Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Geggy Geggy is offline
say what now?
Geggy's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Peebody
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 12:23 PM        Destroying evidence at guantanamo
The last time I checked, destruction of evidence and obstruction of justice are criminal offenses by US law.

Jailers at Guantanamo urged to destroy interrogation notes: lawyer
1 day ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) — US interrogators of "war on terror" detainees were instructed to destroy handwritten notes that might have exposed harsh or even illegal questioning methods at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, a lawyer for one of the prisoners said Sunday.

Navy Lieutenant Commander Bill Kuebler said in a statement sent to reporters he considers the notes crucial to the defense of his client, Canadian Omar Khadr, during his upcoming murder trial by a special military tribunal at the US naval base.

Kuebler said the instructions were handed down to interrogators from the US Department of Defense as part of a standard operating procedure or "SOP" directive that he obtained from prosecutors last week.

If they were carried out, US interrogators may have "routinely destroyed evidence" that might have been used to defend the Khadr and other detainees, Kuebler charged.

"If handwritten notes were destroyed in accordance with the SOP, the government intentionally deprived Omar's lawyers of key evidence with which to challenge the reliability" of alleged confessions made to military interrogators, Kuebler said.

He cited in particular one passage of the directive to military interrogators stating that "this mission has legal and political issues that may lead to interrogators being called to testify."

"Keeping the number of documents with interrogation information to a minimum can minimize certain legal issues," the policy statement said, according to Kuebler.

Khadr, 21, a Canadian, is the youngest detainee held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The son of a suspected Al-Qaeda financier, he is accused of being an enemy combatant in Afghanistan, where he was arrested as a 15-year-old in 2002 on suspicion of links to Al-Qaeda and of killing a US soldier.

Since then, Khadr has been held at the US naval base at Guantanamo Bay, and faces an upcoming US military commission on terrorism charges.

The controversial military tribunals were established by US President George W. Bush at the end of 2001 to deal with "war on terror" suspects.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...TXq9nLKc4AePGg
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Geggy Geggy is offline
say what now?
Geggy's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Peebody
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 12:26 PM       
"Khadr, 21, a Canadian, is the youngest detainee held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The son of a suspected Al-Qaeda financier, he is accused of being an enemy combatant in Afghanistan, where he was arrested as a 15-year-old in 2002 on suspicion of links to Al-Qaeda and of killing a US soldier."

Now with the destroying of evidence, we'll never be able to know if this accusation is actually true or not.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Jeanette X Jeanette X is offline
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: in my burrow
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 01:17 PM       
Shut the fuck up Geggy. I can't take anything you say seriously, you tin foil hat wearing 9/11 truther holocaust-denying ufo-watching bullshit-spouting fuckwit. If you told me the sky was blue I'd run outside and check, you arrogant, patronizing, ass. Even when you offer something valid its like sifting through a metric ton horse manure to find a penny. Who the fuck do you think you are, the great Messenger of Truth coming to enlighten us foolish, blind sheeple?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Geggy Geggy is offline
say what now?
Geggy's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Peebody
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 01:48 PM       
Quote:
the great Messenger of Truth coming to enlighten us foolish, blind sheeple
Lol I wish I was great. I think you're just scared shitless and just don't wanna face the facts. Period. Now go out there and find me osama bin laden.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Girl Drink Drunk Girl Drink Drunk is offline
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 02:08 PM       
I think the sad thing about this is that some these new posters are actually defending him and kissing his ass.
__________________
"Ignoring all the retarded anime shit and Guitar Woman fawning over a drawing to say that Toobin' is the best Tube similation since Virtual Bart."- Gadzooks
mockery.com/halloween/bag/costumequiz/default.php
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Geggy Geggy is offline
say what now?
Geggy's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Peebody
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 02:11 PM       
Awww where did you go?

You're displaying the typical intellectual of americans who deny that the history of nazi germany ever existed which i find more insulting and dangerous than those who deny the jewish holocaust. Once again i want to get through your thick skull, i never denied the jewish holocaust ever happened, I'm skeptical of the total number of jewish who were exterminated, because i was presented the facts.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Geggy Geggy is offline
say what now?
Geggy's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Peebody
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 02:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Drink Drunk View Post
I think the sad thing about this is that some these new posters are actually defending him and kissing his ass.
That is because more people are waking up. Turn off mtv and get on with the times.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Girl Drink Drunk Girl Drink Drunk is offline
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 02:20 PM       
I don't have, nor do I want, MTV, dickface. I think the crowd that watches that, or in my country's case, Much Music, would be more apt to believe your inane ramblings.
__________________
"Ignoring all the retarded anime shit and Guitar Woman fawning over a drawing to say that Toobin' is the best Tube similation since Virtual Bart."- Gadzooks
mockery.com/halloween/bag/costumequiz/default.php
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Geggy Geggy is offline
say what now?
Geggy's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Peebody
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 02:26 PM       
If you want to act like you are superior, throwing ad homien attacks isn't the way to go about it. it'll only slow you down.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Jeanette X Jeanette X is offline
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: in my burrow
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 03:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
Lol I wish I was great. I think you're just scared shitless and just don't wanna face the facts.
I can't face facts? I know damn well how deeply our president disregards civil liberties and human rights, I just don't trust what YOU have to say about it, you fuckwit.

