Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Tom
Let me get this straight. This idiot is off riding a bicycle while crises brew over the raid of Ahmed Chalabi's residence, the Abu Ghraib prison abuses, and mounting American casualties. Oh, and let us not forget that the beginning of the hand-over of power from the occupation authority to Iraqis begins in 5 weeks amid continuing unrest in Najaf and other cities.

Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo.
He took an hour out of his morning to get some eexcersise. Something pretty much everyone in the world should look into, especially most Americans.

Don't people have enough to bitch and moan about? Seriously, this really does make the anti-Bush crowd look petty and childish. You'd do best to just drop it.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2004, 12:37 PM       
For Christ's sake, Blanco, we're not talking about a guy getting an hour's worth of exercise, we're talking about a guy who seems to take vacation every three weeks. He's taken more vacation time than any other president in our history, and this is the guy who calls himself a wartime president. Judging by his National Guard performance, I guess wartime, to him, has always involved lots of vacation.

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2004, 12:45 PM       
I'm about as anti-G.dub as they come, but I have to admit this is pretty petty... especially seeing as it was only a one hour bike ride... sure it was in Crawford, but I'm sure he was just relaxing/getting ready for his big speech.

Now let me set this straight. I can't stand the guy, but blathering on about a stupid bike accident just makes liberals look as foolish as conservatives during Clinton's tenure (in the way that they hung onto everything he did with a sick obsession).

this is just ridiculous on a "celebrities uncensored" level.
Will chop you good.
Old May 25th, 2004, 12:59 PM       
IT'S NOT ABOUT A GODDAMN BIKE ACCIDENT. IT'S ABOUT THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD ON CONSTANT VACATION.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 25th, 2004, 01:16 PM       
Okay, if this doesn't deserve a thread how come this thread is so long.

BUT...

a few points.

1.) This post mkes the thread longer. I think that's hysterical.
2.) Mostly I thought this was funny, like when he fell off the segway or passed out eating a pretzel. I thought it was funny when Gerald Ford fell down, I thought it was funny when Jimmy Carter was attacked by a Rabbit, it's just the way I'm built. Sue me.
3.) I thought it was funny to promote the idea that the Whitehouse is covering up 'ol Georgey Boy being back on the sauce, AND I'm not %100 certain I won't turn out to be right about that.
4.) I totally do think W takes way too much vacation, and regardless of wether or not it's good for his health, I think concidering our current state of affairs he ought to be too busy. That's my opinion. It's not the entire reason I posted, but I think taking into account that he's a 'war' presient and all, I think he's fucking slacker. I think annyone who holds the record for 'most vacationing president ever' ought to be ashamed, and that would go for a chief executive during peace time with budget surplus let lone this mook.
5.) I still think it's funny he fell off is bike. I PROMISE you, if John Kerry falls off a bike, or slips on a banana peel or leaves his fly undone I will think it's funny. And in the unlikely event he manages to make president, if he takes anywhere near as much time off as W. you can bet you'll read me complaining about it.

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2004, 01:32 PM       
Max, I understand your points, and to me it seems you are much more interested in making a joke of the accident.

If this thread were solely about the president being on vacation too much, how come the excerpt doesn't say or address how long he had been in Crawford or why he was there in the first place? How come Max didn't doesn't mention this?

Everyone knows that he takes too much goddamn vacation. Using his stupid bike accident as an excuse to harp on him is just as pitiful as using it to trump up how tough he is. It is petty.

By the way, he was apparently in Texas for one of his daughters graduations which he didn't end up attending anyway.

hell I would rather the asshole be on vacation all the time, then he couldn't fuck anything up.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2004, 04:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett
If this thread were solely about the president being on vacation too much, how come the excerpt doesn't say or address how long he had been in Crawford or why he was there in the first place?
That's the beauty of the thread. Max gets to point up what an imbecile the guy is AND make his point about presidential vacationing. It's a win-win all the way around.

Wherever you go, there you are.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 25th, 2004, 04:11 PM       
See, now, that's what I thought. But all this debate makes me think further diacussion is required.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2004, 04:14 PM       
Being an incompetent puppet, does it really matter whether he's on or off the wagon as long as he's fluffed come press time?

Wherever you go, there you are.
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2004, 05:35 PM       
"I PROMISE you, if John Kerry falls off a bike, or slips on a banana peel or leaves his fly undone I will think it's funny. " - Max

Obviously not fuuny enough to make a thread over it....

