DNF is almost done, apparently. To paraphrase the following news article:
They don't want to show it off just yet as if people see it they will not be all that impressed. I mean it's taken 10 years so alot of people will be expecting everything ever, to be in the game. Fact of the matter is it's based of reasonably old technology and if people see a few mediocre looking screenshots it might do more harm than good for the game's reputation. If, however, 3D Realms announce the game is done and release a few teaser videos fans will have something to get excited about.
"I want you... To Help Finish Me"
This might be advertising the thing 3dR where doing on their forum where members could give small scenarios for scripted sequences, for example looking through a window and seeing a pig cop stuffing money in a stipper's g-string - small things like that. They said they wouldn't say which suggestions they where using, they'd just put them in the game and if you're lucky you'll see your idea at some point in the game.
Kinda cool idea I thought.
"as much of a joke as Guns N' Roses now"
I saw them recently and I have to admit it was a good show, sure it could have been better and Axl is still acts like a child but it's fun hearing the old classics being played live.
ADDED: Some things which have happened since DNF was announced:
* Over 75 games based in the Mega Man universe, and 12 games featuring Mega Man universe character cameos were released.
* The Voyager 1 spacecraft has travelled 8.8 billion miles from Earth.
* 19 wars have begun. 5 wars have ended.
* Every single Grand Theft Auto game (13 of them!) was released.
* Over 350,000,000 consoles and handhelds were sold worldwide.
* Valve released both Half-Life 1 and 2, with several expansion packs and countless mods for each.