Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 07:16 PM        Islamic people on the board
Have you ever heard of Hassan-i Sabbah? I know it can't be expected for everyone to have heard of him just because of religion/ancestry.. but I'm just curious if you have, and what kinds of things you were told about him?

I'd really appreciate any of your thoughts/knowledge on the matter. Thanks.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 09:18 PM       
V:tM forum. :P
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 10:09 PM       
I haven't

Unless I did in sunday school, and I just forgot.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 01:47 AM       
What's V:tM? Vemelica: traunis Meculeum?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 07:32 AM       
Vampire: The Masquerade
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 08:07 AM        Re: Islamic people on the board
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
Have you ever heard of Hassan-i Sabbah? I know it can't be expected for everyone to have heard of him just because of religion/ancestry.. but I'm just curious if you have, and what kinds of things you were told about him?

I'd really appreciate any of your thoughts/knowledge on the matter. Thanks.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. -Hassan i Sabbah_

He founded the Hashashim I think in 1096..... I think he uttered the above heresy on his death bed. I"ll have to dig up that book I read about the Order of ASssassins.

P.S. Sorry, I'm not islamic. I should read the thread titles before posting....
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 09:22 AM       
Cosmo beat me to it. Hashishim, Asassin, that's about all I know, and my sources are both Western. William Burroughs had more than a passing interest in him, as did Robert Wilson in the Illuminati books.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 10:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Cosmo beat me to it. Hashishim, Asassin, that's about all I know, and my sources are both Western. William Burroughs had more than a passing interest in him, as did Robert Wilson in the Illuminati books.
Robert Anton WIlson fan, Max?

That's where I first heard the name, and managed to obtain a book on the subject...I think it was from the recommended reading list from the novels....
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 11:06 AM       
He has a swell wiki page too, but they don't mention the Assamite vampire clan at all.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 12:56 PM       
Dude they smoked pot :420
BANNED

Old Jan 24th, 2006, 12:56 PM       
Yea, I've heard him mentioned by both of those guys. If you guys like robert anton wilson I'd reccomend reading his other books, the ones he wrote after the illuminati trilogy: Cosmic trigger trilogy and prometheus rising. Prometheus rising is really good, it's based on timothy leary's eight circuit model of consciousness, which is essentially a run down of every psychological complex from both Jung and Freud, then combining it with yoga and drugs...
I think he mentioned hassan-i sabbah in Prometheus once or twice, mostly when talking about reimprinting and supposed brainwashing. He talks about how Hassan-i Sabbah would get people really high and really stoned/fucked up then he'd scare the shit out of them while they're hallucinating. Then he would show up with a harem of women and scare off the "beasts" which would attach people to him like they were his children or something.

I've heard alot of stuff about him, including that he brought hash to america and other "Mysteries". I've also heard his name mentioned in works by Hakim Bey and a few other authors.

"Nothing is true and everything is permitted" I love that quote. I do my best to live by philosophies similar to that.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 12:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
Dude they smoked pot :420
fixed
BANNED

Old Jan 24th, 2006, 01:02 PM       
Yea, sorry I didn't see the pot thing till after I posted. He was supposed to be a crazy stoner along with being a crazy freemasonic assassin, I think that's where timothy leary got alot of his inspiration for drug-induced psychological rehibilitation or even being able to reach deeply into consciousness and cause an effect.
BANNED

Old Jan 24th, 2006, 01:09 PM       
Also, I have so much pot right now I don't know what to do with it!

In honor of this thread and everybody posting in it, and of course in honor of hassas-i sabbah, I will now go take my morning gravity. GOOOOD MOOORNING GRAAAAAVITY, I damn your house
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 02:39 PM       
Bye bye, Riggo.

Riggo44 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 02:42 PM       
Sorry Kev......I didn't read the tos word for word
BANNED

Old Jan 24th, 2006, 02:47 PM       
What happened? ARE YOU ALREADY GOING TO BEGIN WITH YOUR REGIME OF CLASSIFICATIONS AND THE HIDING OF THE TRUTH? ME AND GEGGY ARE GOING TO FIND YOUR ASS OUT.

Riggo44 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 02:50 PM       
I said I would buy your pot and I guess that's a big no no here....oh well 2 tears in a bucket fuck it
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 02:52 PM       
Unless you're an Islamic drug dealer, I'd prefer you not talk about that shit here.
BANNED

Old Jan 24th, 2006, 03:03 PM       
Well if you want to buy some pot I hope you have a CANNIBUS CARD making it completely legal for you to do so.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 03:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
Yea, I've heard him mentioned by both of those guys. If you guys like robert anton wilson I'd reccomend reading his other books, the ones he wrote after the illuminati trilogy: Cosmic trigger trilogy and prometheus rising. Prometheus rising is really good, it's based on timothy leary's eight circuit model of consciousness, which is essentially a run down of every psychological complex from both Jung and Freud, then combining it with yoga and drugs...
I think he mentioned hassan-i sabbah in Prometheus once or twice, mostly when talking about reimprinting and supposed brainwashing. He talks about how Hassan-i Sabbah would get people really high and really stoned/fucked up then he'd scare the shit out of them while they're hallucinating. Then he would show up with a harem of women and scare off the "beasts" which would attach people to him like they were his children or something.

I've heard alot of stuff about him, including that he brought hash to america and other "Mysteries". I've also heard his name mentioned in works by Hakim Bey and a few other authors.

"Nothing is true and everything is permitted" I love that quote. I do my best to live by philosophies similar to that.
I've read all of Wilsons books, except his latest. I've ordered that one from New Falcon Publications...should be here any day now.
BANNED

Old Jan 24th, 2006, 03:36 PM       
Awesome I wish I had more money to spend on books. Which one is your favorite by him? What is his latest book?
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 03:52 PM       
Aside from "Illuminatus" , I think the Cosmic Trigger series and Promethius Rising were my favorites.

His newest is called "Email to the Universe". I'll post a book report after I"ve read it.
BANNED

Old Jan 24th, 2006, 03:59 PM       
Thanks.

Have you ever read any of the people he talks about? Like Korzybski? I want to buy some of his books. I've read a few things online. I know it won't have that same RAW flair, though.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 02:49 PM       
it doesn't. I tried to read something by one of the authors Wilson references all of the time, but it was so dry and dull, I couldn't finish it.

I wish I could remember his name....old age and alcohol are talking their toll