Quote:
Once again i want to get through your thick skull, i never denied the jewish holocaust ever happened, I'm skeptical of the total number of jewish who were exterminated, because i was presented the facts.
What bullshit! You get your "facts" from a bunch of fellow conspiracy nuts, not from any academic consensus, you pseudo-intellectual. How am I supposed to take you seriously about the Holocaust when you put up a bunch of pictures of barbed wire fences and then sarcastically said that they were proof of concentration camps in America? And the thread where you put up a link the Auschwitz Museum where it suggested that the numbers for Majdanek concentration camp may have been overestimated and you put up a laughing smiley face and snide rhetorical questions? How am I to infer that you don't deny the Holocaust? How am I to to interpret your posts as anything but willingness to profoundly disrespect the victims of a genocide in order to make some idiotic political point?

You aren't interested in rational debate, you just want to be as provocative and shocking as possible because you think that we're complacent for not buying into your pet conspiracy theories, and you therefore see it as your holy duty to shock and jar us "sheeple" out of what you see as cognitive dissonance with your oh-so-clever and brilliant postings, you smug, self-satisfied prick. Oh, you provocateur! You wild political agitator! You revolutionary! Fight the power! You're so informed, what would we ever do without you to help us see through the lies?!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Geggy Geggy is offline
say what now?
Geggy's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Peebody
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 05:52 PM       
Bwhahaha you hypocrite.

I was only laughing at you people because you have not once taken my perspective seriously. Not once, instead you just mockmockmock and laughlaughlaugh at me. I'm not going to rehash my opinion every time I post and play ping pong with you. So I'm just going stand by and let time abide my side as it rolls on, I'm going to keep on posting articles and links until it become evident to you that my percpetion at least has some validity that the country is in danger. Few years ago, people have laughed at me when I expressed my opinion that we may very well be heading toward economic downturn. Tada! Look where we are now! 350,000 jobs have already been lost since january as of this year and the value of dollar is going in a downward spiral. You know how I knew? Because I at least listened to different opinions. And now you're going to keep moving the goal post one step back?

Btw I didn't get my facts on 9/11 from conspiracy websites. I got my facts from a general sergent who stood post at otis air force on the morning of 9/11. (tada! I'm from massachusetts and I've met a lot of ppl!) So why don't you shut the fuck up, stop mocking what you deem as a pet theory and at least for once consider that my perception has some validity?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Pub Lover Pub Lover is offline
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Mogadishu, Texas
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 06:06 PM       
No, Shut Up! :hum
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
No YouTube embeds in your sigs, poindexter.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
pac-man pac-man is offline
Oozes machismo
pac-man's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The High Ground
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 06:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X View Post
Shut the fuck up Geggy. I can't take anything you say seriously, you tin foil hat wearing 9/11 truther


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
gdd - do you actually post, or do you just officiate
I'd like to ask a follow-up question? Do you ever throw the first stone, or do you just always jump on an insult bandwagon after someone with something more clever to say has said it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
Vote for me, 2012!!
__________________
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Tadao Tadao is offline
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 06:34 PM       
Kinda like you're doing right now?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Geggy Geggy is offline
say what now?
Geggy's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Peebody
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 06:36 PM       


Sorry my sk2 camera sucked...

OH!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
pac-man pac-man is offline
Oozes machismo
pac-man's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The High Ground
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 06:37 PM       
John Kerry resembles Hermann Munster.
__________________
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Pub Lover Pub Lover is offline
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Mogadishu, Texas
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 06:55 PM       
LA LA LAAAAA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU GEGGY! MY FINGERS ARE IN MY HEARS AND I CAN'T HEAR THE WORDS ON THE SCREEN NOW!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
No YouTube embeds in your sigs, poindexter.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Jeanette X Jeanette X is offline
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: in my burrow
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 08:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post

I was only laughing at you people because you have not once taken my perspective seriously. Not once, instead you just mockmockmock and laughlaughlaugh at me.
I mockmockmock and laughlaughlaugh because you are stupidstupidstupid.

Quote:
I'm not going to rehash my opinion every time I post and play ping pong with you.
Jesus Christ, nobody asked you to! That's the last thing I'd ever want to do with my time!

