Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 12:29 PM        W spares one hour for two guys on the 9/11 comission
Bush to Limit Interview with 9/11 Panel to an Hour

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The panel investigating the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States will get one hour to ask President Bush what he knew about events leading up to the suicide airline hijackings, the White House said on Friday.

"They are looking at an hour as you pointed out," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said when asked by a reporter whether he could confirm reports that Bush was limiting the meeting to an hour.

Rather than sitting down with all 10 members of the so-called 9/11 commission, Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney have only agreed to meet privately with its chairman, Thomas Kean, and the vice chairman, Lee Hamilton.

The panel would prefer that Bush meet with all of the members.

Created by the U.S. Congress, the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States is charged with examining lapses in intelligence and national security in the months before the attacks. Strikes by hijacked airplanes on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon killed about 3,000 people.

The panel has expressed concern that it will not have enough time to gather all the information it needs to meet a May 27 deadline to complete its report.

U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Dennis Hastert has been opposed to granting the panel's request for a 60-day extension on the grounds that the report would be issued at the height of the U.S. presidential campaign, potentially politicizing its findings.

Some Democrats in Congress have accused the White House of only half-heartedly backing the commission's request for an extension.

But McClellan called such accusations "silly."
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 12:32 PM       
Why not just write the word "GUILTY" across your fucking forehead, Dubya?
mesobe is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 01:08 PM       
why is it so "out there" to believe that bush caused or *atleast* let this whole thing happen.

Its pretty fucking obvious that he is pulling another Reichtag to convince the citizens of the US to fling away their civil liberties for so-called "homeland security"
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 03:21 PM       
I doubt that, although I wouldn't say it was beyond possible.

I think it's contemptous to give an hour though. It's like tipping a waitress a nickle, it's worse than no tip at all.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 05:10 PM       
I wonder how much time he'll be giving to fundraising dinners with "rangers" and "pioneers" that very same week....? Apparently 9/11 wasn't a very important event to this president.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2004, 09:18 PM       
Has nobody considered the possibility that maybe 9/11 isn't as important an event as it's been played up to be in the ensuing two and a half years?

If you think about it, these terrorist cells are probably operating completely independent of central leadership. Sure, they are connected with Al Qaeda and Osama's mama at the very base of their organization, but do you think for one second that Osama gave some kind of go-ahead for this?
Terrorist "training camps" aren't there to teach specific tasks and give standing orders, they're there to teach the hatred of Western civilization and absolute basic skills to act subversively. Then, the "trained" terrorists are unleashed upon the world.
Chances are, Muhammed Ata, Marwan Shahid and their ironically small group of accomplices who took those planes down were acting of their own accord, without more than a month or so of their own planning before 9/11 went down. No pun intended.

To think that our government would have let this happen is an attractive conspiracy theory.
To think that this was a larger part of some humongous terrorist movement is exactly what this administration wants; an excuse to pursue terrorists around the corner of every subversive, uncooperative, or politically disorganized country on this plannet.

Think a little bit.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 08:54 AM       
Contemptous much? I'm not suggesting any level of conspiracy. I'm stating that an event of this magnitude deserves thorough investigation so were better at anticipating and doing what we can to avoid such events in the future. I'm stating that the commander in chief owes more than an hour to the congressional investigation of this matter.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

Old Feb 28th, 2004, 09:52 AM       
Eh, I guess I was aimed at Brandon more than you, burbank.
(as I admit to nearly two paragraphs responding to a single sentence... d'oh)

Yeah, he owes it to the board to talk for longer than an hour.
I just don't think he even has an hour's worth of information.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
mesobe is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2004, 02:07 PM       
well it was important enough to cause two wars in Afganastan and Iraq.

Hes obviously avoiding the questions because he is GUILTY of murder.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

Old Feb 29th, 2004, 12:39 AM       
Did you read a single word past the first line in my post?

Really?