Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 05:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubfest View Post
Develope a ridiculous sneezing allergy, and have no antihistamenes. Feel the burn!
That's not too far off for me, actually.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 08:00 AM       
Its 2 days after, and it still hurts. Six pack in no time.
Darryl is probably a spambot
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 06:53 PM       
This thread brought to you by the Sneezemaster
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 09:54 PM       
what's your sneezing 1RM, brah?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 11:00 AM       
I miss my six pack abs.

Now I have 'sick fat flabs'

Good news is the new place has a nice workout facility that is free for me to use. So I can get the body fat down a bit
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 07:38 PM       
I am now awaiting the arrival of the p90x workout that I ordered. It looks like a perfect mix of Chojin and Kahljorn. Then I will succeed at it, post the results, show that they were both right, and there will be peace and love in the big gay world of buffness.

THERE WILL BE NO "BEFORE" PICTURE, BITCHES; ONLY "AFTER."
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 11:12 AM       
I haven't heard any convincing arguments for or against p90x, I just know that it's something of a fad.

I don't see what's so complicated about just counting calories and lifting heavy shit with a flat bench, squat rack, barbell, and weights, but GODSPEED
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 11:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
I haven't heard any convincing arguments for or against p90x, I just know that it's something of a fad.

I don't see what's so complicated about just counting calories and lifting heavy shit with a flat bench, squat rack, barbell, and weights, but GODSPEED
Everyone I have ever heard says cardio is necessary. So I can see where the skepticism about what you described would be coming from.
Will chop you good.
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 02:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post

I'm just giving you shit, kitten. I've done what you're talking about many times over the last fifteen years, and it does work. I've also done something similar to the p90x workout, and it works too- right now, I'm just more interested in endurance-related training without sacrificing strength.

All of this stuff will benefit you, and I'd certainly rather see people arguing about which workout method is better than which flavor of Doritos or Zingers is better.
was never good
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 02:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Everyone I have ever heard says cardio is necessary. So I can see where the skepticism about what you described would be coming from.
You don't even have to lift weights. It isn't a NEW DIET SECRET, it's just common sense that if you eat less than you use, you'll lose weight. WHERE you'll lose it is another story (and why I'd recommend lifting weights in addition to dieting), but you will lose fat regardless of whatever else the fuck you're doing if you eat ~500 calories under your body's basal metabolic rate (adjusted for activity level).
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 06:11 PM       
Whoa chojin don't you think that's a little harsh? I don't even have to exercise to stay thin.

Also don't you think you should have had a longer transitional period between FAT GUY and FAT GUY HATER cause mostly everything you say sounds so self-loathing even when you're targeting it at others :O
was never good
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 05:57 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
Whoa chojin don't you think that's a little harsh? I don't even have to exercise to stay thin.
That's.. what I just said.

Quote:
Also don't you think you should have had a longer transitional period between FAT GUY and FAT GUY HATER cause mostly everything you say sounds so self-loathing even when you're targeting it at others :O
That's.. part of where the rage comes from.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 10:04 PM       
I just read the last part of this thread, so pardon me if I repeat shi* somebody else has already said.

I personally think high intensity training, some cardio, and a proper diet is the best way to lose weight while making gains. So keep that in mind when you read the bottom half of this Dude-Bruh post.

If it matters, I own p90x and used it some years ago. If you follow the instructions and eat correctly, then you'll def be really strong/ripped(this obviously depends on your current physique, the amount you lift, your reps, your diet, and how much you're willing to push yourself).

I don't use it anymore because I've always done high intensity workouts that last about an hour. Plus sometimes I just like going to the gym to use machines that I feel work certain muscles better (resistance machines seem to work my chest a bit better than free weights). P90x is really helpful for people who are too lazy to educate themselves on how the body works, and as well as what it means to have a proper diet. P90x is also helpful for people who don't have the time/money for a gym membership or who are self conscious about their body.

Really at the end of the day this is what I think you should do in order to lose weight and gain muscle:

Change your workout routine every 4-6 weeks with a week or so of rest in between. You can do some light cardio or light weight, but give your body a chance to reset. After it has start working out on the regular basis you normally do, but do completely different exercises that work the same muscles. P90x uses this technique very, very well.

Don't kill yourself in the gym. I personally don't see why anyone should be working out for more than 1 1/2 hours unless they are going for some type of competition or if they have to do full body routines due to their life's schedule. With that said, don't fu*k around in the gym either. If you want to admire Cardio Bunnies and goof off with your buddies then just go to the bar like the rest of America. Take care of business in the gym, don't cheat yourself.

