Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ihach is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 08:40 PM        Dynasty Warriors 4
Anyone know when this is coming? I havent seen much, but if it improves on 3 ill be addicted for months
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 08:45 PM       
I don't get this series. But it should be out by March.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:34 AM       
I have number 3 but haven't played it that much since I got it discounted when I first got my PS2. Anybody play that 'Xtreme Dynasty Warriors 3' version?
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:35 AM       
dude, you absolutely have to stop reviving old threads, if you wanna discuss, thats great, but use the current topics please
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 01:52 PM       
dont act so fucking high and mighty ihach, this thread is only a week old.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 03:02 PM       
so sorry italian, i figured if no one had anything to say about it the first time round.... but if you have a comment, then by all means....
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 06:33 PM       
it was something i was reading at the time about DW 4, but i cant find it now :/
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 06:38 PM       
I still don't get this series.

Like, 50 different characters, and it doesn't matter who you pick. Ever. They all have different weapons, but it doesn't matter. They're not different at all.

Then you run around huge areas, whacking away on the X button to attack in combos. You don't need to do anything else. You can literally close your eyes, run around at random and hit the X button. I know because I've done so.

So what's so great about this series?
Legislacerator
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 06:43 PM       
the sheer joy of racking up 5000+ kills in various historical battles of the Three Kingdoms period of China. the battles are, for lack of a better term, mercurial and can shift with little or no warning at all. great fun to be had by all.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 06:56 PM       
I don't know. It just doesn't appeal to me, on account of the simplicity.

As for the recreation of historical battles, I don't know how accurate it is to have one person running into the middle of an army and taking them all out with the same combo used 20 times.
Custom User Title
kinot is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 10:52 PM       
The only Dynasty Warriors I liked would be the first one. It was completely different from 2, 3, 4.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 12:05 AM       
the great thing about dynasty warriors 3 is it builds up your frustation until its a homicidal urge, so when you beat a boss you scream at him for about an hour, forgetting that he cant hear you, then take a victory lap around the block...........or maybe thats just me
Legislacerator
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 12:24 AM       
nothing is better than beating those damn commanders in dw 3, especially after running around for a half hour searching for a rice cake after they hit you with 3 or 4 combos and you couldnt react

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 05:04 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
Like, 50 different characters, and it doesn't matter who you pick. Ever. They all have different weapons, but it doesn't matter. They're not different at all.
It's a lot of fun with 2 people. And yes, there are vast differences in the characters and their weapons. It is not the same character with a difference costume. You can't play every character in the same fashion.

Old Feb 14th, 2003, 05:06 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinot
The only Dynasty Warriors I liked would be the first one. It was completely different from 2, 3, 4.
DW1 was never released in the US.

In Japan, DW4 is actually DW3.

Reeks of that stupid shit Square did with the early Final Fantasy naming conventions.

Old Feb 14th, 2003, 05:10 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
nothing is better than beating those damn commanders in dw 3, especially after running around for a half hour searching for a rice cake after they hit you with 3 or 4 combos and you couldnt react
Nanman Campaign is a BITCH. Easily the longest battle of them all, except maybe the one with the burning boats. THAT one is a serious fuck-all.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 05:55 AM       
And those three posts couldn't have been put into one... why?

Anyway, from my experience (playing 2-player with my friend, who owns and likes this series), it just seemed to be brainless hack-and-slash, no matter who you picked. The enemies, for the most part, all seemed to have been trained in the art of Standing Around And Attacking One At A Time Fu.

And the environments seemed awfully flat, in my opinion.

And once again; Why do you have Gollum for your user pic?

Old Feb 14th, 2003, 06:09 AM       
Quote:
And those three posts couldn't have been put into one... why?
You are quite the whiny bitch, aren't you?

Quote:
And once again; Why do you have Gollum for your user pic?
Chewbacca looks like Gollum? You need to get your eyes checked.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 10:11 AM        ...
"They're not different at all."
Jamesman, that statment leads me to believe that you've never even seen the game. Or if you have, you got so frustrated that you quit too early. Or, your penis had inverted so far it affected your eyesight.

Saying they're all the same like saying that the characters from Street Fighter are the same. Psh!
This is one of my favorite PS2 games of all times. And by the way, DW1 was fecking horrible.
Yes, DW2 and 3 are button-mashers, but it's a fuckin' blast. I've been playing the game since it first came out, in moderation, and I still haven't found/unlocked everything. I still have about five or six characters that are lacking their fourth weapon. There are certain items I still don't have.

And the last I heard, a DW3 expansion pack was released in Japan already. It adds a fifth weapon for every character, makes the bodyguards more customizable and adds a few of the "Other" generals to story mode. I.e. Lu Bu. FUCK YEAH BEOTCH! It's looking like DW4 will be released in the U.S. in March. But it's actually just an expansion. Not an entirely new game. At least from what I understand...

Jamesman, you just made me cry. It's like I'm disappointed in my retarded son for sticking his tongue in an electric socket. Even though he's retarded, he should know better.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.

Old Feb 14th, 2003, 10:50 AM       
Lu Bu can make you his SILLY BITCH.

I remember playing that Mosou mission the first time and a friend of mine was like, uh, you go stop Lu Bu! I was like, ok, then almost got seriously RAPED. hahaha

Extreme Legends also adds "Very Difficult". As if we needed that. haha
Legislacerator
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 02:08 PM       
it should have tipped you off when he said "you go fight lu bu, i will go tackle these other 10,000 guys...at the same time"
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 06:33 PM       
The expansion's already out in the US, and DW4 is coming out in a month.

Anyway, McClain, from my own experience, the characters didn't really seem all that different, when it came to gameplay. That is probably because you didn't need to do anything besides hit X all the time, so there wasn't really much of a chance to see the difference in stats or whatever.

I seriously did play the game, for a few levels, with my friend. I just didn't get what's so great about it. It's just a little too simple for my tastes. But if you guys like it, more power to you.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 07:38 PM        ...
Truth be told, I thought the same thing with DW2 when I first got it. I was bored with it. But because it was one of only two games I owned at the time, I was forced to play it. I became addicted. Then, when DW3 came out, and I learned that it had more combos and more shit overall, I decided I must have it.
Now that I've been playing it for a while, I promise you that the characters are different. In the most fundamental gameplay way. You know, the girls are weak but fast, the big guys are slow but strong, the regular guys are a mix between. I LIKE IT AND NO AMOUNT OF BADMOUTHING THIS GAME WILL GET ME TO STOP PLAYING IT JAMESMAN SO JUST STOP IT ALREADY I GET THE POINT!
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 08:10 PM       
It's just not up my alley. It's obviously a decent series, since it's got 5 games under it's belt for US release. But I just don't like it.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 10:26 PM       
Okay so the 'Xtreme Legends DW 3' is nothing more than the expansion pack that includes Lu Bu as a playable character and has more weapons per character, right?

Now I know why I got the original for about $30 before Christmas: the same reason why no store now can get rid of their Metal Gear Solid 2 games for $20 or under.