Quote:
So I'm just going stand by and let time abide my side as it rolls on, I'm going to keep on posting articles and links until it become evident to you that my percpetion at least has some validity that the country is in danger.
The fact that you think that I'm unaware that the country is in trouble just shows how patronizing and arrogant you are. Do you really think that I've been asleep for the past eight years? I know damn well the country is in trouble, I just can't stand the bullshit spin you put on it. Do you honestly think that by bombarding the board with more and more links that I'll suddenly take you seriously? That I'll run weeping to you, throw myself at your feet, and mewl "Oh Geggy, please forgive me for not seeing your brilliance! You were right all along!"? Don't hold your breath, you vindictive child. You're just like Kulturekamf, posting his pseudo-philosophy here and expecting us all to fawn over him and supposed brilliance.

Quote:
Few years ago, people have laughed at me when I expressed my opinion that we may very well be heading toward economic downturn. Tada! Look where we are now! 350,000 jobs have already been lost since january as of this year and the value of dollar is going in a downward spiral.
My goodness, Cassandra the prophet here predicted a recession! Nobody else foresaw a recession! Why, surely that means that he's correct about the Holocaust and 9/11! Tell me more of your visions, you modern day Sybil! I shall set up a golden tripod at Delphi, and kings from the world over shall come to hear what you have to say!

Quote:
You know how I knew? Because I at least listened to different opinions.
I'm sure you have had many fascinating Socratic dialogues with the homeless man who lives behind the 7-11 and is convinced that the CIA is transmitting information to Illuminati through his fillings.

Quote:
Btw I didn't get my facts on 9/11 from conspiracy websites. I got my facts from a general sergent who stood post at otis air force on the morning of 9/11.
*gasp*
Why didn't you say so sooner?! That changes everything! Your claiming to know a military man who was a Otis Air Force on the morning of 9/11 totally validates everything you've said! Yes sir, I'm sure he's far more reliable a source than anything else out there!

Quote:
(tada! I'm from massachusetts and I've met a lot of ppl!)
Gosh-a-rootie! You're from MA and you've met a lot of people! What credentials you have!

Quote:
So why don't you shut the fuck up, stop mocking what you deem as a pet theory and at least for once consider that my perception has some validity?
I think the rest of my post is adequate explanation on why I will never take you seriously.

Last edited by Jeanette X : Jun 11th, 2008 at 12:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
pac-man pac-man is offline
Oozes machismo
pac-man's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The High Ground
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 08:26 PM       
__________________
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Girl Drink Drunk Girl Drink Drunk is offline
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 08:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post

I'd like to ask a follow-up question? Do you ever throw the first stone, or do you just always jump on an insult bandwagon after someone with something more clever to say has said it?
I'm pretty sure I was the first to insult you and Kybo, and I didn't need any convincing from other members to form the view that that this recent flock of idiots is one of the reasons why this forum is turning to shit.
__________________
"Ignoring all the retarded anime shit and Guitar Woman fawning over a drawing to say that Toobin' is the best Tube similation since Virtual Bart."- Gadzooks
mockery.com/halloween/bag/costumequiz/default.php
Reply With Quote
  #21  
pac-man pac-man is offline
Oozes machismo
pac-man's Avatar
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The High Ground
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 09:05 PM       
Oh, sorry G double D. I kinda don't pay you any attention, so I was really just going off of this thread. Sorry to turn your beloved forum to shit. There are others:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/
http://www.reuniting.info/node/362
http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/
__________________
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Girl Drink Drunk Girl Drink Drunk is offline
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 09:12 PM       
Yeah, that's too bad. You sure got me there.
__________________
"Ignoring all the retarded anime shit and Guitar Woman fawning over a drawing to say that Toobin' is the best Tube similation since Virtual Bart."- Gadzooks
mockery.com/halloween/bag/costumequiz/default.php
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Kybo Ren Kybo Ren is offline
ni kar'tayl gar darasuum
Kybo Ren's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cabot Cove, Maine
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 01:38 AM       
huh- I thought this thread was gonna be about evidence destruction, instead it's just ganging up on geggy. oh well, when in rome.....
What happened to the biker scout geggy? you need him giving gw a chest bump


I wish I could be the first to insult someone, that that is awesome!
__________________
Urgency without Panic, Action without Thoughtlessness.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Geggy Geggy is offline
say what now?
Geggy's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Peebody
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 06:13 AM       
Jeannette,

YEAH! So what is your opinion on the article in the first post?

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Geggy Geggy is offline
say what now?
Geggy's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Peebody
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 06:25 AM       
I remember this now

http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19566

I was mocking the website that had provided photographic evidence that detention camps were popping up all over the country. At the time, I thought it was work of fear mongering directed at political dissidents to silence them. But i soon learned that it was fo' real.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

   


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:40 AM.


© 2008 I-Mockery.com
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.