Dead Homie?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 11:07 PM       
"why would osama lie about his involvement with the attacks if he's already wanted for terrorist crimes many times over?"

Because he sees the American's distrust for their leaders and wants to play on it? I'm not saying that's the truth, but you're asking for a reason and that seems like a pretty good one. Who's to say him saying he didn't do it is the fake thing?

I still don't get why the government would make a tape so obviously fake the fuckwits on this board could crack the mystery. Maybe so people will go, "That's too obvious to be true!"
Legislacerator
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 03:28 AM       
I don't know what Blaze Ya Dead Homie is :<
say what now?
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:36 AM       
Come on, guys. Yeah, I hate George Bush but let's be human here.

If the real perperators of the 9/11 tries to point blame on others in order to divert attention away from themselves, its most likely y'all bought into the lies. Wouldn't you want to the real perpetrators of the attacks be held accountable?

Ziggy, ever heard of cognitive association?

And Kevin, quit stalking me.
say what now?
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:38 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranxer
was it an honest mistake or a slip because of the lies they've been telling all along? The coverup of 9/11 makes me doubt everything the administration says about it. i can't say i Know what the truth is, but the doubts have at least some credibility..

the tape that came out after 9/11 of Osama confessing to being behind the attacks looks like a fake. The inconsistancies are clear if you look into it.. http://www.welfarestate.com/wtc/faketape/

then later we hear that he denied being involved in the attacks http://www.welfarestate.com/wtc/faketape/

why would osama lie about his involvement with the attacks if he's already wanted for terrorist crimes many times over?
You got it mixed up. Osama publicly denied he had any knowledge of the plot BEFORE the fake Osama video came out.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:45 AM       
Listen, I'm not denying that our own government may have had a hand in 9/11, but this was a slip of the tounge. And yes, I know about cognitive association, but like I said, I'll call my dog sometimes when I want to get my brother, and I've known him for 17 years. Like I said, it happens.
say what now?
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 11:10 AM       

I see what you're saying but cognitive association is more common in pathological liars. I'm not saying youre a liar. It happens more often with liars. Lying is a science and Cheney has to keep up with the layers of every lies and memorize every details of the lies he's spewed forth in the past god knows how long. Lying can also be very stressful, its no wonder Cheney takes 20 meds a day and drinks a lot to loosen up his stiff neck.

Once I've become a skeptic, I became commited to spreading the governments fables and the anamolies surrounding 9/11. Its called being an activist and I've become a part of the movement to spread the light. Its easy to get away with the murder of JFK because only one (or two) american was killed in the ordeal and i'm pretty sure a large group took part in it. PLus they didn't have an internet back then. But nearly 3000 civilians were killed in 9/11 and the attack itself nearly touched every heart of americans. I feel it's my job to contribute and keep people inform by using the internet as the tool. Once Ii've educated them what I know, they can pay it forward to the next group, hence transforming the movement into a larger group which will scare the shit out of the current administration. just like what you saw in the ending of V for Vendetta.

Think about how many people have been killed since Bush took power. Three more years of this, of feeling unsafe? Forget it. I believe 9/11 was more of an psychological operation than a terror attack. Although its still a terror attack, regardless of whoever orcestrated the event. The purpose of the PSYOP is to generate public surport for war in the middle east so the neocons meet their deranged agenda. One of the best ways is to put a halt to their destructive agenda is to expose the Bush Administration's involvement of 9/11 whether they orchestrated or allowed it to happen. If a person calls me mentally unstable because I have my doubts about 9/11 and try to use it as a tool to overthrow the neocons, then thats just fucking bizarre.
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 05:09 PM       
thanks for the correction geggy.. i guess i was speaking of when i heard the news.. not always in correct chronological order.

kahljorn said "I still don't get why the government would make a tape so obviously fake the fuckwits on this board could crack the mystery. Maybe so people will go, "That's too obvious to be true!"

it's mystifying, but results in lots of credibility for the incompetence theory explaining 9/11, i run into it all the time, people tell me 'george is a bafoon, what makes you think these idiots who skrewed up Iraq, New Orleans response etc. could carry out a demolition of the trade towers? hah, got me.. i can't argue with that very well.

another really strange one is why would they publish names of the hijackers when several of them were alive and well, then months later republish the names in the commission report?! oh my god, they must think the sheeple are even more incompetent than they are. the list of bizaare 'facts' submitted around 9/11 goes on and on.
Mocker

Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 05:59 PM       
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 07:12 PM       
Hey, Kev, can you run an IP check on Geggy and ranx?
Mocker

Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:02 PM       
It's cute how they finish each others sentences.
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:25 PM       
more people share the 9/11 doubts than you give credit to.

we will multiply or i'll move to canada, um, deadline being around 2008 maybe, unless i'm put in prison for attending the april 29 antiwar rally in ny, i'll have a different perspective from that i wrecken.
Mocker

Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:47 PM       
THIS IS WHAT CONSPIRACISTS LOOK LIKE! THIS IS WHAT CONSPIRATISTS SOUND LIKE!