Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 10:33 AM        The Incredible Hulk
Has anybody seen it yet? I really didn't have high hopes for it, and after early reviews, I'm in no hurry to see it. It's not like the trailers, tv spots, and released footage have left much to the imagination anyway. I liked Ang Lee's adaptation, and it still stands as a one-of-a-kind take on the genre.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 01:37 PM       
ang lee's hulk was terrible aside from the action and fighting scenes.
Mexican Rambo Doll
Location: In your closet. Kinda like that homeless Japanese lady.
Lobo Tommy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 02:32 PM       
I LOVE Ed Norton. Definitely the greatest human being alive. And the Hulk is my favorite comic of all time, so I'm definitely going to see it.

I don't understand why everyone hated the first Hulk movie. I thought it had a cool style and mood.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 06:52 PM       
The first Hulk movie was bonkers. Especially when he dropped from the Stratosphere and there was a little tiny 'plunk' in the ocean. I loved it but in the same vain as Charlies Angels: Full Throttle. Off the Insano-meter.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 08:42 PM       
That'll be cool if Ed curbstomps Tim Roth at the end.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 01:44 PM       
For some reason I think they made him look dumb. Like, actually. His eyes are too far apart or too small or something.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 02:31 PM       
There have been some reports of Norton being rather unhappy with the final cut of the film (the original cut had about 45 minutes removed prior to release) which doesn't bode well.

Initial reviews seem to be taking the opinion that as a CGI action movie it works but all the character based stuff that Norton attempted to insert into the film doesn't, due to being so heavily cut.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 08:39 PM       
I saw it last night and completely enjoyed it. A fun action filled two hours.

I've always loved the Hulk, and I am one of the few who really liked Lee's version for it's character driven nature. This version, however, is a complete relaunch (no reference to the first film) and closely follows the television series with the television origin and theme music making an appearance. It's a great tribute, with a lot of great 'inside' stuff. This version also pretty much an inversion of Lee's Hulk as well...with action in place of character development and vice versa.

The CGI leaves a lot to be desired, but it's great to see The Hulk just smash shit up. Pure action movie, through and through...but don't go in expecting more.

As an added bonus, I didn't realize the film was shot in Toronto so the Epic final battle actually took place right in front of the strip club I bounced for...it was awesome!
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 09:55 PM       
Very good comic book movie. Like I said, I liked the last one, and this one was just as good. Not better, not worse. They were flawed in different areas, and if I think they got a director and writer on board that would take a little from column A and a little from column B, a really great Hulk movie would be born.

The CGI is CGI. I'm close to giving up hope that it will come much further anytime soon. Say what you will about Lee's Moutain Dew-green Hulk, but he was just as credible as the one that is on display here. The pacing was great, but the editing seemed choppy. I'm no filmmaker, but it just didn't seem to flow as well as better action movies. It lacked a lot of character depth and pathos, but not as much as some reviews would lead you to believe. Ed Norton's acting chops weren't on full display, but given what he had to work with, he certainly made the grade. Bill Bixby is still the definitive Dr. Banner. Jennifer Connelly and Sam Eliot were better as Betty and General Ross, respectively, than Liv Tyler and William Hurt. However, both fit and played the roles well and hopefully they'll be given more breathing room in a sequel. The homages to the TV show were fun for me, as were the winks to The Leader, SHIELD, and The Avengers.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Mocker
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 07:04 AM       
I have yet to see the new hulk. I do like the way they had hulk look in the the first movie opposed to this one. he liked more straight out of a comic book in the last one.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 08:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708 View Post
ang lee's hulk was terrible aside from the action and fighting scenes.
Dumb comment is dumb. It was an action movie. With fights. If you went for the dialogue you should be hulk smashed.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 02:12 PM       
hulk vs iron man! whooohooo!!!
Mocker
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 07:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain View Post
Dumb comment is dumb. It was an action movie. With fights. If you went for the dialogue you should be hulk smashed.
No i wanted a pure action movie which this one is promising to be. I didn't go into ang lee's expecting a great story and was very disappointed when it was more than just bad. actions movies generally should try to remain action movies and not go into retarded father/son issues. then lets make the father into a super shitty villain! dumb comment is dumb

and would it be so hard to have the hulk say his fucking catch phrases.
Ringmonster
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 09:49 PM       
The Hulk comic wasn't an action comic. It was a comic book about a tormented man and anti-hero. There was and still is a hell of a lot going on there, with a lot of layers. The television show did the best job of capturing that.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 10:08 PM       
It's like saying the tv show Kung Fu is an action show.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 08:51 AM       
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2008, 07:32 PM       
This was a really enjoyable movie. I will be reviewing it next week, most likely.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 03:50 AM       
i liked my favorite part is that they are triying to connect the whole marvel universe in movies wich i think is awesome

