Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 03:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Pardon me, but I have more faith in developers than publishers when it comes to betting on whether a game will be good or not.
Once again,

It's a joint venture. Most publishers work with their developers on what the final product is going to look like.

In this case Bayonetta was developed and published together. Both Sega and Platinum games had a hand in the final product.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 03:03 PM       
No. Not always. Not most.

But for a more logical argument, please give some examples so that I may give examples of games without publishers that were picked up at the last minute.
Banned

Old Mar 8th, 2010, 03:10 PM       
Quote:
No. Not always. Not most.
You're right, not always, but it happens, and it happened in this case which we are discussing. Sega the publishers and Platinum Games the developer worked together as what happens most of the time between publishers and developers to create a finished product.

In this case, Sega developed the PS3 Port while Platinum took control of the XBOX port.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 03:25 PM       
You're right.
Banned

Old Mar 8th, 2010, 03:33 PM       
Quote:
You're right.
No ! You're right!

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 07:03 PM       
so in conclusion sega sux at making games porting other games an treating sonic with respect?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 8th, 2010, 07:23 PM       
Sounds about right.

Banned

Old Mar 8th, 2010, 09:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
so in conclusion sega sux at making games porting other games an treating sonic with respect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
Sounds about right.
Yes, Yes, and Yes.

But.......Sega did Develop the shitty Bayonetta PS3 port AND has helped in numerous other titles they published.

SEEEEGGGAAAA
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 08:19 PM       
Finished Bayonetta and it goes directly to my Goty 2010-List. I wasn´t even aware that they still make games like these in this dark age of gaming. Feels like a breath of fresh air and chainsaws riding a comet from Yuggoth.

Also, I´m about 28hrs into FF13 and...what can I say...it´s still just "meh" or if you want a funny german word: Larifari. The game just offers so little and even after almost 30 hours it still feels like I´m playing the fucking tutorial. Whoever was responsible for the way the game is paced, should be crucified. In Deep-Space. Naked. By Mecha-Jesus if you want.

Honestly, the game has such a bad...how can I describe it without using "pacing" again...I´ll say "Rhythm". The dungeons are WAY too long, the fighting gets horribly tedious around the 15-Hour-Mark, all the time you just want the game to open up but noooo you read the reviews and you KNOW you have to play through 30 hours of linear A-B-Sequence-A-B-Sequence...over and over and over again.

Granted, the quality of the story DOES get better after a while, as do the characters. But really, what grown up gamer has the time and the will to sink 20+ hours in a game, just based on the assumption that it might get good later on? You don´t design games like that. You just don´t.

Look at Suikoden 5 for example. That game spent 10 hours wasting your time before it really began. Ten. Final Fantasy 13 wastes over twenty.

Do you guys remember the time when you first got out of Midgar in FF7 and you thought "finally, now the game begins for real!"? That is the point you want to get to in FF13 but the fucking game just keeps going on and on with what still feels like the fucking Prelude.

Sorry, I´m rambling, but I thought I´d share my concerns for this waste of potential. Because that´s what it feels like up till now.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 09:34 PM       
So not sure if anyone remembers my escpades with a Sega CD, we recently got together with my friend and hooked up the beast. For some magical reason, it worked. My friend and I got to play some Sonic CD and Desert Bus. Pretty slick.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 12:09 PM       
Quote:
Pardon me, but I have more faith in developers than publishers when it comes to betting on whether a game will be good or not.
Always bet on Duke.

Banned

Old Mar 10th, 2010, 02:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Always bet on Duke.

Are you playing the fully rendered JFDukes? That's the one I have on my PC as well as the fully rendered Hexen, Doom, and Heretic. It's really good.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 09:02 AM       
Got an invite to the Lego Universe closed beta. I'm so pumped; the game looks really fucking sweet.

Edit: Seems pretty cool. Looks like there might be a lot of platforming involved? Game started to lag around the first major area. Like the customization, but it needs more hair. I settled on Conan O'Brien because most of the other hair was kinda lame anyways.

Last edited by Phoenix Gamma : Mar 11th, 2010 at 11:14 AM.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 03:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Finished Bayonetta and it goes directly to my Goty 2010-List. I wasn´t even aware that they still make games like these in this dark age of gaming. Feels like a breath of fresh air and chainsaws riding a comet from Yuggoth.