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...rry-bike_x.htm

Max you are a partisan flake.
Old May 25th, 2004, 05:37 PM       
"I PROMISE you, if John Kerry falls off a bike, or slips on a banana peel or leaves his fly undone I will think it's funny. " - Max

Obviously not fuuny enough to make a thread over it....

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...rry-bike_x.htm

Max you are a partisan flake.

Kerry takes a spill from bike

CONCORD, Mass. (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry took a spill from his bicycle after hitting a patch of sand during a ride Sunday afternoon, but he was uninjured, campaign officials said.

Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry rides his bicycle along a path on the Longfellow Bridge in Boston.
Steven Senne, AP

Kerry was riding south on a two-lane road at about 1:00 p.m. in the direction of Walden Pond State Reservation in Concord, a quiet, suburban town about 18 miles northwest of Boston.

He was approaching a stop light at the intersection with Route 2 and was slowing down when he veered left into the oncoming lane and fell, according to an Associated Press reporter who witnessed him fall. Secret Service agents and local police immediately stopped traffic while Kerry and a handful of bicycling companions moved to the shoulder.

"He's fine. They took the bike into the bike shop, and he went home," said Kerry campaign adviser Michael Meehan.

The Massachusetts senator was riding his custom Serotta bicycle, and was wearing a helmet.

Kerry had returned to Massachusetts, where he has a home in Boston's posh Beacon Hill section, for a break from the campaign trail.

Kerry, 60, rides his bicycle as often as he can get free time on the campaign trail. He even brings it along with him on the campaign plane.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Will chop you good.
Old May 25th, 2004, 05:47 PM       
It's not as funny 'cause he was unhurt. Injury always makes something funnier.

But it's still funny.
Old May 25th, 2004, 06:06 PM       
Good try.

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2004, 06:17 PM       
Seriously, though. No hardcore photos. Just Kerry wavin' and smilin'. Whereas with Bush we see blood, and a viciously squinted eye!

Ronnie, your just as much of a partisan flake as Max.
Will chop you good.
Old May 25th, 2004, 06:22 PM       
OK, Alice, I'll indulge you for a moment, and pretend that you really don't know why Bush's fall is inherently funnier than Kerry's:

1) First of all, what I said is true- injury makes it funnier.
2) More importantly, Bush's reputation for being a raging boozer in his younger days brings with it the implication that, as Max stated, he may be back on the sauce. That is funny.
3) Bush is kind of dopey and ineloquent, Kerry is the opposite. You'd expect something like this to happen to a guy who (allegedly) choked on a pretzel.

And, hey, I laughed when Kerry got mowed over on the ski slopes, too, so blow me.

Old May 25th, 2004, 06:28 PM       
This is a redonk argument. Bush getting hurt and goofy photos = funny. Kerry reported to fall of bike, no injuries, no funny pics = not funny.

LIBERAL CONSPIRACY

No, dumbass.
Old May 25th, 2004, 06:30 PM       
Where is the thread then, Spad?

"Ronnie, your just as much of a partisan flake as Max. " - Drew

Did you see that Max? Drew said you are a flake.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 25th, 2004, 06:37 PM       
In order to make a thread about it, Ronnie, Max would have to KNOW ABOUT IT.

Has Max posted in here since you mentioned the article? Do you think Max reads every newspaper published everywhere? Hell, the Bush incident was even on the news here in CANADA. Your link is the first time I've even heard of the Kerry fall.
Will chop you good.
Old May 25th, 2004, 06:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
Where is the thread then, Spad?

It didn't occur to me, Jennifer, just the same as it didn't occur to me to make this one.
Old May 25th, 2004, 06:41 PM       
The Kerry fall made national news everywhere........that's a cop out.

Old May 25th, 2004, 06:42 PM       
Quote:

Shucks, I was such a loyal follower of his before.

Old May 25th, 2004, 06:43 PM       
Quote:
But there aren't any funny pictures or injuries. Shutup. Stop Arguing. It's so obvious why Bush's fall is funnier. It has nothing to do with politics.
Old May 25th, 2004, 06:53 PM       
It doesn't matter if Bush's fall is funnier.

Max said this....

and my point was that it had nothing to do with whether or not it was funny.....it's all political because he didn't do the same for Kerry.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2004, 07:06 PM       
Well thank you for flogging it to death and wearing any possible shred of humor out of it. ;(
Will chop you good.
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:13 PM       
Quote:
Listen, Frances, I didn't even fucking know it happened until you posted the article. And Bush's fall is still funnier.