Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 07:48 PM       
I think it means i need this game, Helm.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 07:51 PM       

Goddamn it.

Chojin has started up yet another character.

Ah Jesus

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, ALESIA

Well, no matter how bad your life gets, at least you're not a big pink guy called Moles Quibus.

Or Vulg Painbrain.

Last mission I tried, I ran into these guys. I'd had quite the winning streak earlier with no real idiots in my teams, but now they all showed up at once. Worst of all was the warrior Kevin Crisp, who insisted everyone should "w8 4" him every ten minutes so he could get another coke. He was also quite the comedian.

Oh, what surprise lol he wants another lol drink lol

lol we were attacked while we were w8ing 4 u lol

oh s o u t h p a r k w8 lol

lol did u forg8 teh 4 times i rezzd u lol and de fact i did 10 t1m35 the damg u evr did lol
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 10:52 PM       
So prepare to see my new sword in ACTION

HEY! YOU!

ZOK

CROONK

SPETCH

And in PVP!

ZOUND
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 10:47 AM        A NEW DEVELOPMENT!
I'm griding in pre-sear right now so that I can be the toughest kid in newbietown. FOR KICKS.

So anyway, I found out something interesting. I was in the middle of a field when Emily called and wanted me to drive 40 minutes in the rain in rush hour traffic. I left Guild Wars on. When I come back, I find that I'm at a respawn point and an Ice Elemental is camping me every time I respawn. But here's the kicker - Ice Elementals are level 3, and this guy was level 6, meaning that he was getting XP from killing me and levelling up. When I finally met hammer to his face, I got 96xp from him, and I usually only get 16xp from these guys.

SO, THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO EXPERIMENT.

I recommend doing this with ice elementals because they're already level 3 and they appear close to the respawn zone. From Foible's Fair, go piss off the Stone Elementals on your left, and bring them up to the Academy monk. Then, run back down the path to the left to lure the Academy Monk away from the respawn zone (Othewise he'll just kill your Ice Elementals later. You'll have to waste a few stone elementals to get the Monk out of aggro range of the respawner). Now go down the path to the right, piss off an Ice Elemental, and slowly run back to the respawn. Let it kill you, then minimize the game and do something else. Wait a few hours (This time will be far less if you have someone high-ish level that can get killed, because the monster will get more XP for killing someone higher level. To make this completely efficient, get a class without a lot of hitpoints.). Then, kill the elemental and get your XP.

This is only really valuable if you're trying to maximize level in pre-sear - I've only done one quest, and that was to get my skills. After I stop getting XP from monstars, I can do all the quests to finish up my XP.

But theoretically, you could get to level 20 in pre-sear using this trick. Given a year or so.

Who here cares? Show of hands.

Code:
EXPERIMENT 1:

11:45 am - Level 3
12:00 pm - Level 4
12:15 pm - Level 5
12:32 pm - Level 5
1:55 pm - Level 8
2:20 pm - Level 8
2:54 pm - Level 9
3:48 pm - Level 10

Killing it at Level 10 netted me 136 XP (I'm level 8 with this character). Unfortunately, it dropped a collector's item instead of a weapon, so I don't know if levelling monsters improves their drops yet. Interestingly enough, the monster did no more damage at level 10 than 3, although its hitpoints did increase.
*ALSO: This may affect the quality of dropped items, which is exponentially more valuable. (Getting a max damage hammer in pre-sear would be jawsome.)
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 11:01 AM       
As this is the complete opposite of 'fun' in my book, I really don't care to try it.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 03:43 PM       
ok folks i have got two guys, one elementalist/ranger and one warrior/necromancer which one would be more useful for funtime
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 04:01 PM       
do you wanna stand at the back and rain death on your enemy or get up in his face and smash it up?

there are no useless classes in this game. only useless players.
Mocker
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 05:17 PM       
But if you use the one that's part ranger, you can have PETS.

Unless that's a primary skill. If that is the case, no pets ;_;
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 05:21 PM       
yeah i have got a pet on the one guy, and both of them are in post-searing too
Mocker
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 05:25 PM       
Cool. What's your main character's name?
OH GOD
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 05:46 PM       
I DON'T REMEMBER

my warrior-necro's name is Dovard Kardonnal i think
was never good
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 06:35 PM       
Cool. All your characters are linked, so I sent you a guild invite. Go to menu -> Guild and accept it.
OH GOD
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 06:44 PM       
i will as soon as i get off work ;(
was never good
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 06:57 PM       
Because I hate to be boring, I'll just edit my post above with my EXPERIMENT RESULTS instead of making pages upon pages of data that no-one but me and possibly Eggyolk care about.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 04:12 PM       
it's rather interesting, and I have noticed that monsters level up when fighting them. i suppose the reason the damage doesnt increase, even in skills is because the physical melee damage can be associated with a weapon and it is clear that they don't change weapons. For some reason, it appears that they also don't get anymore skill points with level ups.

I've also noticed that when you see a monster wielding some equipment, that monster tends to drop it. They also take on the features of that item, such as if it was carrying a +5 armor shield and every other monster was carrying a +2 armor shield, you would notice the damage difference on the two.

hope someone understands it :o
OH GOD
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 04:24 PM       
hey i bet if you had two people by the respawn place the monster'd level up faster cause it would have something to do while the other guy waited ten seconds to resurrect
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jul 9th, 2005, 09:18 PM       
I don't think that would make a difference, willie, unless one person left before the other killed it mass level boosting on one person
OH GOD
Old Jul 10th, 2005, 03:24 AM       
oh wait in pre-sear resurrection's instantaneous isn't it i was thinking of the like 10 second resurrection delay that happens post-searing
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 01:55 AM       
yep this game blows

ive been realizing it for a while. its just too damn repetitive. there is never anything to spend gold on, so it's worthless, and the game seems to have been shipped half way completed, opting instead to send updates over the course of years.

fuck it, WoW here i come.
Mocker
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 12:17 PM       
If you found GW too repetitive, you'll prolly hate WoW too. RPGs are repetitive by their nature. Subscription-based online ones, even moreso.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 12:48 PM       
yeah, this game kinda sucks but maybe it's just cuz it doesn't run very well on my computer. fucking gamestop and their 7 day return policty
was never good
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 01:04 PM       
It's pretty and has fun parts, but is mostly very short and the point of the game is clearly GVG, which is also a bit limited. But the simple design makes it a lot easier to approach.

Only reason I haven't been playing lately is that I've been busy with business. I believe I've already gotten my $50 of fun from the title, though, so I'm far from unsatisfied.

Yolk, did you just leave the guild or cancel your account entirely? I still need help on Iron Mines of Moladune and the attribute point quests ;_;
Mocker
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 01:15 PM       
Is there much to do after you hit 20? Cuz I got 3 levels left to go.

edit: I also don't think it's particularly short on content, it's just all so linear that you can blow thru what would be days worth of "content" in some other game that made you run all over the world to get a quest done.
was never good
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 01:30 PM       
Level 20 doesn't mean a lot, really - It just means that your skills are maxed (aside from attribute quests). It'd say at least a third of the game takes place after you hit level 20, assuming you didn't just run through missions.

All future GW expansions will have level 20 characters in mind, you can only go to the Underworld and Fissure Of Woe if you're level 20 (special dungeons with the best drops in the game), and you should only participate in GVG when level 20.

So in reality, most of the meat of the game happens after 20, but you can't level up anymore. Think of levels 1-19 as the pre-season.
Oh God
Gurlugon is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 01:31 PM       
I like the game. I won't even bother asking to join the guild until I get a few more levels and quest progress under my belt.