Lift enough weight and keep near perfect form. I noticed that I had plateaued a few months ago and couldn't seem to make anymore gains. I worked on my form and decided to lift 75-80% of my max rep. I generally try to make it to 8 reps before I get completely exhausted. If I can only make it to 2-3, that's fine too. I stop when my form is compromised. When you compromise your form you're only cheating yourself, imo, and also you could really hurt yourself.

Eat, eat, and eat. If you're not eating then you're not growing. You need to eat proper meals and snacks virtually around the clock. I try to eat around 180-220g of protein a day(I know I should be eating more, but I personally don't want to be a "big" guy.). I always try to keep some type of snack in my vehicle so that way I never go a couple of hours without eating something. At the end of the day, I feel that your body looking nice is 85% your diet and 15% working out. I feel that changing your diet is more of a lifestyle change and not a "diet." People ask me if I'm on a diet all the time and I just tell them, "Nah, I just don't eat that shi*." Cokes, fast foods, fried foods, candy, etc. have all been cut out of my diet. I eat some every now and then, but I believe that's how it should be and not the norm.

Don't neglect your core/find your weakest spot. Core exercises may be dull to some (including myself), but they really give you the most bang for your buck. You may not see shredded abs from power cleans or dead lifts, but your strength will shoot through the roof. How many curls can you do? Now how many over hand pull-ups can you do while raising your legs? Which do you think makes you stronger of the two? Find out what you suck at and then fix it because it will probably help the muscles around it grow. For instance I have a buddy who can't seem to get his biceps any bigger, but the dummy won't work on his deltoids. I don't know about yall, but I'm not really use to seeing guys with huge biceps and no shoulders.

Don't worry about what the guy next to you in the gym is doing or what your friends are doing. Fuc* them. Know what you want to look like and learn how to get there. At the end of the day it's about your goals, so don't try to get a big dic* and try to cut corners in order to lift a 100lb dumbell just because Bruto next to you is doing it.

That's all I got for this thread. Once again I didn't read anything but the last page, so sorry if I'm just repeating shi*. Also, I'm not a doctor or scientist or some s*it, so take my advice with that in mind. Also, I feel like such a Dude-Bruh right now that I think I'm going to explode. Plz forgive me for this fgt post.
was never good
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 02:14 AM       
I agree with all of that, MJ. Core exercises - especially Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, and Chin-ups - are so important that you can basically just do those exercises and nothing else and get some great results. When I'm putting together a workout plan I like to divide my work into push/pull days and center the workouts around those core exercises (I do barbell rows instead of chin-ups though because I can't go over 2 reps on them).
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 05:05 AM       
Quote:
That's.. what I just said.
That's.. not what I was responding to.
Will chop you good.
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 09:41 AM       
I went with p90x because I got tired of weight routines I had been doing, plus I'm lazy when it comes to planning workouts and prefer to have it spelled out. That applies to the diet as well. I suck at meal planning. When I don't stick to eating right, I don't feel as good, and I skip workouts. So here I have the whole thing laid out before me, and I think it will be easier to stick with it.
was never good
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 06:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
That's.. not what I was responding to.
My mistake, I saw that you had said 'Chojin' and thought you were talking to me.
BANNED

Old Jan 14th, 2010, 07:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by chojin
Nah, girls just like cardio because it isn't hard, they're terrified of becoming Chyna, and their shitty health mags tell them it's awesome. Also, they can watch Oprah while they do it.

This also explains kahljorn, btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahl
:O
that should make it easier for your precious mind
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:43 PM       
dear experts,

since legs are pretty important for walking and stuff and in my case make up over half of my structure, i think i should start with them on my quest to improve my physique. plus they need the most work how can i fix them?
Spoilers!

would yoga stuff work? cause i dont think i can lift weights with 'em

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:51 PM       
I can't really tell from that angle, but it looks like you have no calf muscle.

I would suggest bike riding to start.
BANNED

Old Jan 14th, 2010, 09:33 PM       
lol you can just like run/hike ;/
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 09:37 PM       
Bike riding is better cause it's low impact, but your young so w/e.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 09:44 PM       
walk everywhere on tiptoes
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 09:55 PM       
running and hiking are two of my favorite things, i'm pretty sure running is what has caused the suckyness in the first place

i haven't biked in like 5 years though, would that make a difference?

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
BANNED

Old Jan 14th, 2010, 10:02 PM       
What is it you want to change about your legs? they look fine to me ;/