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Mocker
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 03:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain View Post
So I rewatched the movie to see if I gave it an unfair chance. Its def not action movie in the classic sense of the word as you so humbly tried to point out to me. It takes 40 minutes for the first piece of action with the hulk smashing shit up in his lab. Most actions movies are like an hour and a half which means the first 40 minutes normally isn't compltly action free. There were also 3 dream sequences in the first 30 minutes. I hated the dream sequences and the movie was full of them ending in the worst one with the hulk following in the sky.

I do like how the Hulk looked, I love all the action sequences and I liked ang lee's style of filming in respect to the points where he makes it appear to be paneled like a comic book. I didn't even hate the dialogue, I just hated the whole father/son dynamic because it was terriblly done and i hated the main villian which leaves me with a bad impression of the movie. I will rewatch any action sequence from that movie thou. and who the fuck like picked that weirdo i forget his name to play the part of bruce banners father
Ringmonster
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 09:36 PM       
I mean no offense by this, but how old are you? I ask because I'm wondering if you've ever read the classic comics or watched the television series. I think the major reason so many were disappointed with The Hulk is because they were not familiar with the character and just expected a movie depicting a monster smashing things up.

I think that people familiar with the character, the father son storyline (which is explored in the comics) and the anti-hero aspects of The Hulk were really pleased with the first movie.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 11:22 PM       
I felt that way with the first movie. It really wasn't that bad, though some character decisions had to be made that didn't truly reflect the comic.
Mocker
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 11:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud View Post
I mean no offense by this, but how old are you? I ask because I'm wondering if you've ever read the classic comics or watched the television series. I think the major reason so many were disappointed with The Hulk is because they were not familiar with the character and just expected a movie depicting a monster smashing things up.

I think that people familiar with the character, the father son storyline (which is explored in the comics) and the anti-hero aspects of The Hulk were really pleased with the first movie.
I'm 22. I didn't read comics as a child and def am not old enough to remember the show when ti was on although I have seen a few episodes and would like to watch the complete series since its suppose to rule. I didn't say I thought Hulk was just about smashing things, that was Mcclain who called my comment dumb because i only liked the action scenes in what he said was a movie just bout hulk smashing. I do want him to say hulk smash thou! I know the hulk is more than just smashing things and i like the anti-hero aspect of him(i always liked anti-heroes like punisher and wolverine) but after seeing the 2003 hulk movie my opinion became that hollywood would probably do another bad story imo instead of concentrating on the action which in my opinion was clearly the best parts of the film. I'm not even an action movie junkie. I'd much prefer a movie with a great story opposed to one with mindless action but I didn't see that in the 2003 hulk movie and the tainted experience left me just wanting a pure action hulk movie since the action scenes ruled. That wasn't my problem with the film that it wasn't sole action but I did not know the father/son issue is explored in the comics and I guess that makes ang lee decision's more practical. My problem was I felt that it was a bad story with a bad villain and inr etrospect i thought that they should of just did a pure action movie because that seems to be where it excelled.

I look forward to seeing the new film and hoping the extended version makes it onto dvd with the extra NON ACTION scenes because i believe ed norton will probably be a hell of alot better actor than who ever played banner in the 2003 flick.
Forum Virgin
eliz.lanier is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 11:04 AM       
I really liked it, Edward Norton was really good but maybe I'm a bit biased because I've always like him. The face of the Hulk looked strange to me. Something with the eyes like MarioRPG said. I think they were trying to show,"Oh he's still human!" But it just looked strange.

And I think Liv Tyler is beautiful but she wasn't a very believable doctor. She talks in a sort of slow way that gets on my nerves, she just doesn't seem very bright to me.
Banned
badboy7 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 01:27 PM       
Awesome movie, very good graphics , better then previous part...
Forum Virgin
Dannibal is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 09:14 PM       
So....does anyone else think the new Avengers movie will be Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America vs the Hulk? And then maybe fight something once big green is on board?