Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 01:15 AM        Designing my first tattoo (movie character based)
So I'm not in school at the moment, but my field of "study" is graphic design. I want to get into character design, modeling and rigging and possibly go on to game design. If anything I think I could make some sort of career in advertising/web design/stage fx but as for right now I'm not too sure what direction I'm going to take it in.

This is the idea for my tattoo, currently it's a bunch of images stuck together in MSPaint. I am going to draw my own expressions on the characters when I am ready to sit down and design it, but this is the idea I am going for:

Are you ready for how fucking awesome this is going to look?

Spoilers!

It looks like shit because it's just how I want the layout to look. Soon I will sketch it up, blend it together and make it flow and look great. I DO have some artistic ability:

I imagine this would be on my right shoulder and arm, and when I finally do get it I will post the end result.

I haven't gone into designing it because I'm torn on the context of the characters. I think that Ash Williams could be involved but I don't want to go more than three characters. If I did switch him with someone it would probably be Bill the Butcher even though he's probably my favorite. Mainly because the whole tattoo theme would then be "B Movie Badass Protagonists" whereas Bill the Butcher is not only a villain but he is far more recent than Snake Plissken and Johnny Rico.

Other characters have come to mind and when it comes down to it I want to make a choice that I won't regret 40 years down the line. Not so much "this is fucking stupid" more along the lines "fuck I shoulda got bruce lee"

Other characters I've thought of are Tron which I don't think would fit at all, Major Dutch (arnold from Predator, the only thing that would distinguish this character from his other characters is a cigar), Wray from Planet Terror (Freddy Rodriguez) and one I think would be great is Wikus Van De Merwe (face half transformed, prawn eyeball showing) from District 9. And no I'm not thinking about The Joker.

I've never really been the kind of person to see a design or a slogan and think "yeah man I want that on my body forever" because I know i'd feel like shit about it in 2 years. This however is something I want to put alot of thought into before I go permanently marking myself up. So since this website is devoted to B movies, action, horror and 80's style badassery, I'd love to hear suggestions towards the future of this tattoo.