Also, I´m about 28hrs into FF13 and...what can I say...it´s still just "meh" or if you want a funny german word: Larifari. The game just offers so little and even after almost 30 hours it still feels like I´m playing the fucking tutorial. Whoever was responsible for the way the game is paced, should be crucified. In Deep-Space. Naked. By Mecha-Jesus if you want.

Honestly, the game has such a bad...how can I describe it without using "pacing" again...I´ll say "Rhythm". The dungeons are WAY too long, the fighting gets horribly tedious around the 15-Hour-Mark, all the time you just want the game to open up but noooo you read the reviews and you KNOW you have to play through 30 hours of linear A-B-Sequence-A-B-Sequence...over and over and over again.

Granted, the quality of the story DOES get better after a while, as do the characters. But really, what grown up gamer has the time and the will to sink 20+ hours in a game, just based on the assumption that it might get good later on? You don´t design games like that. You just don´t.

Look at Suikoden 5 for example. That game spent 10 hours wasting your time before it really began. Ten. Final Fantasy 13 wastes over twenty.

Do you guys remember the time when you first got out of Midgar in FF7 and you thought "finally, now the game begins for real!"? That is the point you want to get to in FF13 but the fucking game just keeps going on and on with what still feels like the fucking Prelude.

Sorry, I´m rambling, but I thought I´d share my concerns for this waste of potential. Because that´s what it feels like up till now.
Thank you for saving me time on that actually. I was thinking about picking up FF13 yesterday but I just don't have the time to play for 30+ hrs and not get anywhere awesome. That's how I felt about Suikoden 5 as well. I loved it but it took forever to get going.
Turrican't. :(
Kitsunexus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 03:31 PM       
I am emulating Blazing Star on my DS. Technology never fails to amaze me!
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 06:11 PM       
Attack of The Paper Zombies, A fun, addactive game.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2010, 04:27 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Thank you for saving me time on that actually. I was thinking about picking up FF13 yesterday but I just don't have the time to play for 30+ hrs and not get anywhere awesome. That's how I felt about Suikoden 5 as well. I loved it but it took forever to get going.
My pleasure. It does open up after around 30hrs (about 30mins after I posted my rant) but still....way too late for some people to still be interested at that point. There are some interesting battles on Pulse later on and some giant enemies and you get to do hunting-quests and later chocobo treasure-hunting. A lot of things are apparently supposed to be done after you finish the game, a mechanic I hate. I´m grinding to onehit the final boss, what´s the point of doing it AFTER I kill it? Ah whatever, I think I need a break from 13...might play some more Risen, that game is strangely..comfy in it´s presentation...just running around Harbortown, watching the weather, helping the Order to weed out injustice and crime and making the Don´s people my enemies...but what can I say, I want to be a mage and for that, I gotta help the order so that´s what will happen.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 12th, 2010, 11:16 AM       
Finally popped L4D2 in the ole xbox last night. Every fucking game I got into though was full of fucking retards that would just run off and do their own thing and die. No one worked together for shit.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2010, 12:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Finally popped L4D2 in the ole xbox last night. Every fucking game I got into though was full of fucking retards that would just run off and do their own thing and die. No one worked together for shit.

I plan on playing tonight.....and killing stupid people.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2010, 01:32 PM       
Dimnos, you should play with Bill, Kahljorn, and I, we are a fairly strong team and have forced many ragequits.
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 12th, 2010, 01:38 PM       
We even almost beat the JAPOCHEATS.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2010, 01:42 PM       
THOSE FUCKING JAP HACKERS
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 12th, 2010, 02:53 PM       
I told my gf I'll be doing MANSTUFF tonight so I am gonna be on all night.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 12th, 2010, 05:57 PM       
BATMAN STILL PLAYING BATMAN
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 12th, 2010, 09:35 PM       
I got L4D2 but I think it's a bit shite, although I haven't played multiplayer yet. They call the cricket bat a paddle bat, which is annoying.

Also playing Supreme Commander 2, which is worse than the original, but not as bad as I've heard.