Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 05:52 AM        Apple Fucking Suck
About a year ago I started reading Digg regularly. Since then I've come to the realisation that Apple fanboys are basically the worst people on the entire Internet, closely followed by Apple the company. God I hate them so much. What really pushed me over the edge was the new Apple anti Vista ads. You'd think that having just released a new operating system they could think of something to talk about besides "Omg how about that Windows thing, it sucks right?". It's like they have a 12 year old kid in charge of their marketing who thinks the highest form of argument in favor of their product is to poke unfounded insults at the competition. I believe it's called ad hominem.
Another thing that pisses me off is how Apple nerds think it's completely hilarious when someone says something along the lines of "Hey did you know Microsoft used a Mac to make one of their commercials! hahaomg" as if Apple have never used a Microsoft product for anything ever. In reality I'm sure the entire manufacturing process of a Mac uses Windows, the logistical services of shipping the Macs probably uses Windows, all the components used inside a Mac were probably designed using Windows based CAD software. I would probably go so far as to say every single aspect of mac design and production would at some point involve some kind of Windows based machine. But then I guess thats not the point of a Mac - they're for fun things like watching Quicktime trailers and listening to your music on iTunes. Man I'd love to be able to do that so much on my shitty Windows PC, instead I have to settle for playing all the latest video games, watching Quicktime trailers, listening to music on iTunes (fyi I don't use iTunes it fucking sucks) and doing anything else I want because I'm not locked into a queer OS that no one actually produces software for.

I really wish Apple would just shut the fuck up and get on with making their stupid computers without making such a song-and-dance about it. IT'S A COMPUTER. It's not a lifestyle choice. It doesn't define your personality. It doesn't give you super creativity powers. IT'S A FUCKING COMPUTER.

Don't get me wrong, there are some things I like about the Mac OS but as I'm sure I've posted before, I would never buy a Mac just to avoid the minute possibility that it would turn me into one of those queers.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 03:57 PM       
I was contemplating buying a Mac Mini to use as a media center. I still am. It's got Boot Camp, buggy as it is.

I think the main difference is that Apple is a hardware company that makes computers and the PC is just a standard. Microsoft (predominantly) makes software. They don't make the computer. Both OS's look asthetically pleasing
so Apple's whole "We're super fun!" campaign doesn't really hold water for me.
You could make either multimedia or productivity oriented.

Personally, I don't like OS. Been that way ever since I had to use iMacs in the 4th grade. I don't think I'll change anytime soon. The Mac Tablet may change me, but it'd have to kick major ass.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 03:07 AM       
In case you never saw it, this is pretty much how I sum up my thoughts on the whole Mac vs. PC issue:
http://www.i-mockery.com/pixelpals/d....php?issue=174
LOLI brainnn eater
ZAKO the GREAT is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 10:21 PM       
damn, i'm one of those queer-sickfucks

I-Mockery: a serious place for serious people.seriously. - Mockery
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 24th, 2007, 12:59 AM       
it's okay for you, because you're in graphic design :<
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2007, 10:53 PM       
Operating systems are an inconvenient way to make a user interface. Embedded systems are far superior, but people are too comfortable using operating systems now to make the switch.

Nobody really wants to interact with the operating system... they just want to run their applications and they have to go through the OS as an inconvenience.

All the main stream operating systems suck (Mac, Windows, Linux) because they are all taking the approach that more is better. I'd rather them scale it down and get the operating system out of my resources as much as possible.

I use windows though because I do a lot of CAD work and those tools aren't available on a Mac. Also, I regularly use Hyperterminal and it is standard with windows.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 25th, 2007, 03:55 PM       
i miss working in dos :<
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 01:51 PM       
I think the whole Mac/PC thing is lame, but neither am I anxious to ditch XP for Vista.

My boss got a PC from Dell that had Vista on it, and he spent half the day removing it and installing XP.

Forum Virgin
HungryWantBiddy is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 03:00 PM       
Dr. Boogie, you have a boss? All this time I thought you were the boss. My perceptions of you have been shattered! And to think, your rom hack reviews and carpal tunnel diatribe are what brought me onto the site and into these forums.

disappointedface.

oh yeah, and XP > Vista...big time
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:12 PM       
I switched to Mac a couple of years ago and am very happy with the platform. That said, reading morons on Digg makes me realize why Apple users have such a bad name. Vista is not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be, and I don't know why anybody would complain about XP - it's definitely more stable than Leopard in my experience.

Apple fans are summed up nicely in the Apple Product Lifecycle:

http://www.misterbg.org/AppleProductCycle/