Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 03:42 PM        What no celebration?
Being a Canadian and not having my country take part in your liberation of Iraq I feel odd to be the first to this today but how do you Americans feel today? and also do you resent countries like mine not contributing?
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 04:02 PM       
no fartin, but i resent you for being such a fucking retard.

on a serious note, the lack of more widespread international response has already been well-covered here.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 08:25 PM       
I'm very glad tht we seemed to have turned some sort of corner that will result in less people dying. However, I think seeing things as over or celebrating victory would be very premature.

When things are actually over and it's safe to move around I assume we'll set up masive mobile hospital facilities. That will be cause for celebration.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 08:37 PM       
It just felt different for me today with the Canadian "talk" radio channel asking the listeners to comment on todays toppling of Saddam in the center of the City. A majority of the listener comments felt the Canadian goverment made a mistake in not being apart of the coalition.

Baalzamon is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 09:36 PM       
The canadian governments only mistake is that they didnt pick a stance and stick to it.

The PM has been flip flopping all over this since the war started, to the frustration of the opposition parties. I've been watching the debates here every morning befor I go to school.

Heres a basic day by day on it.

"we do not support the armed removal of any regime, not even in Iraq. This is a disagreement on a matter of principles eh.."

"we want the americans to Kick Saddams ass hard! "

"We do not support this conflict, and will not participate, due to a difference in principles. but GO USA!"

"There are no canadian troops that are embedded in US units and in combat situations. we do not support the war by the way. GO USA!"

"There are canadian troops that are embedded in US units and in combat situations eh, but we will not recall them. we do not support the war by the way. Go USA!"

"Go USA!"

"We wish that this had not come to war ehhh... GO USA!"

"It is bad that civilians and innocent pipples are hurt eh... Go USA!"

"We support the UN role in dis eh... GO USA!"

you see the problem.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 10:11 PM       
When it comes to our goverment and things like the softwood lumber industry and free trade it shows to me how insignifigant we are to the U.S. Cretien is a knob and trying to make a stand to the U.S. in not helping is just another nail in the coffin for our fucked up economy.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 10:19 PM       
Uh huh... except that our economy is doing better than the U.S.'s right now.

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 11:01 PM        Yeah
Well I suppose I'll take you up on your offer. Being an American, and better yet a tool of the government at that, here is what I think.

I must admit that I had a bit of shallow, dirty, unethical pride with watching that statue come down this morning. I confess that it goes against the love of humanity and is nothing but blind patriotic crap, but I felt a little pride. Not so much in this nation, or it's policies, but specifically the folks that have been over there busting there ass and doing things that few of us could ever imagine to make what happened today a reality.

I'm sure that todays television images that will be replayed over and over again do not represent the whole picture, as I'm sure just as some Arabs cheered the symbolic fall of Saddam, some jeered and shook their fists in anger. The idealist in my hopes there were more of the former. However irrational it may be, I gaurantee you those guys in tanks that witnessed all of that today felt like they did something to make the world a better place, however symbolic and small it may seem.

Anyway, I hold no illusions as to what the future may hold. I'm sure there is a tough road ahead, and there is no gaurantee that all will remain peaceful. Perhaps its the war in me, but I am always a skeptic when it comes to such things. You know, if something seems to good to be true, it probably is. I still harbour some fears of some impending disaster or last ditch effort by the regime or Saddam loyalists.

It is my sincere hope that what will follow represents the rhetoric that has lead us here. I hope that me make sound decisions with regards to bring stability to Iraq, and I idealistically hope that our future actions in Iraq will ease some of the Anti-American sentiment amongst Arabs in the region.

I am thankful that to this point this has been relatively painless. While I'm sure the families of those who've been directly affected on both sides would hardly consider it painless, in the big picture things have not been as disasterous as could have been expected.

Oh yeah, one more thing. As for my own personal sentiments towards other nations who did not participate, I hold no grudges. What has happened in Iraq transcends petty "I told you so's". It wasn't, at least I hope, about proving anyone wrong, it was about doing what is hopefully the right thing even if some didn't agree. I think the French and Germans should be fully allowed to participate in the peace process. I hope the matter heads back to the U.N. as that would be a much more effective body to organize peace and humanitarian aid in my opinion.

I don't really like Canadians anyway cuz they talk funny and they didn't force Celene Dion's mom to have an aborotion so I guess Canada's lack of participation in the Iraqi war haven't made me like Canadians any less.
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 06:48 AM       
.....I was happy to see that the Iraqi people were happy on top of Saddam's threat to being eliminated.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 07:43 AM       
I FOR ONE WAS VERY ANGRY ABOUT THIS AND WISHED OUR GREAT LEADER SADDAM HAD FALLEN ON A COUPLE OF SOLDIERS.

GRRR

@#$% BUSH

LAST NIGHT I WENT HOME AND SLAPPED A CHILD BECAUSE I WAS ANGRY THAT THE WAR WAS WON.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 12:25 PM