Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 09:37 PM        FLV converter
I have a bunch of videos sitting on my computer that I want to burn onto dvd before deleting. Problem is, almost all of them are in .flv format, and the program I'm using won't let me get the files on the disc.. So yeah, I welcome any recommendations for software and other suggestions.
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 01:13 AM       
avs4you I like it alright. Has a good DVD burn option.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 07:00 AM       
DVD Flick is an awesome, but basic, free DVD burning software. I'm pretty sure it can handle .flvs (and almost all the other video formats)

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 02:32 PM       
i believe the one I use is called infrarecorder and it burns basically everything

edit: idk if it actually does conversions but at the least it will let you burn flvs as data files
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 10:47 PM       
Thanks for the help guise
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2010, 06:00 PM       
I want to convert my .flv videos to another format, but I don't intend to burn to a DVD. Any suggestions for just converting?

Thanks!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2010, 10:48 PM       
Why convert it then? The more you convert it the more quality you loose.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2010, 10:52 PM       
Seriously. If you have weird file extensions then just download VLC player which can play anything

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 06:08 PM       
Thank you for the suggestions. The constraint that I need to convert the format from .flv is an absolute requirement. So any suggestions for a video convert? I've tried a few already with not great results.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 06:17 PM       
Make it an AVI?
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 06:36 PM       
Probably going to have to be a .wmv in the end, but I may be able to work with an .avi. I have a video converter that seems to work for everything but .flv.

Update:
It worked using "Any Video Converter" and it didn't add a watermark. Much better than the rest of the video converters I tried.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 07:49 PM       
the thing i use to convert stuff for my zune is called SUPER by ERightSoft, it does .flv and basically every other thing, i think it even converts to mpeg2 which is pretty uncommon for a free progarm
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 11:58 PM       
I used OJOsoft Total Video Converter when I converted RoGs youtube clips to AVI. I got the crack/pass from astalavista
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 07:48 PM       
This was the time I returned to post on the I-Mockery forums and realized Tadao is as dumb as a box of rocks. I appreciate the effort though. Esuohlim, executioneer, always a pleasure. bye.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 08:45 PM       
Youtube clips are in .flv

CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 09:51 PM       
What a hoser.
Old Nov 17th, 2010, 09:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I used OJOsoft Total Video Converter when I converted RoGs youtube clips to AVI. I got the crack/pass from astalavista
I came back to tell you that you are dumb because you went for illegal software when there is perfectly good free and open source software out there that has been checked for malware. You put your computer at risk when you had other options.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 12:24 AM       
Oh no! Whatever am I going to do!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 05:46 PM       
what an idiot: he didn't even know that there was software which had already been checked for malware which is free and open source
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 09:47 PM       
I'm sure someone made freeware out of the goodness of his heart and didn't hide a trojan in it knowing that every idiot that downloads it will think it is virus free.
OH GOD
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 10:57 PM       
i've never had a freeware with a trojan

then again, i've never gotten a trojan from piracy either so idk
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 11:53 PM       
The worst virus I ever got from pirating was in the 80s. It added onto the size of all exes and all of a sudden it wouldn't fit on a floppy anymore.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 20th, 2010, 12:27 AM       
what are anti-virus scanners and why would anybody have one
OH GOD
Old Nov 20th, 2010, 02:08 AM       
the wors virus i ever got was from infected ads on this forum before i switched to firefags