Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 02:08 PM        Your anus is holy
'Holy Anus' stirs up unholy row
07/11/2005 22:52 - (SA)

Johannes de Viliers

Cape Town - Well-known campaigner against homosexuality Dr Peet Botha has come under fire because a section in his latest book is entitled The Anus is Holy.

Botha is a well-known speaker on the unacceptability of homosexual acts and in his book, Die Sinode en Homoseks (the synod and homosex), he warns that the church should stick to its stance on homosexual behaviour.

Now a debate is raging on the Kerkbode website about a section of this book in which Botha - based on physiological reasons - argues that people's bodies are not suited to sex with someone of the same gender.

The section is entitled The Anus is Holy.

An influential theologian and Botha, himself, have already jumped into the fray on the Kerkbode's website, Kletskerk (church chat).

Not his own opinion

One participant said the title illustrated "in a comical manner, the anti-gay lobby's fixation, and even fascination, with the sexual act between two men", and another believes it shows that heterosexual men think homosexual relationships concern only sex.

Botha defended himself by saying that the sanctity of the anus was not his own opinion, but something he found in a quotation by the "pro-homosexual" writer Ralph Barnard.

The Anus is Holy comprised only two chapters of his book and he did not intend to be banal or flippant, but to show people that it was wrong if people said the holiness of the body justified homosexual acts.

The convener of the Dutch Reformed Church's task team on homosexuality,Dr André Bartlett, also spoke up and accused Botha of inaccurate research.

Botha said he had decided against taking part in the debate any longer because the level of argument had become too personal and superficial.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 04:22 PM       
Holely!

Wherever you go, there you are.