Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 01:56 AM       
Plus, Harry Potter doesn't have laser statues.

Neverending Story is also cooler because it never had a homo ad campaign.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2003, 02:23 AM       
Well, I don't think I need to read any books to know how fucking annoying and stupid "dobby" is along with how they FUCKED UP ELVES.

Neverending story is what I watched as a kid and I liked it, damnit. I didn't see the main kid's face all over the fucking place and I didn't see any obsessed fans either. I hate shit that gets so fucking popular you see it everywhere in public so I can't ever like harry potter.

That was very funny. Well done.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 06:58 AM       
I think Daphne is right. "Sorceror" certainly sounds a lot more occult than "Philosopher", as I sincerely doubt that most idiotic American parents have the slightest clue what a philosopher's stone is anyway.
Daphne is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 09:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X
And Retro Kat is right. The Harry Potter series can't possibly be as cool as The Neverending Story, because Harry Potter doesn't ride a giant flying dog-thing...(weren't they called luck-dragons or something?)
I want a dog-thing too...are they easy to housetrain?
I'd agree with you, I love the luck dragon and Atreyu (1st crush on a boy!), but Bastian "they weren't horses they were unicorns" makes me want to shove needles in my eyes. I hate that mincing faggot. I fast forward all the parts with that apple eating fuckwit (except when he chases the bullies).

Harry Potter didn't 'ruin' elves. They have 'house elves'. It just so happens I can't stand the house elves, but that's besides the point '
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 03:48 PM       
i found dobby much more annoying in the movie than in the book.

and i agree that sorceror would piss the right-wingers off more. my mom, for example, can't stand anything about harry potter 'cause she feels watching and reading about anything related to witchcraft pulls one out from under god's umbrella-like protection. ()

and hating something based on its advertising is pretty lame.

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 04:57 PM       
I'm going with Harry Potter, if only because the books, while not completely original or thought-provoking, are certainly a good time, for me at least. Well, saying that they're not thought-provoking is stretching it a bit, since they're not really designed to be read by 26-year-olds. I mean, the whole muggle=mudblood angle at least gives kids a decent view(if they're smart enough) on the shitheadedness of racism. For the older cynics, yeah, it just reeks of propaganda, but fuck it. At least she's doing her part to try to teach kids something that's still(unfortunately) relevant in modern society.

Really looking forward to the movie version of "Prisoner of Az-Kaban", if only because Gary Oldman signed on to be Sirius Black, who I always thought to be damn near perfect for the role.

Okay, since this is still somewhat on-topic for the Harry Potter fans, who do you think(sorry, I don't know if they've already cast a replacement) would be a good alternative for Dumbledore, since the actor who portrayed him(Richard Thomas, or something like that???) died of what I believe were cancer-related issues? I really can't think of anybody, myself.[/i]

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...

Old May 6th, 2003, 04:59 PM       
I don't hate Potter because of the ad campaign, I hate the books, movies, and the fucking Harry Potter shampoo anyway.

It's just the icing on the cake of annoyance.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 05:02 PM       
Quote:
my mom, for example, can't stand anything about harry potter 'cause she feels watching and reading about anything related to witchcraft pulls one out from under god's umbrella-like protection.
Maybe that she blacks out the part of the Bible where Solomon consults a witch,?

Is she against Dungeons and Dragons as well?
Old May 6th, 2003, 05:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generator86

Really looking forward to the movie version of "Prisoner of Az-Kaban", if only because Gary Oldman signed on to be Sirius Black, who I always thought to be damn near perfect for the role
Oh hell yeah! He and Snape (Rickman) were who I pictured in my head when I read the books. I wanted Jude Law to play Lupin, but oh well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generator86
Okay, since this is still somewhat on-topic for the Harry Potter fans, who do you think(sorry, I don't know if they've already cast a replacement) would be a good alternative for Dumbledore, since the actor who portrayed him(Richard Thomas, or something like that???) died of what I believe were cancer-related issues? I really can't think of anybody, myself.[/i]
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Gambon,%20Michael

I was sort of hoping Ian McKellen would get it, pulling off the nerd hat trick

All kidding aside, I think the Perfect Dumbledore would be John Neville.
ineffable

Old May 6th, 2003, 05:29 PM       
Quote:
Maybe that she blacks out the part of the Bible where Solomon consults a witch,?
i don't remember hearing about that in sunday school. :P

Quote:
ohyah.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2003, 06:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie
and hating something based on its advertising is pretty lame.
Well, when you can't turn on a tv, be around large groups of people, or be in a fucking store without seeing or hearing harry potter before reading the books and generally getting a chance to like the series, it kinda ruins it for you, ok?

Daphne: They've still taken a classic fantasy race and fucked it up horribly .

Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 06:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie
Quote:
i don't remember hearing about that in sunday school. :P

Quote:
ohyah.
Oh wait...it was Saul, not Solomon. My mistake. The passage is 1 Samuel 28:7. Ask her if she has read the passage and if she is proposing that it be cut from the Bible, if she feels that reading about anything related to witchcraft is a sin.

Here, this website will contain some excellent information to defend roleplaying with: http://www.theescapist.com/ In Monopoly, you don't become a slumlord, and in Hangman, you don't hang the loser. Tell her that.
Old May 7th, 2003, 10:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
Daphne: They've still taken a classic fantasy race and fucked it up horribly .
Aren't you required by law to snort and push up your glasses before you say something like that?

They aren't 'elves' they are 'house elves'. And if it's fantasy, can't she make them however she likes? Plus, you haven't read the books that have house elves in them, so how do you know what's fucked up and what isn't?
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2003, 12:25 PM       
I'm pretty sure that Santa's elves weren't supposed to be "Tolkienesque" either...is that a problem for you as well, Zomboid?
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2003, 12:58 PM       
No more presents for Zomboid
ineffable

Old May 7th, 2003, 12:58 PM       
zomboid, you lesbian. :P
The Wolf
Old May 7th, 2003, 05:47 PM       
But christmas elves....ALRIGHT FINE. I JUST WANTED TO JUSTIFY MY HATRED FOR THAT FUCKING ANNOYING CGI "ELF"

Happy? Bastards.

Sadie: You're the lesbo, not I

Old May 8th, 2003, 12:33 AM       
YOU COULD HAVE SAID THEY'RE GNOMES, CABLE FAN